Video: Four seriously injured in collision at Korat accident blackspot

webfact

Video: Four seriously injured in collision at Korat accident blackspot

9pm.jpg

video screenshot

Dash cam footage showed the moment a white car travelling at high speed swerved after overtaking and collided with a black pick-up coming in the other direction.

The pick-up ended in the undergrowth with the innocent driver in a grievous condition. 

Three occupants of the white car were also severely injured. 

The accident happened on the Prathai - Khong Road in Non Daeng district heading towards Nakhon Ratchasima.

It was just 2 kilometers from the Non Daeng Hospital. 

Netizens who commented in droves generally blamed speeding.

Thai Rath - in a sub-titled commentary showing the smash on loop - said that the white car driver was probably not familiar with the road that bottlenecks at that point with four lanes being reduced to two. 

They said it was a blackspot where there are frequent accidents. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-26

Truck is in slow lane. I'm in quick lane ready to overtake him. Crazy car comes from behind, rushes through narrowing gap between me and truck. This happens all the times. And always scares <deleted> out of me.  Same type of guy as in video.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

So its the roads fault again? Nothing to do with the "see a gap and go for it mentality" ?

Plus, the road markings are a great clue, but when Thai drivers see these markings, they think they are soooo pretty. That's about the extent of what they understand them to be!  ????

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Netizens who commented in droves generally blamed speeding.

I have lived here since '99 and I fully understand that all countries have their pros and cons. The main problem that I have observed is that all Netizens complain on Facebook or Line and then turn right around and drive the same way. I live in an an fairly isolated location in Phitsanulok province and every day, I see idiots behind the wheel like the once shown below passing on a bridge...

passing 10.jpg

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What I can't understand is why the video has been edited to show the accident seven times?

To try to get the message through to incompetent suicide jockeys, though I have my doubts that 7 times is enough !!!

3 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

What has this to do with Korat accident hotspot.

This was just a braindead fool who doesn't belong in a car or on any road...

no no! Blackspot. I don´t have a clue what that is. Maybe it´s much darker there, are people suddenly goes blind like this driver must have done.

5 hours ago, kotsak said:

No comment.. 

*facepalm*

If you are a driver, no matter what the road does, you should be aware, sadly here people ONLY learn to pass a test NOT TO drive and concentrate on what they are doing . 

2 hours ago, mr_lob said:

just hopeless. One thing i really don't miss about living in Thailand is the driving. Always on guard, checking mirrors for idiots

And if you spend too much time looking in the mirrors for Idiots there won't be any time left for looking where you are going and all the other Idiots in front of you !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

To try to get the message through to incompetent suicide jockeys, though I have my doubts that 7 times is enough !!!

It's never enough; we have a family member; 19 years old, completely crazy on the road and thinks he is indestructible, so i showed him a few movies of accidents in Thailand.  He just laughed and said he was a great driver and it would never happen to him.   That's the mindset; it's always going to happen to someone else and never them !

28 minutes ago, digger70 said:
4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

What I can't understand is why the video has been edited to show the accident seven times?

Why you may ask, so you can  see what a stupid driver does.

They must be stupid, they keep making the same mistake six more times.

8 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

And if you spend too much time looking in the mirrors for Idiots there won't be any time left for looking where you are going and all the other Idiots in front of you !

Yes, a few times I've been paying too much attention to what's happening behind and something got busy in front..lucky my "superhuman" reflexes saved the day ????

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes, a few times I've been paying too much attention to what's happening behind and something got busy in front..lucky my "superhuman" reflexes saved the day ????

According the DLT video test:

Q: How often should you check your rear view mirror? A: Every 4-8 seconds!

4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

According the DLT video test:

Q: How often should you check your rear view mirror? A: Every 4-8 seconds!

Nowadays I only really check if I'm changing lanes,thinking of overtaking or stopping, the rest of the time I'm fully focussed on the "idiots" in front.