This may be useful for some

I haven’t touched a drop of Alcohol since disccovering this, 84 days now,  I’ve got drink in my condo same as I had before but I don’t even think about it, if you listen to this it may we’ll change your life, it has mine, I look at alcohol completely different now and haven’t been in the least bit tempted at all.

Take  your time, even carry on drinking, but listen to it all whilst not drunk, by the end of the video book, you will have a totally different perception alcohol, worked for me anyway.

Hope it can help some who want to stop drinking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i started watching but after 5 minutes i got really bored and had to have another drink.

I have two bottles of Chang in the fridge so that should keep me until 7-11 sells again.

I tried shredding the video with a 'kill it' app .... but it failed. It's giving me a headache.

On 7/3/2020 at 8:07 AM, steven100 said:

i started watching but after 5 minutes i got really bored and had to have another drink.

I have two bottles of Chang in the fridge so that should keep me until 7-11 sells again.

I tried shredding the video with a 'kill it' app .... but it failed. It's giving me a headache.

That’s because you don't want to stop drinking, this is possibly a help to those that do. Sorry it was such an awful experience for you.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 5:21 AM, jastheace said:

ok . i got to 1 hour 20, then had to crack open the liquer cabinet. i hadn't thought about smoking for 15 years until now. what time does the 7/11 open?

shopping list so far is 1 pack lm red and 3 big changs. i've stopped the video in case the list gets longer.

Why would you start smoking again ? 
This is the I drink too much section of the forum, I thought it might help someone who wants to try to stop drinking, obviously you don't so it is irrelevant to you.
Some very strange comments, an attempt at humor maybe, I'm English and we have the best humor in the world, I can't see anything funny in these comments, so I’m just not getting it or you’re drunk whilst posting, either way, it's not for you, but somebody may benefit from it.

Enjoy your beer.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 7:23 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Thanks for sharing...maybe some people will have a similar experience as you did.

Yeah, that was the idea, seems like it was a total waste of time though, but drinkers will use any reason to drink, now they’re blaming the video, seems like problem drinkers looking for another excuse, if that’s the case, this could really help, either way it doesn’t matter to me, just trying to help.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 12:27 PM, Don Chance said:

I wish you all the luck. But i had quit drinking for over a year too but always relapsed. In my experience you need to quit for at least 4 years before your body totally resets.

AA has a low rate of success i understand only 12%. What ever works for you.

AA is said to have a low rate of recovery though there are no statistics kept. There's no AA statistician, and even peoples' names are anonymous. Any statistical reference would be a snapshot in time, otherwise it would have to be untold cumulative lifetimes.

Still, point taken - and I agree that more get drunk again than remain sober for life.

Bill Wilson, AA co-founder, was asked what he'd change in the AA books if he was to do a rewrite. He said he'd change one word;

from 'Rarely' to "'Never' have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path"

In my 35 years that's what I've seen. I've never seen a person drink who works the program thoroughly. Buy that's just an anecdotal, observational thing, not a statistic.

Also, 50% of all statistics are made up...

????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ding said:

AA is said to have a low rate of recovery though there are no statistics kept. There's no AA statistician, and even peoples' names are anonymous. Any statistical reference would be a snapshot in time, otherwise it would have to be untold cumulative lifetimes.

Still, point taken - and I agree that more get drunk again than remain sober for life.

Bill Wilson, AA co-founder, was asked what he'd change in the AA books if he was to do a rewrite. He said he'd change one word;

from 'Rarely' to "'Never' have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path"

In my 35 years that's what I've seen. I've never seen a person drink who works the program thoroughly. Buy that's just an anecdotal, observational thing, not a statistic.

Also, 50% of all statistics are made up...

????

It's a Christian based program so i suspect it is a way to get people into the church. It is faith healing, just believe with others and you will be healed. That is why it fails so much. It works as long as you are in a good mind set but nobody stays in the same mind set forever. So you go to the groups and this brings you up or you call someone else in the group and get some phone support. I guess it works if you can keep up with it for 4 years and eventually reset. Baclofen is much easier.

8 hours ago, Don Chance said:

It's a Christian based program so i suspect it is a way to get people into the church. It is faith healing, just believe with others and you will be healed. That is why it fails so much. It works as long as you are in a good mind set but nobody stays in the same mind set forever. So you go to the groups and this brings you up or you call someone else in the group and get some phone support. I guess it works if you can keep up with it for 4 years and eventually reset. Baclofen is much easier.

AA is Absolutely NOT a Christian based program. Not so, sorry. I don't get adamant about much but had to correct this.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 3:27 AM, Don Chance said:

I wish you all the luck. But i had quit drinking for over a year too but always relapsed. In my experience you need to quit for at least 4 years before your body totally resets.

I guess we can throw out random statistics of success rates so I bet 100% you pulled 12% out of your invisible book of nonsense. I wonder what is the success rate of all universities, starting from anyone whoever signed up to finish. I wonder what is the success rate of all of the gyms around the world, whoever signed up and paid. Should all people not go to school or a gym? What is the point of your statistic?  

5 hours ago, Wilson Smith said:

I guess we can throw out random statistics of success rates so I bet 100% you pulled 12% out of your invisible book of nonsense. I wonder what is the success rate of all universities, starting from anyone whoever signed up to finish. I wonder what is the success rate of all of the gyms around the world, whoever signed up and paid. Should all people not go to school or a gym? What is the point of your statistic?  

The point is that AA is faith healing. It is not a real cure. It is denying that alcoholism is a metabolic disorder. Actually it is not even 12%. It is between 5-10%

It's not only that AA has a 5 to 10 percent success rate; if it was successful and was neutral the rest of the time, we'd say OK. But it's harmful to the 90 percent who don't do well. And it's harmful for several important reasons. One of them is that everyone believes that AA is the right treatment. AA is never wrong, according to AA. If you fail in AA, it's you that's failed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2021 at 3:27 AM, Don Chance said:

AA used to have a 75% success rate, when low bottom alcoholics used to go. It still has a very high success rate for this type of alcoholic. The number has decreased as too many potential alcoholics are sent there when they don't actually want to stop drinking. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 7:35 PM, billd766 said:

I am 76 and have been drinking since I was 16 or 17 but last May after my birthday on 23rd I cut back as I was drinking 2 to 3 bottles of Hong Thong a week.

Large or small bottles?

I drank 2 large Sang Thip a day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Large or small bottles?

I drank 2 large Sang Thip a day.

The normal 750ml bottles from the local grog shop. I used to drink Sang Thip in my younger days but it is no longer available now.

I do have one for my wife or I to drink depending on who pops their clogs first. My wife is 21 years younger than me so she has an unfair advantage over me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The normal 750ml bottles from the local grog shop. I used to drink Sang Thip in my younger days but it is no longer available now.

I think I saw it at Tesco Lotus. I did hear they had stopped selling it too. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

11 Months 4 weeks,  363 days without any Alcohol. 

No desire to drink, no support groups, no will power needed, Amazing what a book can do. 
I never planned to stop drinking it just happened after I had listened to that book on YouTube, when it was taken down I bought the Audiobook from the App Store.

One year sober on Saturday!!

• Like 1