World Nomads insurance- good or bad?

Guys,

I have seen and read posts by people on TVF who have asked advice about insurance but added a footnote, that they were not interested in World Nomads but nobody gave a reason for this.

I have a policy which covers my stay in Thailand. I do not think it covers Cambodia. It is with Pacific Cross.

I have a bit of unfinished business there and was wondering if I got the basic policy from World Nomads to ensure I had the $50,000 USD cover, would that type of policy suffice? It says it covers for up to 5,000,000 GBP?

Could I use that to satisfy the Cambodian authorities, or even extend it to use for re entry to Thailand as it is in excess of the $100,000 ,Thailand requires? The policy is cheap enough at 135.00 GBP for a month.

I would only be there five days maximum. I am not stupid but all these sudden rules and regulations cropping up recently are a bit confusing and sometimes the thinking gets blurred.

Edited by Scouse123

https://www.americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/safe-travels-international-cost-saver.asp

Check out their low-cost covid-19 insurance.

Simply fill in your nationality, age, type of insurance and period > you will get a matrix table with US $ coverage options (select 100.000 US $) and deductible you want to apply to that coverage.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

https://www.americanvisitorinsurance.com/trawick-international/safe-travels-international-cost-saver.asp

Check out their low-cost covid-19 insurance.

Simply fill in your nationality, age, type of insurance and period > you will get a matrix table with US $ coverage options (select 100.000 US $) and deductible you want to apply to that coverage.

There's a glitch in the matrix. Nationality and age are buffering/stuttering like crazy .......can't enter information. I was curious!!

• Like 1

I ran my specific information several times on the Americanvisitorinsuaance and it came back with coverage for USA only.  I tried putting in not including the USA and it came with no policies.  This website appears to be for those who want coverage for Covid 19 while visiting the USA.  Which does not help me because I am looking for COVID 19 Coverage for $100,000 USD for Thailand. 

Just the name of the website seem to indicate it is intended for visitors to the US?   Or I am wrong?  

• Like 1

I also contacted another major Travel Insurance company and read this in the fine print:  Coverage for Covid 19 will be determined “On a Case by Case Basis.”

This should send sound alarm bells before making a purchase decision.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

There's a glitch in the matrix. Nationality and age are buffering/stuttering like crazy .......can't enter information. I was curious!!

I inputted my data on monday, and encountered no issues.

Attached my post in another thread on Covid-19 insurance.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I ran my specific information several times on the Americanvisitorinsurance and it came back with coverage for USA only.  I tried putting in not including the USA and it came with no policies.  This website appears to be for those who want coverage for Covid 19 while visiting the USA.  Which does not help me because I am looking for COVID 19 Coverage for $100,000 USD for Thailand. 

Just the name of the website seem to indicate it is intended for visitors to the US?   Or I am wrong?  

See my response in the post just above this one.

They also offer policies that cover you for covid-19 outside USA.  Under coverage I opted for international coverage excluding USA and I am a non-US citizen.

• Like 1

"Unfortunately, there’s no coverage for any travel impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) under this policy as it is not designed to cover expenses which are directly or indirectly caused by such an event." -WorldNomads

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I have a policy which covers my stay in Thailand. I do not think it covers Cambodia. It is with Pacific Cross.

Do you mean you have a regular health insurance policy, or just a travel insurance policy, with Pacific Cross.

I have a regular health insurance policy with Pacific Cross, and it certainly covers in other SE Asian countries.  And while there's no Covid specific exclusion in the policy AFAIK, I haven't checked with Pacific Cross lately to see what they're saying about COVID cover in their regular policies.

Usually, the Pacific Cross regular health policies say on the summary sheet, worldwide cover except for a certain list of expensive countries like the U.S.  Cambodia certainly isn't on that exclusion list, at least on my PC policy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

See my response in the post just above this one.

They also offer policies that cover you for covid-19 outside USA.  Under coverage I opted for international coverage excluding USA and I am a non-US citizen.

Hi,

I have just tried everything you said and inputted but when it comes to the last page to buy it, the travel destination says USA and is greyed out to prevent changing it.

The start origin point is fine as in Thailand, but when I want to input Cambodia as destination it does not allow it, it is saying USA and it cannot be changed to any other country.

I did enter the initial details correctly as in non USA and non USA coverage etc

Edited by Scouse123

36 minutes ago, innosiem said:

"Unfortunately, there’s no coverage for any travel impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) under this policy as it is not designed to cover expenses which are directly or indirectly caused by such an event." -WorldNomads

That's correct, WorldNomads does not provide covid-19 coverage in their world-wide travel-policies.

Edited by Peter Denis

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Do you mean you have a regular health insurance policy, or just a travel insurance policy, with Pacific Cross.

I have a regular health insurance policy with Pacific Cross, and it certainly covers in other SE Asian countries.  And while there's no Covid specific exclusion in the policy AFAIK, I haven't checked with Pacific Cross lately to see what they're saying about COVID cover in their regular policies.

Usually, the Pacific Cross regular health policies say on the summary sheet, worldwide cover except for a certain list of expensive countries like the U.S.  Cambodia certainly isn't on that exclusion list, at least on my PC policy.

Hi,

Because of some difficulties friends of mine have had getting into Cambodia, I was looking just for a short insurance specifically for that trip that listed Covid19. One guy was even turned away in Phnom Penn because his UK Covid test said ' Not detected ' as opposed to ' Negative '

Yes, I have the regular policy with Pacific Cross.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Hi,

I have just tried everything you said and inputted but when it comes to the last page to buy it, the travel destination says USA and is greyed out to prevent changing it.

The start POINT is fine as in Thailand, but when I want to input Cambodia as destination it does not allow it.

I did enter the initial details correctly as in non USA and non USA coverage etc

You are correct!

I only checked the automatically generated quote, but indeed when you click 'Buy It' you need to fill in your start destination, which is no problem (can fill in any country).  But the travel destination says USA and is greyed out, so that cannot be changed.

I will check with the company, because I believe this must be a website error when you have the option to click 'international coverage excluding USA'.

>> Sorry for having put you on the wrong foot with this...

• Thanks 1