Texas bar owners reel as governor orders them closed again, COVID-19 cases spike

rooster59

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Actually a type of respirator, an N95 mask offers more protection than a surgical mask does because it can filter out both large and small particles when the wearer inhales. As the name indicates, the mask is designed to block 95% of very small particles. Some N95 masks have valves that make them easier to breathe through. With this type of mask, unfiltered air is released when the wearer exhales.

Not much use if a mask should help to spread infection,kind of contradicts the use of masks in the first place.

The fact is, Americans are unhealthy, obese, diabetic, insulin resistant and stubborn.  These are the people that covid will affect, besides the elderly and immuno deficient.  If these unhealthy people would consider a healthier lifestyle, there wouldn't be an issue.  Stats have shown and proven this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Have you seen the street/park parties in the UK and the Liverpool fans celebrating? Zero social distancing and police scared to do anything. I'm pretty sure the same is going on in the USA too.

Have you seen the beaches in Thailand today?Four days of holidays coming,we will find out soon enough wether there still is covid here or not.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Fox News

Donald Trump admitted Friday that his opponent Joe Biden may be elected president in November.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-says-joe-biden-030216010.html

???? I can certainly understand people not liking Trump, but Biden, may goodness you must be desperate to be pleased about a geriatric chap who seems to like young people, though great family man certainly makes sure his they are well taken care off financially, surely you must have higher expectations that that rather "dodgy" chap ???? 

Or is that a "conspiracy" also? ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, johnpetersen said:

Are you saying that Americans have some sort of disability that prevents them from using masks properly? A disability that doesn't seem to effect the Japanese and Thais.  Do you have any epidemiological evidence to support your contention that masks aren't working in America in places where their use is widespread?

I am saying the average person not trained in a medical setting doesn't use them properly. I am saying many people won't use a mask. I am saying all the name calling in the world won't change this. I am saying this is the reality. I am saying many young people simply don't care. But I know for sure just going out by what I see that people don't wear and use masks properly. I am writing my opinion on a forum not a medical journal as such my opinion is enough with no further evidence.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

America has been doing EXACTLY the right thing.

What a victory to be able to claim 25% of the world's cases and deaths even though you only make up 4% of the world's population.

Cheers, Amerikan exceptionalism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Not much use if a mask should help to spread infection,kind of contradicts the use of masks in the first place.

It is essentially the same for others surrounding you in terms of transfer. With a cloth mask much in the way of aerosol is released if you cough or sneeze. Droplets are contained. Same with the N95. Biggest difference is the person wearing the mask has infinitely more protection. 

15 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I am saying the average person not trained in a medical setting doesn't use them properly. I am saying many people won't use a mask. I am saying all the name calling in the world won't change this. I am saying this is the reality. I am saying many young people simply don't care. But I know for sure just going out by what I see that people don't wear and use masks properly. I am writing my opinion on a forum not a medical journal as such my opinion is enough with no further evidence.

Are Asians trained in a medical setting? Does using masks improperly mean that they offer no benefit? And of course the reason that many of those people in the USA won't wear a mask is that a certain prominent political figure has made it a point not to wear them publicly except on very rare occasions. So now the wearing of masks has become politicized.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Are Asians trained in a medical setting? Does using masks improperly mean that they offer no benefit? And of course the reason that many of those people in the USA won't wear a mask is that a certain prominent political figure has made it a point not to wear them publicly except on very rare occasions. So now the wearing of masks has become politicized.

It being politicized is also another problem. making demands that people wear masks is a problem. You want somebody to comply with you try asking nicely. Excuse me could you put that cigarette out? It is bothering my kid. Compared to "Put that filthy cig out you killer!"

The libs come off so coarse and vehement about any position they take that they many times draw no further response than spitefulness. You can mention the President and that's fair game. However the libs at some point might take a look at themselves and why people don't react well to their demands. Next time try saying pretty please with sugar on top. 

Another example is the riots with many people not having masks and taking them off for smoke and tear gas and heat etc. The masks are a band aid not a solution. As far as Thailand nothing has me convinced there aren't other factors in play. 

But if you don't like the USA this should come as a great delight to you anyway. I bit like worrying about if Trump is taking the wrong medicine. Why so worried about a guy you wish would drop dead?

So now that I have heard all of your concerns about masks I have made the decision to throw mine out. I have the antibody anyway. Deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It being politicized is also another problem. making demands that people wear masks is a problem. You want somebody to comply with you try asking nicely. Excuse me could you put that cigarette out? It is bothering my kid. Compared to "Put that filthy cig out you killer!"

The libs come off so coarse and vehement about any position they take that they many times draw no further response than spitefulness. You can mention the President and that's fair game. However the libs at some point might take a look at themselves and why people don't react well to their demands. Next time try saying pretty please with sugar on top. 

Another example is the riots with many people not having masks and taking them off for smoke and tear gas and heat etc. The masks are a band aid not a solution. As far as Thailand nothing has me convinced there aren't other factors in play. 

But if you don't like the USA this should come as a great delight to you anyway. I bit like worrying about if Trump is taking the wrong medicine. Why so worried about a guy you wish would drop dead?

So now that I have heard all of your concerns about masks I have made the decision to throw mine out. I have the antibody anyway. Deal with it.

Yes. Making demands on people during a national emergency is just so rude. And of course you're evading that fact that the President Trump has rejected the advice of his own Task Force. And you're evading the fact that Trump hasn't even tried to make the case to Americans about why they should wear a mask. 

So criticizing the foolishness and selfishness of not wearing masks and criticizing President Trump for not promoting this practice means I hate the USA? Because I don't want Americans to die? I didn't know that a death wish is an essential part of being a patriotic American and that trying to thwart it is the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Yes. Making demands on people during a national emergency is just so rude. And of course you're evading that fact that the President Trump has rejected the advice of his own Task Force. And you're evading the fact that Trump hasn't even tried to make the case to Americans about why they should wear a mask. 

So criticizing the foolishness and selfishness of not wearing masks and criticizing President Trump for not promoting this practice means I hate the USA? Because I don't want Americans to die? I didn't know that a death wish is an essential part of being a patriotic American and that trying to thwart it is the opposite.

The subject wasn't Trump so it is irrelevant. Anyway you do you. I will do what I want. I am beginning to feel like Bristolboy is in this room.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

This discussion isn't about you. It's about patriotism. Real patriotism. Real patriots make sacrifices for their fellow citizens. Real patriots want to help to protect their fellow citizens. Real patriots want to defeat something that is endangering the nation. And part of that means wearing a mask. Such a tiny sacrifice to make. Such a small discomfort to endure. Virtually all Thais are managing to do it.. But it's just too much for so many spoiled and petulant me me me Americans.

It's this sort of self righteousness that makes people not listen. That you even have the gonads to presume to have the credentials to tell me what a patriot is. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1