Worried Thais in UK want to get out urgently, plead for more flights to bring them home

webfact

25 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Why no English report? Hmmmm. Have many report same this since March month. But no report on TVF.

Over 50 000 people have died in the UK from Corona , individual cases are not reported due to the sheer amount of deaths 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Over 50 000 people have died in the UK from Corona , individual cases are not reported due to the sheer amount of deaths 

And I doubt they perform a pm on all of them.

36 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I did mean that we wouldnt get free treatment , like Thais do .

Maybe the Thai in the UK wasnt eligible for free treatment on the NHS , just like we are not eligible for free treatment here, is what I meant 

I am eligible for free treatment in Thailand as I have a work permit, pay my taxes and have a social security number.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, faraday said:

They do, I know they treat falang.

Having lived in Thailand for 14 years I can tell you my wife who is British has ended up in the Thai government hospital on a number of occasions to the tune of 200,000 + baht. Every time she has been admitted I have been asked two questions 

1, Does she have health / accident insurance

2, If no to the first question do you have the funds to pay for the treatment !

we have always been in the position where we could pay and I would have a private room for her however I have met others who were desperately trying to raise money by using sites Go Fund Me in order to pay for treatment there was even a patient from the same area of the U.K. as me who was so desperate I was giving him money every day so he could buy food to his liking as the hospital food was disgusting I took food in every day for my wife.

Edited by crazykopite

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Congratulations and well done to you 

For pointing out you were wrong?

Thanks!

The point was any Thais legally living and/or working in the UK will be eligible for social security and NHS treatment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Having lived in Thailand for 14 years I can tell you my wife who is British has ended up in the Thai government hospital on a number of occasions to the tune of 200,000 + baht. Every time she has been admitted I have been asked two questions 

1, Does she have health / accident insurance

2, If no to the first question do you have the funds to pay for the treatment !

we have always been in the position where we could pay and I would have a private room for her however I have met others who were desperately trying to raise money by using sites Go Fund Me in order to pay for treatment there was even a patient from the same area of the U.K. as me who was so desperate I was giving him money every day so he could buy food to his liking as the hospital food was disgusting I took food in every day for my wife.

One of my elderly felang  friends developed a stomach tumor and the Gov hospital said that he needed an operation immediately to remove it or it would be fatal , he didnt have any money to pay for the operation  and three days later he died 

38 minutes ago, faraday said:

And I doubt they perform a pm on all of them.

They don’t perform any PM as soon as the patient has passed they are placed in a coffin and sealed up no family members are allowed to go near them not even in the funeral home my late fathers partner was one of them it was 20 days wait to have her cremated and only 15 members of family were allowed to attend . You would think the funeral homes would be making a fortune but they are not as they are not embalming  bodies , no funeral cars , no flowers , these conditions might of changed now but this was how it was in April 

Edited by crazykopite

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed that the number of those who registered to return is high, but only two flights (of 600 people) have been allocated for this month and both are already full. He also claimed that other countries in comparison are running 3-4 daily flights.

So how many people have registered to return?

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

For pointing out you were wrong?

Thanks!

The point was any Thais legally living and/or working in the UK will be eligible for social security and NHS treatment.

I didnt mean that you weren't eligible for Thai Gov free hospital treatment , I did mean that foreigners in general were not eligible for free Gov treatment in Thailand  .

Thais in the UK will have to have an indefinite right to remain in the UK to get free NHS treatment , although anything to do with corvid and its free for all

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

One of my elderly felang  friends developed a stomach tumor and the Gov hospital said that he needed an operation immediately to remove it or it would be fatal , he didnt have any money to pay for the operation  and three days later he died 

Was this in Thailand?

What was he doing with no money or insurance in a foreign country?

Another reason why comprehensive health insurance should be mandatory for all retirees upon application for every visa and on annual extension.

However, I am still of the belief that the Thais would have treated him if the condition was life threatening. 

A lot of it comes down to communication too. If you are unable to understand or communicate in the local language then hospital visits and the like will be so much more stressful and the likelihood of misunderstandings will be high.

Sad to say but it is not Thailand's problem to provide free health care to elderly and temporary visitors though, although some fold still seem to think it is...

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, robblok said:

I would worry if i was stuck in the UK second wave is coming. I mean the opened the pubs and everyone went crazy. I seen the pics.. zero social distancing no masks drunks everywhere. 

Then the expats here wonder why the government is enforcing rules on pubs. The UK is a great example of how to mess things up. Maybe the have watched how it went in the US and thought.. we can do worse ????

Got plenty of idiots in my country to who would love to break all the rules. Thankfully our government is a bit stronger (not that much unfortunately) but we have less of an alcohol culture then the UK. 

who needs alcohol when you,ve got clog dancing?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Another reason why comprehensive health insurance should be mandatory for all retirees upon application for every visa and on annual extension.

What if you don't want Thai doctors cutting into you?

Why would you need comprehensive health insurance?

Not everyone wants to live forever.

I've never needed to speak Thai in any government hospital, they always managed to explain themselves perfectly clearly. Maybe you've never been in one?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Was this in Thailand?

What was he doing with no money or insurance in a foreign country?

However, I am still of the belief that the Thais would have treated him if the condition was life threatening. 

A lot of it comes down to communication too. If you are unable to understand or communicate in the local language then hospital visits and the like will be so much more stressful and the likelihood of misunderstandings will be high.

Sad to say but it is not Thailand's problem to provide free health care to elderly and temporary visitors though, although some fold still seem to think it is...

He came to Thailand and invested all his money in a bar with his girlfriend, she then kicked him out the bar , he was 65 and getting by teaching English .

He had a bad stomach and he got taken to a Thai Gov hospital , they carried out a small procedure to keep him alive , small operation I think it was . Then informed him that he would need a major operation to remove and repair things and no guarantee of it being a success .

They kept him on morphine for a few days until he died .

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What if you don't want Thai doctors cutting into you?

Why would you need comprehensive health insurance?

Not everyone wants to live forever.

I've never needed to speak Thai in any government hospital, they always managed to explain themselves perfectly clearly. Maybe you've never been in one?

Not every ailment is life threatening but many can be costly. I think health insurance or a sizable fund for self insurance should be mandatory. 

Too many skipping out on bills just makes it harder for all of us. 

15 hours ago, robblok said:

I would worry if i was stuck in the UK second wave is coming. I mean the opened the pubs and everyone went crazy. I seen the pics.. zero social distancing no masks drunks everywhere. 

Then the expats here wonder why the government is enforcing rules on pubs. The UK is a great example of how to mess things up. Maybe the have watched how it went in the US and thought.. we can do worse ????

Got plenty of idiots in my country to who would love to break all the rules. Thankfully our government is a bit stronger (not that much unfortunately) but we have less of an alcohol culture then the UK. 

there won't be any second wave this time, the media will be silenced. Unless they want to destroy the economy .. watch and see

3 minutes ago, jaffas21 said:

there won't be any second wave this time, the media will be silenced. Unless they want to destroy the economy .. watch and see

We are talking about the UK not some third world country. There are quite some good journalist over there. 

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not every ailment is life threatening but many can be costly.

I've had two immediately life threatening events in the past, which would have resulted in death within a week if not treated.

Most expensive cost 4k (3 nights in hospital), I refused surgery (another 40k), 7 years back.

Next is ongoing, 1k to start off (outpatient), than another 500-800bht for inspection and meds every 3 months, I refused surgery (another 250k), last year.

No insurance, paid cash.

Edited by BritManToo
changed charges

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've had two immediately life threatening events in the past, which would have resulted in death within a week if not treated.

Most expensive cost 4k (3 nights in hospital), I refused surgery (another 40k), 7 years back.

Next is ongoing, 3k to start off (outpatient), than another 500bht for inspection and meds every 3 months, I refused surgery (another 250k), last year.

No insurance, paid cash.

At least you honor your debts, i respect that. 

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

Thais worried about 'living in fear' in UK? Come back to your precious Kingdom of freedom ... NOT.  .  

Why don't you go back to your country?

Getting back to the subject at hand it would seem that the government could manage 2 flights a week by expanding texting and quarantine areas. A couple of A-380’s might be perfect for this job. BDX just announced a new 15 minute test which might be ideal for airports. Since we are now into July it is a bit surprising that all of the Thais who wish to be repatriated have not been sent home yet.