Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thailand is red-lighted in UK for quarantine purposes alongside Brazil, China and US, inexplicable move

webfact

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

But the Chinese managed to spread it into Italy and started off the chain of events which is still unfolding. It only needed a few Chinese to spread it and they did.

Far more likely that business people visiting Wuhan would have been the main carriers which is why it spread so rapidly to the western countries.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sandyf said:

When is a lie not a lie, when the liar interprets "carrying out" as "providing capacity". 

You would need to show me where on your link it confirms that 100K were carried out in one day by the 1st May.

At the beginning of April, Matt Hancock pledged that the UK would be carrying out 100,000 tests for coronavirus by the end of the April.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-the-target-was-for-100000-tests-a-day-to-be-carried-out-not-capacity-to-do-100000-tests

But questions have been raised over how the tests have been counted, with the figure including tens of thousands of home kits which have been delivered, but haven’t yet been returned. The overall total also includes tests dispatched to ‘satellite testing locations’ – such as hospitals that have a particularly urgent need – but does not detail whether the tests have actually been used.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/01/government-accused-fiddling-figures-100000-testing-target-12642188/?ito=cbshare

Nothing at all to do with the post I was responding to and the current situation with testing now.

26 minutes ago, 7fish said:

perhaps they just prefer the old normal to this:

Brilliant! When there's an annoying twerp at the restaurant you can just go and gather some speed and bump them off the place. New normal is looking goooood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nothing at all to do with the post I was responding to and the current situation with testing now.

It’s everything to do with the post you were responding to, you just don’t like being proved wrong ????????????

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

No transparency, no travel!

It's amazing how this virus seems to have demanded a response that takes so much from the 95% and gives so much to the remaining 5%.

• Like 1

It seems strange to me that any of our members have the opinion that by Britain doing a tit for tat response to Thailand by making any Thai National do 14 day quarantine that this will have any effect on thai government.

Do we honestly think that prayut or his ilk worry about any issan wife or girlfriend having to overcome 1 more hurdle to visit Partners or husbands abroad?

No matter which country in the world you choose normal restrictions only apply for non political connected paupers if you have connections and money world welcomes you with open palms sorry mean arms ( Saudi Arabia eg)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

It’s everything to do with the post you were responding to, you just don’t like being proved wrong ????????????

Really?

Here's what you claimed:

"And the UK has lied consistently on testing, got caught doing it over and over again and then stopped releasing test data. They only talk about testing capacity, big deal, they can say have 20 million a day capacity, but if they’re only testing 50k it’s pointless."

Where's your proof to back up this nonsense? Oh laughing does not really cut it as a response.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Oh laughing does not really cut it as a response.

I’m laughing at your pathetic attempts at justification for your nonsensical deflection by telling me what I said over and over. The truth is out there, you just don’t want to believe it because it shows up your silliness. I think it’s time you moved on, don’t you? Nah, you’ll definitely want to have the last word. Go for it, it’s all yours.

1 minute ago, Fairynuff said:

I’m laughing at your pathetic attempts at justification for your nonsensical deflection by telling me what I said over and over. The truth is out there, you just don’t want to believe it because it shows up your silliness. I think it’s time you moved on, don’t you? Nah, you’ll definitely want to have the last word. Go for it, it’s all yours.

The truth is out there.................but you can't find it............thanks for such a credible post. 

33 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

That means that most of the population have or have had the virus already. 

based on what ? your own funky maths lol

Based on sound scientific data from countries that actually bother to measure it should be about 15-20% with a mortality rate around 1% - can you do that maths

37 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Far more likely that business people visiting Wuhan would have been the main carriers which is why it spread so rapidly to the western countries.

Much more serious and complex than that.....

https://www.altnewsmedia.net/news/corona-virus-exclusive-why-italy/

If you don't like this source just plug...Chinese textile mills Northern Italy....into your favorite search engine...and have a read. It's a very sad story.

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Trillian said:

Once again, does doing more tests change the number of deaths!

No !

But it would highlight the number of people that are freely walking about in Society without showing any symptoms, but are Covid +.

No testing = no problem

It is my belief that this is the reason for all the paranoia from the Authorities, and these folk will be the catalyst for a second wave.

Should the Tourist arrive back to LOS, and then become infected, that will be the death nail for Thai Tourism, and that is something the Government cannot tolerate.

34 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I speak English, I know all the words you use, it’s just that when you put them all together..... well it’s just nonsense, pretty much always

Oooh, so you must differ from many other readers, because you have problem understanding when more than one word is put together to a sentence? Am I right?

• Sad 1

Just now, transam said:

Well it would seem the UK Gov knows more about quoted C19 "figures" from around the world than we do...:whistling:

In the words of Johnson and his yes men... “it’s wrong to make international comparisons “. Of course they only stopped making those comparisons at the daily briefings once it was clear Britain had the worst figures in Europe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

......."It's wrong to make international comparisons when other countries are telling porkies", perhaps............???? 

what was it they said in that famous book... “let he who is without sin..........”

1 minute ago, transam said:

......."It's wrong to make international comparisons when other countries are telling porkies", perhaps............???? 

There's no consistency in the way countries have been reporting figures, or attributing causes of deaths.

Until there is, all the figures are just rough guides at best.

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So have you witnessed large numbers of infected people, packed hospitals, mass deaths in Thailand then?

Because I certainly haven't. 

Or perhaps the 78 or so who liked your post have?

Or perhaps you all just can't bring yourselves to admit Thailand handled everything far better than the shambolic UK where the police seem no longer able to enforce the law and politicians think the law doesn't apply to them and their friends in ever growing numbers.

You prefer to think Boris and his collection of star performers in cabinet actually make intelligent decisions, based on secret information they don't reveal but that you all knew all along! Good luck with that!

Oh you great big liberal snowflake you

17 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Oooh, so you must differ from many other readers, because you have problem understanding when more than one word is put together to a sentence? Am I right?

Can you have a one word sentence?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

So have you witnessed large numbers of infected people, packed hospitals, mass deaths in Thailand then?

Because I certainly haven't. 

Or perhaps the 78 or so who liked your post have?

Or perhaps you all just can't bring yourselves to admit Thailand handled everything far better than the shambolic UK where the police seem no longer able to enforce the law and politicians think the law doesn't apply to them and their friends in ever growing numbers.

You prefer to think Boris and his collection of star performers in cabinet actually make intelligent decisions, based on secret information they don't reveal but that you all knew all along! Good luck with that!

Near 10,000 Thai folk die every week, so you know they are all tested for any sign of C19 that may have contributed to their demise 10,000.....?

• Like 2