More than 450,000 tourists on the move over first three weeks of June

geovalin

For the first three week of June, more than 450,000 Cambodians and other residents of the Kingdom visited tourist destinations throughout the country, said Tourism Minister Thong Khon.

He said that the total number was 452,692, an increase of 7.24 percent over the same three weeks in May. The number of local tourists was 441,397, an increase of 6.61 percent and foreign tourists of 1,295, an increase of 39.34 percent.

Khon added that the coastal provinces (especially Kampot and Kep) remain the most popular destinations. They attracted nearly 50 percent of total internal tourists. Siem Reap continued to show signs of recovery as tourism businesses, hotels, guesthouses and restaurants reopened.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50738065/more-than-450000-tourists-on-the-move-over-first-three-weeks-of-june/

Given what gomangosteen has said above, I think I will give Cambodia a miss. Seems like they are using the coronavirus to collect in some money. $225 a day for treatment? What treatment can they give? A few paracetamol to bring your fever down, and a bed in a lousy hospital for $225? No thanks.

• Like 2

For reference - the current strict financial requirements are only operative during the coronavirus pandemic. Also note, tourist visas are NOT being issued for "outsiders". 

Quote:-

More than 450,000 tourists on the move over first three weeks of June

These are domestic tourists, mainly Khmers, other locals/ex-pats and "stranded" tourists who are now able to move around the country, just as in Thailand (eg. Bangkokians visiting Pattaya, and some Thai friends of mine from Issan who are currently enjoying a holiday in Kanchanaburi)