problems with Thai partner.

8 minutes ago, bodga said:

This  is a  total failure, get  what you want and get out, there is  no solution except to leave, sorry for you but stupidity knows  no  bounds here.

I actually have a fairly similar problem where my one spends too much (in my opinion) on stuff she doesn't need, and maybe what the kids don't need. This annoys me but if she was gambling I could never accept that. Like you say the only answer is to leave, my one won't change, like all of them, so I have to put up with it for now, as I don't think what she does is a 'leaveable' offence lol.

Edited by Keyser Soze666

I have a good job well paid job and played a good game for 10 years in pattaya with the girls before I met her.

Did you meet here in Pattaya? What was her job when you met her?

she just wont stop playing cards for money everyday and obviously she is losing and tell lies to me all the time. I have threatened her with losing me and the money source but it has not worked. I have to leave her and cut the money but I am worried what will happen to my son. 

So, are you saying she's not working at all?

Shut down the ATM, it's the only way. Make sure none of your assets are in her name. The ones that are, negotiate. As you are not married, she has no claim on you. She may be able to claim support for the son, get a good lawyer and custody. Going back to the bars is something a lawyer can use.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 2long said:

My wife plays the lottery too much, and I worry but she won't change.

So does mine...................the first of last month i took her numbers thinking it would keep the money in the household.............and she won, only 3000 baht from 1000 baht stake.............she never ever wins, and blow me down shes just won off me again today another 3k on 2 numbers

Suppose the money is still in the same household.................but will i see any of it or will it be making its way to mama up north?.......................lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

So does mine...................the first of last month i took her numbers thinking it would keep the money in the household.............and she won, only 3000 baht from 1000 baht stake.............she never ever wins, and blow me down shes just won off me again today another 3k on 2 numbers

Suppose the money is still in the same household.................but will i see any of it or will it be making its way to mama up north?.......................lol

But isn't lottery money just peanuts?

I guess she is not working and has no own money but you are giving her pocket money. So let her lose this/her money but don´t give her cash for he household, school, etc. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, harrymcgarry said:

thank you everyone for the input, THE house and car were bought and built for the family (me, her and the child) so its no problem walking away from that its not an issue, she has no credit cards and the bank cards are all in my name and only amounts what I agree to transfer go in, her weekly allowance goes in from my bank every Friday . ( enough to live on with fuel for the car and be fairly comfortable). She was really sensible before and has totally changed to the point that she does not care also I think hormone problems aswell. I am constantly stressed over this situation and if it was not for the boy then I would not have an issue. I would be gone. thanks

So has any of the advice here helped, have you decided what you are going to do yet as clearly this problem aint going away.

It's tough no matter what you decide of course, but if the house and car are paid for I would walk and send her 10k a month and pay the school yourself. yes, I know she will probably gamble the 10k but at least you have tried and done your 'bit' and just hope that she is moralistic enough to make sure her own flesh and blood is alright. She can't be that bad a person, surely?? 

32 minutes ago, innosiem said:

Stop giving her money
Go see a lawyer.

haha .....  correct,  but the problem is that in Thai law the lawyer has his hands tied and cannot do so much. 

He may BS that this can happen then this .... bla ... bla ...  but further down the track his work will be limited because of Thai law.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

But isn't lottery money just peanuts?

Not always.............couple of years back she was ordering her numbers on the phone, then only settling up in part...........consequently she was being charged interest of 10% a month on the debt, until it built up to 100k baht at which point she confessed and i bailed her out...........we havnt had a repeat since (far as i know) thats why i started to take her numbers.............should add we have been together for 20 years

Anyway..........sorry for the off topic post

3 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Not always.............couple of years back she was ordering her numbers on the phone, then only settling up in part...........consequently she was being charged interest of 10% a month on the debt, until it built up to 100k baht at which point she confessed and i bailed her out...........we havnt had a repeat since (far as i know) thats why i started to take her numbers.............should add we have been together for 20 years

Anyway..........sorry for the off topic post

Sure. And not really off topic imo. It's relevant as maybe giving the OP some comfort that his good lady isn't the only one who causes us farangs beef.