Possible world conflict

30 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

We would not ever have had this CCP problem, at this scale, if not for greedy traitorous (explitives) who sent out factories there, to take advantage of the slave-labor the CCP was selling.  The CCP's entire country was build on the trade-deficit wealth sucked out of Western nations run by traitors, plus technology they obtained both legally (from corporate-traitors) and illegally.

Yes, this monster must be stopped before it gets worse.  But, I don't see why it needs to be a "hot war" - containment and isolation worked on the USSR.  With the proper incentive, the Chinese people could throw off the (explitives), and turn China into a net-benefit to the world.

What a post Jack?! No pulling any punches with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I think you and the Mrs are to be commended.

Most Thai ladies that I know would not say 'no' to a government official with a clip board.

So! Who's it to be US or China?

There is no choice! As I´ve chosen to live in Asia, I will have to accept China. Like I said, it´s inevitable. If I like it or not? Probably not, but I would not like more influence from USA either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

There is no choice! As I´ve chosen to live in Asia, I will have to accept China. Like I said, it´s inevitable. If I like it or not? Probably not, but I would not like more influence from USA either.

There will come a time - when? - that the US will have to make a decision about Thailand,

China knows that the way to hurt the US is economically. It cannot win in a military conflict. So it is gradually exerting influence all over.

IMO China will soon provide an alternative to the Petrodollar. All the countries that deal with China can settle in the new money; a crypto backed by gold perhaps, or gold itself. China has been stockpiling gold for two decades. US gold reserves are unknown, but are thought by many to be non-existent.

It's hard military US power or the soft creepy power of the Chinese.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

So we are thinking that this is not possible!? Eh! 

After watching "The coming war on China' (John Pilger) for the second time this week, I think it is. The Thai authorities might just like to know where they stand with us farang.

Of course it is a possibility. A suicidal one.

I have not  watched said  movie  but if  eminating  from the USA  then presenting a distortion of the  realities in both honest initiation and likely outcome.

The general global population has been duped into believing that national interests are  actually the result of the political presentations  of policy whether that  be the illusion of  democratic or any other alternative.

The ideology of political persuasion  is a social  detour  from the reality.

The primary  concept of an organized and controlled population is and has been  for  countless decades  in multiple terms is attainment of  superior  wealth and from it  "power".

Which is why even the  most ancient civilizations that achieved it's  heights before historically collapsing for causes more often than not due to natural events in combination with resistance of that effect and complacency and assumption of superior invulnerability.

In the  living history of  humanity  what has changed in real terms?

The  false rhetoric  of  best  intention as declared is consistently  undermined  by the outcome of  surreptitious  actions.

Sadly despite all acclaims of humanitarian concern and  technological advancement the human animal has simply improved  the application of a large rock to the side of the head of a competitor to the nuclear capacity of  vindictive  but  pointless aggression and  retaliation potentially resulting  in self  annihilation.

Perhaps it is  deserved.

• Like 1

While I don't support Trump, I certainly have Sympathy for him and a lot can happen before the election to ensure a Biden win.

Those who support Biden should read this book, its about the anti-Christ that brings about the end of the world through a Nuclear War as Secretary of State with China written over 100 years ago.

The main Characters are a father Francis and a Senator from Vermont who becomes Secretary of State.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/14021

There are many Prophetic writings like the Bible which the Corona virus is the 1st seal to be broken.

There are 2 Beasts in the Bible, not just 1, the 1st beast has 42 months.

27 minutes ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

While I don't support Trump, I certainly have Sympathy for him and a lot can happen before the election to ensure a Biden win.

Those who support Biden should read this book, its about the anti-Christ that brings about the end of the world through a Nuclear War as Secretary of State with China written over 100 years ago.

The main Characters are a father Francis and a Senator from Vermont who becomes Secretary of State.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/14021

There are many Prophetic writings like the Bible which the Corona virus is the 1st seal to be broken.

There are 2 Beasts in the Bible, not just 1, the 1st beast has 42 months.

Biden was the Credit-Card Usurer's Senator from Delaware.  But don't think Bernie of Vermont is getting near SoS - maybe HUD or HHS.

As to prophecy - if well-written, it can be interpreted as "about to happen" every couple decades, due to recurring patterns in human history, combined with ongoing sociological and technological change, for which biological evolution has no mechanism of coping.  The Dead Sea Scrolls authors thought it was happening then.

• Like 1

Don't laugh , I thought of the same scenario

I like Chinese food and adore Chinese girls

That's about it!

Oh! USA all the way baby

The chinese ideology is knockin down our cultural symbols, and instigating anarchy in the streets! 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

So we are thinking that this is not possible!? Eh! 

After watching "The coming war on China' (John Pilger) for the second time this week, I think it is. The Thai authorities might just like to know where they stand with us farang.

No farang with half a brain cell would officially go against China. Doesn't matter what one thinks, when China finally takes over the ( not identified country ), those that have openly come out against them will be joining the Uigers.

That there will be a war with China is IMO undoubted ( unless the west just gives up and surrenders ). The only thing I don't profess to know is when.

While I hope to have passed over before it happens, the sight of all the spoiled little princesses and princes in the west would be worth waiting for.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dreaming, right?

Many millions work in sweat shop factories making stuff for the west- what happens when AI robotics eliminates those jobs and automated factories are relocated to home countries?

AI robotics is going to change EVERYTHING. Whatever we knew before will be gone, and it's all happening without any fuss or media interest. One day we'll wake up in a brave new world and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Why else do you think there is so much focus on the universal income, which will replace working as there will be few jobs left to do?

Most people adjust to the times, they have for centuries! It might not be utopia but it has been working

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No farang with half a brain cell would officially go against China. Doesn't matter what one thinks, when China finally takes over the ( not identified country ), those that have openly come out against them will be joining the Uigers.

That there will be a war with China is IMO undoubted ( unless the west just gives up and surrenders ). The only thing I don't profess to know is when.

While I hope to have passed over before it happens, the sight of all the spoiled little princesses and princes in the west would be worth waiting for.

China fighting the west would be a disaster for the world, and it wouldn't end well for China in any event.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dreaming, right?

Many millions work in sweat shop factories making stuff for the west- what happens when AI robotics eliminates those jobs and automated factories are relocated to home countries?

AI robotics is going to change EVERYTHING. Whatever we knew before will be gone, and it's all happening without any fuss or media interest. One day we'll wake up in a brave new world and there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Why else do you think there is so much focus on the universal income, which will replace working as there will be few jobs left to do?

More die of bad diet and obesity than starve in the world today. so thats an improvement and the fact that healthcare of some sort is now available to most and average age of death is still rising in all developing countries bares out my statement. 

I however agree with the rest your post, which is why i fully expect at some point a huge reduction of the population, This might happen fast as with traditional means like war or plague or  pestilence or by drugs, euthanasia, sterilisation, affordability of family etc. The latter methods could take generations, might be sustainable and no doubt would be preferable to most alive today. 

Im under no illusions the future is going to be very different and im glad my time of working was a lot more simple and stable than its going to be in the future.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

China fighting the west would be a disaster for the world, and it wouldn't end well for China in any event.

I agree but that doesn't mean it won't happen. WW1 was fought over nothing much except stupidity by the military leaders.

The Japanese attacked the US even though it was obvious to some in high circles that the US would win.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, englishoak said:

I however agree with the rest your post, which is why i fully expect at some point a huge reduction of the population, This might happen fast as with traditional means like war or plague or  pestilence

Some say that Corona was a trial for the real event. I don't know, but it's possible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, englishoak said:

With the other milder plagues come out of China in the past decades each one being more concerning than the last Its possible, especially when combined with a Chinese generals analysis of and conclusion that China needs desperately to expand its territory which would not be peacefully tolerated by the world especially the USA and that Americas is by far the most desired land on earth so the best means are by biological  warfare and population tolerance China has 6 x the population of the US so in the event of say a 60% population reduction in a pandemic China would still have 2.5 x that of the US does today.  China in manpower at least can afford the risk, plus it has no checks and balances about how it deals with its population that most of the world does, at least in the developed one of the west. In short the CCP might do things no other nation could get away with, what concerns me with china CCP is It has no morals and no interest in humanity other than its own self interests.

I dont write anything off being possible where China is concerned.. Of course I would expect a scorched earth policy to occur before the US gave up its land to any invading force or takeover, even in an aftermath of a horrific plague.  

https://eurasiantimes.com/chinese-military-base-in-pacific-near-australia/

4 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The presenter on that YT video is the highly-respected British journalist - John Pilger.

The CCP is absolutely no friend of mine.  But given that China is surrounded by dozens of US military bases, (except on it's northern border with Russia/Mongolia, I'm not surprised that they are pushing to kick the US out of what they see as their region of dominance.  Can you imagine if China started to open military bases just hundreds of km from the USA?  The USA would go ... er ... ballistic, so to speak.

I have absolutely no doubt that China would win a war against the USA.  But that won't be a military war.  It will be an economic war, a war of cyber-sabotage and cyber-viruses, and a war of real viruses.  China doesn't want to rule the world, but it does want to dominate it's 'home' region in Asia and the western Pacific.

https://eurasiantimes.com/chinese-military-base-in-pacific-near-australia/

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When/if, I won't be here to be "rounded-up."

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It may not go "hot" - but if it does, the spoiled rich sellouts in the West, who helped China become the menace it is now, will not be the ones suffering.  They never do.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

The presenter on that YT video is the highly-respected British journalist - John Pilger.

Pilger did some good presentations on regime-change operations by the CIA, but he is a far-leftist. 

I find it puzzling how many who documented abuses of the West - both from a right and left perspective - somehow take the brutal, kleptocratic CCP's side, now.  The hypocrisy makes me question all they said before.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Pilger did some good presentations on regime-change operations by the CIA, but he is a far-leftist. 

So the abuse, ongoing suffering and obliteration of the Marshalls and their people is just far leftist narrative and ok by you then? Rightio......

• Like 2