Texas bar owners reel as governor orders them closed again, COVID-19 cases spike

rooster59

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Of course there are other factors in play , but wearing a mask with help stop infected people from passing the virus on to others 

So long as it is voluntary. Any attempt to make a federal measure to make it mandatory should Biden win will not go well. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

So long as it is voluntary. Any attempt to make a federal measure to make it mandatory should Biden win will not go well. 

Anyone found to  be infected with the virus and who doesnt wear a mask, should be charged with attempted murder 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

You would be carrying a deadly disease and you would deliberately be infecting other people and some may die .

I suppose that the charges could be dropped to attempted manslaughter 

You know you and anyone could be a carrier of of a deadly disease, could be potential rapeist, murderer, child molester, run someone down with your car and be the cause of someone commuting suicide from you looking at then funny.

You want every single human being 24)7 forever to wear a facemask....and also body suite (as deadly diseases could be on your skin also. 

Cannot be deliberately infecting people if you don't know you have it., And even if you get covid 19 it's hardly a deadly disease...unless you are very elderly and infirm with serious medical conditions would die anyway within a year or so. 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/27/2020 at 7:44 AM, Yinn said:

Corona in USA since Febuary.

5 months later decide to wear mask? 

No, the coronavirus is coming back because stupid.

Annoying me. 

The virus is problem for the world. If ALL countrys help together it will go more quickly. 

But some countrys protest about statues and want “open” before control it, not wear mask, not social distance, fight left and right, NOT control it =Thai people suffer.

selfish people in selfish countrys. 

Millions people lose money. Close the business. Martinez want to open for make money. Not care social distancing, not care spread and die, only care her money.

They lie and say it improving. But is not true.

It's got <deleted> all to do with wearing a mask. If you want to blame anyone for the suffering of Thai people (you got off lightly btw, even though thousands have died there), please BLAME CHINA!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jak2002003 said:

You know you and anyone could be a carrier of of a deadly disease, could be potential rapeist, murderer, child molester, run someone down with your car and be the cause of someone commuting suicide from you looking at then funny.

You want every single human being 24)7 forever to wear a facemask....and also body suite (as deadly diseases could be on your skin also. 

Cannot be deliberately infecting people if you don't know you have it., And even if you get covid 19 it's hardly a deadly disease...unless you are very elderly and inform with serious medical conditions would die anyway withing a year or so. 

But you can be criminally negligent although I doubt such a charge could stick in a court of law.

And stop making things up. No said anyone had to wear a mask forever.

And stop making up factoids like Covid is only deadly for elderly people with serious medical conditions who would die within a year or so. This is untrue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Do cases matter, or does actual hospital icu's being overwhelmed and deaths start skyrocketing matter? 

Who cares how many cases there are if the strain is now a lot less harmful then before? Everything I've been reading from reputable sources say this is now a lot less virulent then it was back in Feb-Mar.  Just keep the elderly and unhealthy tucked away.  Eventually this will go the way of SARS and MERS and die out.

Media loves to keep stoking the fear fire as it works and gets them that extra bit of ad revenue from extra clicks and extra views.

Brilliant 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Cannot be deliberately infecting people if you don't know you have it., And even if you get covid 19 it's hardly a deadly disease...unless you are very elderly and infirm with serious medical conditions would die anyway within a year or so. 

No, I do think that everyone should wear a facemask when in close proximity to other people and they should continue doing so until theres a vaccine or the virus has been eradicated .

• Like 2

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

It's got <deleted> all to do with wearing a mask. If you want to blame anyone for the suffering of Thai people (you got off lightly btw, even though thousands have died there), please BLAME CHINA!!!

China is where the virus originates from , although individual people are responsible for spreading the virus because they dont take simple precautions 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

It seems mostly the young people simply don't care. I would even go as far to say that they resent the boomers so much they don't give a rat's ass about contaminating them. The other thing is the clock is still ticking. That guberment money is about to run out. When that happens there will be no choice but to go out. 

You blame them?  Boomers were born into a prosperous country full of opportunity.  We went to school for peanuts, leaving college with virtually no debt.  Today’s kids are born already $130K in debt (making the biblical original sin pale by comparison).  They’re going to be another $100K in debt to get a degree that will take them years to pay off- if they can even find jobs that have been shipped off to India and China by Boomers.

And now, those same Boomers who have left that shameful legacy are basically saying “I’m alright Jack”, because they’re retired.  Their nestegg is in (or it’s not, but whose fault is that?)  While at the same time asking youngsters to put their economic future on hold because Boomers are at higher risk.

I don’t blame ‘em for giving us the finger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

It being politicized is also another problem. making demands that people wear masks is a problem. You want somebody to comply with you try asking nicely. Excuse me could you put that cigarette out? It is bothering my kid. Compared to "Put that filthy cig out you killer!"

The libs come off so coarse and vehement about any position they take that they many times draw no further response than spitefulness. You can mention the President and that's fair game. However the libs at some point might take a look at themselves and why people don't react well to their demands. Next time try saying pretty please with sugar on top. 

Another example is the riots with many people not having masks and taking them off for smoke and tear gas and heat etc. The masks are a band aid not a solution. As far as Thailand nothing has me convinced there aren't other factors in play. 

But if you don't like the USA this should come as a great delight to you anyway. I bit like worrying about if Trump is taking the wrong medicine. Why so worried about a guy you wish would drop dead?

So now that I have heard all of your concerns about masks I have made the decision to throw mine out. I have the antibody anyway. Deal with it.

Who cares about people who don't have the antibody!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

It seems mostly the young people simply don't care. I would even go as far to say that they resent the boomers so much they don't give a rat's ass about contaminating them. The other thing is the clock is still ticking. That guberment money is about to run out. When that happens there will be no choice but to go out. 

As far as masks go. I think they do prevent transmission but are also ineffective. You go in the supermarket and you see a family one person doesn't have their nose covered, two of the kids aren't wearing theirs because it's hot or whatever. Nobody uses the masks properly and if one part of the family unit brings it home it doesn't matter the rest will get it.

And again many people simply don't care. As others have said though the death count isn't high in these places. So you can look at 40,000 new cases with minimal amounts of deaths as 40,000 people with antibodies now.

The elderly especially the ones with steady checks every month seem the most concerned. They seem to have a disconnect that not everybody is going to be able to stay in forever. They also seem to not think about the fact they are going to need people to go back to work if they hope the checks to keep coming. 

At the end of the day you can argue about masks but people are unable to use them properly or unwilling. This is a fact you have to work with. You are never going to get full compliance no matter how hard you beg. It seems soon there won't be any police around to issue citations anyway. 

How many people follow the guidelines now as compared to in the beginning.

I watched several mask instructions in how to properly put one on and off!

Nobody follows these ,especially the kids! 

The key to not getting infected is to clean your hands and keep them away from your face !

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

You blame them?  Boomers were born into a prosperous country full of opportunity.  We went to school for peanuts, leaving college with virtually no debt.  Today’s kids are born already $130K in debt (making the biblical original sin pale by comparison).  They’re going to be another $100K in debt to get a degree that will take them years to pay off- if they can even find jobs that have been shipped off to India and China by Boomers.

And now, those same Boomers who have left that shameful legacy are basically saying “I’m alright Jack”, because they’re retired.  Their nestegg is in (or it’s not, but whose fault is that?)  While at the same time asking youngsters to put their economic future on hold because Boomers are at higher risk.

I don’t blame ‘em for giving us the finger.

Hey, intra generational wealth transfer at its finest. The GOP is obviously in full gung-ho support of such a strategy. So efficient and heartless. 

It will at least help cover up the fact that today’s generation in the US will be the first to have a lower standard of living than their parents. 

13 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Just let everybody get Covid-19 and be done with it. Accept that their will be some people with compromised immune systems that are going to die. Mother Nature needs to do a cull once in a while, that's life. What happens if 1% of Texas's already sickly people pass away sooner rather than later? The citizens can not take this type of cure, they'll be even more deaths because of shutting the economy off.

Reminiscent of the words spoken by the hand of a king in Europe circa 1400?

Or Monty Python, "Bring out your dead, bring out your dead".

• Haha 1

No doubt wearing a mask can help prevent Wuhan virus contamination in densely packed areas.  But for more protection wearing glasses especially wrap around glasses can help.  And maybe the face shield works better-though I don’t know enough about it.

21 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

No doubt wearing a mask can help prevent Wuhan virus contamination in densely packed areas.  But for more protection wearing glasses especially wrap around glasses can help.  And maybe the face shield works better-though I don’t know enough about it.

My eight year old starts school tomorrow and is required to wear the face shield but not a mask. I had read recently that without including the mask the shield is not effective. But like you I don't know enough.

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Brilliant! I think this thread is missing the most important point. Wearing a mask though is clearly an IQ test. Fitting a respirator instead, is a poor alternative, always. Contact tracing is why we in Thailand, thanks to this Government beat this pandemic.. Thailand had the first case outside of China and any entry's were all getting tested. They did a fantastic job of guaranteeing the possible contacts. The big exception was that one person who did not conform and went ahead with the boxing match.

Nope...sorry!

They didn't do a good job and they still just do nothing but a dog  pony show!

The tracing is non- existant!

They randomly take names or mobile numbers, but without time of entrance or exit at 7eleven, for example...but do nothing anywhere close to that at family mart.

They did the whole shabang at foiodland, last week...yesterday they only checked temperature and that was it!

And I don't believe their numbers for a second, becuase common sense tells you, that they can not be true!

16 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Nope...sorry!

They didn't do a good job and they still just do nothing but a dog  pony show!

The tracing is non- existant!

They randomly take names or mobile numbers, but without time of entrance or exit at 7eleven, for example...but do nothing anywhere close to that at family mart.

They did the whole shabang at foiodland, last week...yesterday they only checked temperature and that was it!

And I don't believe their numbers for a second, becuase common sense tells you, that they can not be true!

Actually, given the huge importance masks play, it can be believed. And if it werent' true, the hospitals would be overrun with Covid patients. And they're not.

• Like 1