Best Road From Kamphang Phet to Kanchanaburi?

Dazinoz

Making a Road trip from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi next week. Plan to stay first night in Kamphang Phet the next day to Kanchanaburi.

Google offers me 3 main alternatives from Kamphang Phet to Kanchanaburi.

1. Route 333 then 3086.

2. Route 1 down through Chai Nat

3. Route 32 through Sing Buri.

Which road do you think best? I am not after sightseeing on the way down so the best road for a straight through drive. Probably come back a different way as I will have more time.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Edited by Dazinoz

Route 1 through Chai Nat. Then route 340 to Suphan Buri and 321/324 to Kan:

Tip Chai Nat. Keep a look out for your road signs as at one point you will have to double back on yourself to get to you next road.

There are not to many places to stop off and get food on route, Main towns fine. But it's a good road. And you'll find it the quickest. 

If you want to know of any places to stay in K.P.Phet or where to eat Thai/Western just ask.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Route 1 through Chai Nat. Then route 340 to Suphan Buri and 321/324 to Kan:

Tip Chai Nat. Keep a look out for your road signs as at one point you will have to double back on yourself to get to you next road.

There are not to many places to stop off and get food on route, Main towns fine. But it's a good road. And you'll find it the quickest. 

If you want to know of any places to stay in K.P.Phet or where to eat Thai/Western just ask.

Thanks for that. 

I think thats the road I decided on. I haven't looked at hotels yet in Kamphang Phet but any suggestions welcome. I usually use expedia.

Edited by Dazinoz

27 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Thanks for that. 

I think thats the road I decided on. I haven't looked at hotels yet in Kamphang Phet but any suggestions welcome. I usually use expedia.

Can recommend several depending on what you want to Pay. From 380bht and up. Just let me know your price range.

5 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Can recommend several depending on what you want to Pay. From 380bht and up. Just let me know your price range.

Something clean, has AC and not too far out. Just staying 1 night each way. Say Max 700baht. 

21 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Give me a bit of time I'll pop round and make sure they are still open.

Right they are open. Wasn't sure because of this Rat Flue 19. Please don't ask what it's called I don't read Thai. But it has Air and nice clean rooms. Also easy to find. But you will have to Book. They were full for today when I asked just now. N/B they don't speak English.

Right directions. On the way down from C/M take the left turn off the A1/32 onto 112 at K.P.Phet. Some 150mt down that Soi and it's on the left hand side. I'm not sure if they are doing food. I gathered that due to this R/Flue their restaurant isn't open. But If you want to know where to eat ask. Also if Thai or western you require.

IMGP0001 (8).JPG

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Right they are open. Wasn't sure because of this Rat Flue 19. Please don't ask what it's called I don't read Thai. But it has Air and nice clean rooms. Also easy to find. But you will have to Book. They were full for today when I asked just now. N/B they don't speak English.

Right directions. On the way down from C/M take the left turn off the A1/32 onto 112 at K.P.Phet. Some 150mt down that Soi and it's on the left hand side. I'm not sure if they are doing food. I gathered that due to this R/Flue their restaurant isn't open. But If you want to know where to eat ask. Also if Thai or western you require.

IMGP0001 (8).JPG

As usual TVF is playing up and wont let me edit. But they do have a fridge in reception that has beer/soft drinks and I'm shore coffee and the likes are available.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, moe666 said:

Did you go on your trip yet and how did it go.

Yep, got to go and was great. Pretty good trip both ways.

My uncle was a POW and worked on the Thai Burma railway and I did a 3 day personalised tour of the railway and where he worked. It was a very interesting trip.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 6:25 AM, Dazinoz said:

Yep, got to go and was great. Pretty good trip both ways.

My uncle was a POW and worked on the Thai Burma railway and I did a 3 day personalised tour of the railway and where he worked. It was a very interesting trip.

How about some photos.