Farang Women

Begs

Please read by point no.5 again...

why should I be 'bitter' to (all) women?

I am married to a Japanese woman since 1976 now almost 28 years....

You said, you were happy, married 13 years to a foreign woman.....(this means foreign woman by the way? white? Latino? black? American? European? or whoever?)

why did you separate? Or are you widower? and so happy and why did you not marry a foreign woman again? Why did you prefer a Thai woman to follow up?

Your piont no 5 mearly states "5- Out of my own personal bad experiences I do not recommend any relationship with a Western woman, especially from Europe. This does not mean, that I hate all women. Sorry! This is my opinion. Other people might have another opinion" I asked "did somethnig happen", sorry I should have writen "what happened" I also did'nt say that you were bitter to all women.

Falang does'nt mean "foreign woman" Falang usually apply's to white American or European's , and the thread is called Falang women. how did you fare with them.

Anyway she was White and Brithish(as am I), and she died in a car crash, we did'nt have any children.

I did'nt prefer a thai woman, i did'nt activley consider her nationality, I was'nt activley looking for a new wife, maybe if I was living in Britian I would have married a British lady, if I'd met one. As I was living in Thailand there were not that many her to meet!!

Did you activly try to marry a Japanese or did you just meet and things progressed from there?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RandomChances,

My life was different, I do not remember any woman, who was kind to me when I was a child, as long as I can think back...maybe 4 years old, my little savings as a young man were quickly gone for some stupid efforts to look for an European girlfriend with the idea for a marriage. - Result=zero - I will never recommend to anybody a serious search for a wife in Europe. For me it was a time-waste and money-waste of 6 years.

I was working in a travel agency, and had many overseas contacts. Checking it out I found Asian women more patient and friendly towards me personally, more understanding to the man and HIS feelings, and by far less materialistic and much more interested into marriage and very kind to children.......

My first serious girl-friend was a Chinese from Malaysia, the next I met, was a beautiful actress from SingaporeTV, the next was a Japanese girl (my wife) working in an overseas company in Germany - seems I made the right decision..

Johann

Checking it out I found Asian women more patient and friendly towards me personally, more understanding to the man and HIS feelings

I agree on this one.

In general the emotional intelligence of the Asian girls is higher than their farang counterpart.

But it is changing fast and differences in between "young" girls in Asia and in the western world are not as big as it was only a few years back,...

and by far less materialistic and much more interested into marriage and very kind to children.......

On this one I totally disagree.

Interested in marriage, children and security, sure. No difference with farang girls.

Less materialistic?

It is a joke, isn't it?

Johann

Glad you found somone who was right for you, personaly I think it is the woman that counts, and not what country she comes from or what she does/did, if you can make each other happy thats what matters.

I feel sorry for those people who have had bad experiances with women here, but you know the one about man having two brains!! you have to know which to use and when.

Any one that knows please let me know!!!

Met a Thai girl the same night who despite being well over the limit, drove me home in her Honda Civic only to tell me that she liked me but she didn't want to get involved with me because all English men were bad.

She invited herself to stay the night in my room (fully clothed I might add) and made me smoke on my balcony. This morning she asked me for 100bht for gasoline and told me I was bad (because I was English) before kissing me on the cheek and leaving.

Your fault, why was she still in her clothes in the morning?

You should have given her the 100Bt, plus a tip for entertaining you. :D

I said it before: You are too nice for your own good, Gentleman S. :o

Less materialistic?

It is a joke, isn't it?

Bluecat, it is not a joke.

I am talking about when I was living in Europe, looking for a wife 1970-1975....And I am talking about Asian girls...not only Thai girls....

Maybe in Europe much might be different now, I moved 1980 and never came back anymore, now cheap girls from the East forcing the Western girls for some 'discount'.

I am not so sure about what you say, however.

European girls are less materialistic compared to Asian girls?

Daughters usually are learning it from their mothers, and all European laws are on their side.

While all these many girls in Europe are so nice and modest, why are all these Caucasian men coming into Thailand and pay so much for short-time-sex or marriage?.....Strange world....

Johann

Begs, this question is long overdue as I read every day from different forums that the general theme, so it sems to me, is that every Thai Person (male or female ) is basically taking you for what they can get!

And I wonder, why don't these people p1ss off back to where they came from.

Well all I can say is that I have been totally raped by my Ex wife back in good old England, and, my opinion is that Thai people will ask "Can you send my parents some money as they are very poor"!!! I think this is essentially true and they will not go for the kill! as my ex did in England!!! I do have a Thai wife and a baby, therefore people may think I am biased, whatever!

All I can say is that, play the game, don't just throw money at over friendly femails, have a bit of common sense and just be honourable. In my opinion for what it's worth, just do what you would do in your own country and have respect, for everyone.

Be happy.

it sems to me, is that every Thai Person (male or female ) is basically taking you for what they can get!

And I wonder, why don't these people p1ss off back to where they came from.

ChiangmaiJim, there are various foreigners here in Thailand:

cat. 1- A man, who has a job in Thailand, sent in by his company, married to a foreign woman, children for international school and bringing his furniture with him. Such people will stay for some years only, no connection to ordinary Thai people and they have all and everything and if something is missing, they will complain that it is better in Europe or in the USA.

(These bad foreigners and these bad Thai bargirls)

cat. 2- A man, who lost everything, divorce, problems with jobs, broken family life, often not his fault, disappointed - moving into Thailand, finds everything better for him, and will defend the local situation - their family life is often among the locals, and they are sceptical about from where they are coming from. Often married to Thais.

(These bad foreign women and these good Thai bargirls)

cat. 3- A foreign woman, single or married or divorced, who has a fairly good life, and does not understand, men are complaining. Often financially very good-off by her foreign husband....

(foreign bad men with poor Thai bargirls)

and so on... still some more definitions possible...

Some are complaining about Thailand, some are complaining about the countries from where they are coming from.

About me, I am cat.2 -

Johann

"and so on... still some more definitions possible..."

One might want to add one or two cat. that involve Thai women who are not bargirls, if one thought your list made any sense at all.

But this thread is about one's relationship with farang women, which for you is distant memory. It's bedtime.

i wish her good luck for the future and praise the day that she left me for another man (a friend).

i have no hard feelings whatsoever because i'm so thankful for what i have now. :o

I was married in Ireland for 14 years, Ireland, a strong catholic country that just allowed divorce in the last 6 years, and it takes a minimum of 4 years to get a divorce.

HISTORY,…… see Daves quote

The main difference I notice between Thai and European women is Thai women want to support their husband in his career to offer better life for his family. European women want to have independent career of husband, this results in 2 people seeking to fulfil 2 opposing goals… some one has to loose!!

Have a Happy...

Dedanan

"and so on... still some more definitions possible..."

One might want to add one or two cat. that involve Thai women who are not bargirls, if one thought your list made any sense at all.

But this thread is about one's relationship with farang women, which for you is distant memory. It's bedtime.

STROLL, again following me, you troll (re-born natee1 and natee2):

We are talking here about foreigners, their problems, and the relation between foreign men and foreign women in Thailand....

Are Thai women, who are not bargirls, foreigners?

What means my distant memory by the way...

I am sorry for you, maybe make a new thread..only for you...you deserve it

cat. 2- A man, who lost everything, divorce, problems with jobs, broken family life, often not his fault, disappointed - moving into Thailand, finds everything better for him, and will defend the local situation - their family life is often among the locals, and they are sceptical about from where they are coming from. Often married to Thais.

(These bad foreign women and these good Thai bargirls)

Some are complaining about Thailand, some are complaining about the countries from where they are coming from.

About me, I am cat.2 -

Johann

I thought you lived in Japan :o

Some interesting posts.............

Personally i was married to an English girl, and a French girl in my Euro days.

The English girl certainly did not work out at all, i was only 18 and was in no way prepared for marriage.

The French girl was great, i still love her, and i take the blame for the demise of our marriage, even after 13 years being divorced we still communicate and have no bad feelings towards each other.

Now i am with a Thai woman, and if i made the same mistakes as i made in my second marriage, i would not expect it to last long.

What i am trying to say is, many marriages or unions fail in Thailand due to the man, yet all i seem to see is threads saying that the women are bad. It is in no way a thread to have a go at any woman, in fact it is a thread aimed at men taking responsibility for their own actions and decisions.

I thought you lived in Japan

I'm a Japanese permanent resident up to the end of my life, independent visastatus not related to my Japanese wife. This visastatus will not be lost, even when living out of Japan for years.

I own the typical little Thai share-company, Thai local bank-account, motor-scooter, and condominium in Thailand - and buying next month another condominium (for rent to others) to have some additional income in Thailand.

We came back from Thailand in April, will be again in Thailand middle of July for 6 weeks, wife and me quite ready for 50-50 retirement (work a bit, rest a bit in Japan and Thailand).... our children grown up, and we have no obligations here in Japan anymore.

It is easy to move between Japan and Thailand, 6 hours by airplane and not expensive (return flight approx. EURO 430,-)....and I am visiting Thailand since almost 30 year.

Johann

"STROLL, again following me, you troll (re-born natee1 and natee2):

What means my distant memory by the way..."

I am talking about when I was living in Europe, looking for a wife 1970-1975....

Johann

See quote above. 29-34 years in a man's life classifies as distant memory.

MAYBE things have changed, or are not the way you remember. :o

Less materialistic?

It is a joke, isn't it?

Bluecat, it is not a joke.

I am talking about when I was living in Europe, looking for a wife 1970-1975....And I am talking about Asian girls...not only Thai girls....

I was talking about Japanese girls also.

I posted it before but I read a survey made amongst Japanese women regarding what they were considering were the most important "qualities" in men they wanted to marry or married:

1. More than 60% of them: money

2. Career

I do not remember at what position was "love" or looks.

Does not matter.

Not materialistic?

So how do we call them? Down to earth?

I can't find the survey anymore.

But anyway with a little search on the internet:

During the "bubble" economy of the 1980s, women got choosier but remained more pragmatic than romantic in picking a mate. They still defined a good catch as a man with the "three highs": higher education, high income and height. Now young women who can support themselves have added even tougher criteria for Mr. Right. Chikako Ogura of Aichi Shukutoku University says the new standard is the "three Cs": financially comfortable, emotionally communicative and cooperative in housework and childcare.

I finally found the right adjective.

They are not materialistic, they are pragmatic,... :o

I finally found the right adjective.

They are not materialistic, they are pragmatic,...  :o

Bluecat, I have to admit, you have a fairly good talent to browse through the internet. To pick up a 3 years old article from newspapers-archives, and to pick out of 25 pages text about 5 lines written by a Japanese psychologist and feminist is not easy.

I can't find the survey anymore

No problem, we don't need it in Japan, and in Thailand also not....already enough crazy stuff around here...

Re. Yohan, I accept some of your comments, however I was refering to all these so called farangs who contribute to the forums on a regular basis, and basically criticise their life in Thailand. They must have disasterous relationships back in their home countries, and basically what really pi**es me off is the fact that they spend a lot of time in Thailand, then they complain about everything! ok I complain about the driving, which I think can be forgiven! (or maybe not) However I wonder why they are here when they can go back home and be happy!

Your point No1. They are getting well paid for there efforts, and should just shut up. When in Rome, do as the Romans.

Point No2. If you marry a Thai you have to understand the culture, this is what I think you mean! well this is difficult for most Westerners, I think, its not easy! they are different to say the least, however its your call, they are different to Europeans!

And point No3. I don't understand.

Be Happy Yohan. and please forgive any spellnig mistaks as I've had a dwink.

the simple facts are that Thai girls are just better looking, smarter, sexier, more fun to be with, more independant, less immature in their way of thinking, harder working, less self-obsessed and yes really, even less materialistic than the majority of falang women (not all) who are small minded, greedy and promiscuous and who only care about getting a new pair of shoes, getting drunk or getting a new bloody bathroom fitted and just do not have anything else interesting to talk about... most of the women here in England i'm afraid just do not have any idea of the big wide world outside their own little lives..

And how would you compare Thai women to English girls?

I do not know.

I don't know any English girls.

But I'm sure there are nice ones.

Pity all the nice ones are already taken (please girls, do not criticize the choice of wording, i.e. girls and taken, I know...) :o:D

"Thai girls are just better ..." "...most of the women here in England..."

And how would you compare Thai women to English girls?

Stroll, not only England, but all Europe.....

I compare Europe and Far East Asia...and not only Thai and English....

Bluecat Posted on Tue 2004-06-15, 21:16:44 But I'm sure they are nice ones. Pity all the nice ones are already taken (please girls, do not criticize the choice of wording, i.e. girls and taken, I know...)  

Taken or not taken is a wrong formulation....

You have to line up, kindly offer your prayers and then maybe you might be accepted, but only for a certain while. After that they kick you out. Do not forget your wallet....it might be helpful, to speed up the screening process.

You have to line up, kindly offer your prayers and then maybe you might be accepted

True, Yohan (I want to encourage you to write shorter postings,...).

Girls (women for Polly) always have the last say.

This proves how desperate we are,... :o:D

Ok, boys, still waiting for a woman to post here, they got a bit tired of the jargon, I think, and most of them are boring ordinary folks, not bargirls.

Besides, the topic is about boys' experiences with farang women. :o

Got scared and have some more growing up to do, my guess. :D

Girls (women for Polly) always have the last say.

Bluecat,

Women (including lesbians, feminists or whoever females) have their own place here on this forum, it is called

FARANG GIRLS IN THAILAND and there is only one administrator (Mrs. Boo)

I never look and I never post anything there, because this women gossip is nothing for me, and I respect, they should have their own section for them to talk about their little problems. Undisturbed from men like me!

There is a section called GAY PEOPLE - I am not GAY, I will never post there.

Tell me, where is the section for MEN ?

I think, it is called Farang Pub - fun, food, entertainment and Expat life

If a woman is picking up this part of the forum, she must expect some conversation here, she does not like at all. Why do women like to read that? Why is she complaining?

Shall I also complain in the FARANG GIRL section?

Johann

Polly? Is she a woman, is she real? Nobody knows, he/she is anonymous.

Even STROLL, the troll (formerly natee1 and natee2) was replying to my postings as a woman... now he tells you he/she is living for years with a Thai bargirl.