Applying for Certificate of Entry and visa

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m assuming these certificates are to be shown to someone upon check-in at the airport - But Who? Airline Check-in staff? How are they qualified to recognise the real thing from a fake document someone made up at home?

Probably the same as with the current repatriation flights.

There're designated people managing the paperwork on departure.

I don't know who they are. Local embassy/consulate staff?

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m assuming these certificates are to be shown to someone upon check-in at the airport - But Who? Airline Check-in staff? How are they qualified to recognise the real thing from a fake document someone made up at home?

Good forgeries have a decent chance of working. These will not be forgery proof documents. However, it would only take one phone call to detect a fake, and get you a lifetime ban from entering Thailand.

49 minutes ago, unheard said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Probably the same as with the current repatriation flights.

There're designated people managing the paperwork on departure.

I don't know who they are. Local embassy/consulate staff?

Thats what I would have thought... However..... 

The Thai Repatriation system (currently ongoing) is somewhat different to the process for non Thai’s. 

Thai’s have to apply to the Embassy, receive approval to fly and and a Thai Airways flight they can travel on. 

The contact Thai Airways (phone) to purchase the flight. Arrive at the Airport - upon Check-in there are ‘official staff’ (Embassy staff?) there to check their documents: Fit to Fly certificate. Note no Covid-19 Free certificate was required (a month ago anyway). The Thai traveller is then allocated state quarantine on arrival (if they have not booked ASQ).

(This is the information I have of a friend who travelled back last month).

Foreigners, on the other hand, are having to jump through a few more hoops: 

Firstly the are having to book their own flights - it seems with which ever airline one can get on. 

Thai Airways are not accepting online bookings until 1st August.

Eva Air are not accepting online bookings until 1st August.

Emirates are accepting Online Bookings from 13th July. 

Thus: Is someone (official) going to be at every check-in counter? - Emirates is a non-direct flight. 

Could Emirates be hedging their bets that they will be able to land?

So much is unclear at the moment. 

I hope things will become more clear with the next announcement.

At the moment we could be booking a flight with an Airline we are not sure will have permission to land or which will be flying.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I am posting my experience with the COE in this Thread:

My last response is #170.  No response back yet on if we need flight and quarantine lodging already paid for to get the COE since the link they gave me for the COE is to the online non-O Certificate online application here in the US.  Will post in aforementioned Thread if I hear anything.

Embassy in WA DC just replied, no confirmed flights or lodging needs to be submitted with the online COE which is part of the Visa application for non-O that you fill out, embassy sends to BKK (probably to see if you have been a bad boy) and once BKK approves it, you then have to upload the required docs and such before the Embassy actually issues you the COE.  Here is the actual e-mail response:

No. The document ASQ and, confirmed air ticket, and a health certificate will be required to upload when the Embassy / Consulates-General inform the approval of COE from Thailand.  
First, you need to apply for a visa and COE and once you know for sure that you get approved, we will inform you and you will need to upload these documents later.

Best Regards,

---

Consular Office,
Royal Thai Embassy,
2300 Kalorama Rd., N. W.,
Washington, DC 20008.
Fax - (202) 459-9536
Tel - (202) 684-8493

• Thanks 2

It's been just announced that even more foreigners will be allowed in starting July 1st

I don't know how could they handle the numbers without opening up the skies to the foreign airlines!!!

No official announcement on the airlines yet.

Edited by unheard

Hi...

I don't think this has already been covered as I already have a visa and re-entry permit valid until January 2021.

I am a WP holder whose flight back to UK was cancelled in March and am only now about to go back for urgent family business.

I'd really appreciate knowing if anyone in similar circumstances has successfully managed a return to Thailand after a UK visit under the new rules - especially the process of getting the medical certificate and insurance and getting the "OK to fly" approval from the UK Thai auhtorities within the time constraints set by the rules.

If anyone can also advise how they got the health sertificate and which insurance company they used that would be a bonus.

Many thanks in anticipation of any assistance.