Worried Thais in UK want to get out urgently, plead for more flights to bring them home

webfact

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats untrue - People of any Nationality are treated with equal indifference at any public hospital in the UK. 

People in the UK with Covid-19 symptoms are told to stay home and isolate and only to seek medical assistance if their symptoms are serious, difficult breathing etc. 

Anyone attending hospital with Covid-19 symptoms will be immediately sent home unless their condition is serious at which point they will be either taken to or placed in a medical facility specifically set up to treat serious Covid-19 patients. 

Your comment implying that Thai’s are treated less equally than a British citizen needs to be 'called out’.

The reason your comment may exist is that Thai’s treat hospitals differently than the British. 

In the UK people go to hospital for serious illness. We don’t go to a hospital if we have a cold or the flu unless our condition become serious, an emergency. In the majority of non serious cases we will be told to go home and take paracetamol etc to control our temperature. 

I can see that someone not familiar with the UK ’system’ goes to a UK Hospital with ‘cold symptoms’ as they would in Thailand, expecting to walk away with 4 different types of medication (white, blue, pink and yellow tablets) and feels hard done by or treated unfairly when they are told to ‘go home and take paracetamol’ - a British person would receive exactly the same response. 

Except all the bed blockers......

15 hours ago, Yinn said:

No free visa to uk. 

Now 500 Thai die covid already.

50~ in Thailand,

250~ Europe 

200~ USA. Middle East etc

Hospital in Europe/USA not help Thai much. Doctor/hospital to busy, only give paracetamol and say stay home.

Very difficult situation for Thai there already.

Safety first. Return Thailand better.

Yinn as normal you are ill informed, the care in any EU hospital would be the same for any nationality, i read today there are many thai,s in the UK asking for repatriation flights due toillness, i assume they have travel insurance and can guarantee you no private hospital will turn away an insured person and no state hospital will turn away a dying person 100% guaranteed, medical ethics differ a lot but Yinn you are stuck in the old days, the figure you quoted of 50 thai deaths is a fantastic result in these pandemic times but why i ask is the world still nervous of allowing thai's to travel maybe others are questioning the figure if 50.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Did the Thais have health insurance for the UK ?

Same as felangs in Thailand , the Gov hospital will not treat us here

Not correct. The UK g announced that all people will receive Covid19 treatment FREE. Even illegal immigrants should they come forward. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, robblok said:

I would worry if i was stuck in the UK second wave is coming. I mean the opened the pubs and everyone went crazy. I seen the pics.. zero social distancing no masks drunks everywhere. 

Then the expats here wonder why the government is enforcing rules on pubs. The UK is a great example of how to mess things up. Maybe the have watched how it went in the US and thought.. we can do worse ????

Got plenty of idiots in my country to who would love to break all the rules. Thankfully our government is a bit stronger (not that much unfortunately) but we have less of an alcohol culture then the UK. 

pretty sure that most people planned to die are dead by now

but new people get on chemo, come T2D and other chronic diseases

+ pills they take that stop your immune system from working

= new cases of people that will die

scare mongering for second wave ....

if the tested the whole population, they would find more cases

of people that got OVER it like most do for a cold and get over it

weak sick old people have a tendency to die

7000 a DAY in the USA, nothing to do with covid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

He came to Thailand and invested all his money in a bar with his girlfriend, she then kicked him out the bar , he was 65 and getting by teaching English .

He had a bad stomach and he got taken to a Thai Gov hospital , they carried out a small procedure to keep him alive , small operation I think it was . Then informed him that he would need a major operation to remove and repair things and no guarantee of it being a success .

They kept him on morphine for a few days until he died .

Sorry about your friend.

Sounds like a very sad and predictable story though. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, keith101 said:

They should be worried with the UK opening up just like the US did you can expect a great number of new cases from all the a symptomatic carriers to be out and about spreading their virus to all who come close and i have seen so many not social distancing or wearing masks .

Don’t be scared Keith! 99% of cases are non fatal...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats untrue - People of any Nationality are treated with equal indifference at any public hospital in the UK. 

People in the UK with Covid-19 symptoms are told to stay home and isolate and only to seek medical assistance if their symptoms are serious, difficult breathing etc. 

Anyone attending hospital with Covid-19 symptoms will be immediately sent home unless their condition is serious at which point they will be either taken to or placed in a medical facility specifically set up to treat serious Covid-19 patients. 

Your comment implying that Thai’s are treated less equally than a British citizen needs to be 'called out’.

The reason your comment may exist is that Thai’s treat hospitals differently than the British. 

In the UK people go to hospital for serious illness. We don’t go to a hospital if we have a cold or the flu unless our condition become serious, an emergency. In the majority of non serious cases we will be told to go home and take paracetamol etc to control our temperature. 

I can see that someone not familiar with the UK ’system’ goes to a UK Hospital with ‘cold symptoms’ as they would in Thailand, expecting to walk away with 4 different types of medication (white, blue, pink and yellow tablets) and feels hard done by or treated unfairly when they are told to ‘go home and take paracetamol’ - a British person would receive exactly the same response. 

Smell the coffee everyone. This is nothing more than a bad flu doing the rounds. Trump is spot on for once, over 99% will not die. But carry on living in fear if it makes you happy:)))

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

Utter nonsense. 

If they were worried they'd have gone home months ago at the peak back in April. The UK is not alone in opening up - pretty much all of Europe has opened. 

Although opening up bars is absurd. 

Totally. Why should people be allowed to relax and have fun with this big nasty virus out there! (99% non-fatal). Let’s just close all bars, permanently.  I bet you’re fun at parties!! 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

There are Thais in the UK?

do they have to do 90 day reports as well?

The UK has always had a rotten government towards the working class in my lifetime, but even they don't have 90 day reports for foreigners living there treating them like criminals the way that Thailand does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, robblok said:

I would worry if i was stuck in the UK second wave is coming. I mean the opened the pubs and everyone went crazy. I seen the pics.. zero social distancing no masks drunks everywhere. 

Then the expats here wonder why the government is enforcing rules on pubs. The UK is a great example of how to mess things up. Maybe the have watched how it went in the US and thought.. we can do worse ????

Got plenty of idiots in my country to who would love to break all the rules. Thankfully our government is a bit stronger (not that much unfortunately) but we have less of an alcohol culture then the UK. 

And your country is?

So anyway...back to the real topic.... These Thai in the UK are asking  the Thai Government  for assistance  in escaping  a high risk environment.

They are  not asking  the UK,  you or me are they?

Why is it that so many take all and any opportunity in puerile attempt to belittle?

I often am reminded of a Dr Seuss sort of theme; Can't respect them here, Can't respect them there, Can't respect them anywhere!

But self expectations remain high !

Sad.

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Whatever you have is a complete and utter lie. Anyone who goes to a hospital in Germany is treated no differently than Germans. Germany has the best healthcare in the world. To suggest a German doctor or hospital would refuse to treat a Thai is simply ludicrous.

Oh, I remember you. The anti mask guy. Ludicrous.

Coronavirus: Germany's states make face masks compulsory

Iink

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52382196

7 hours ago, Almer said:

Yinn as normal you are ill informed, the care in any EU hospital would be the same for any nationality, i read today there are many thai,s in the UK asking for repatriation flights due toillness, i assume they have travel insurance and can guarantee you no private hospital will turn away an insured person and no state hospital will turn away a dying person 100% guaranteed, medical ethics differ a lot but Yinn you are stuck in the old days, the figure you quoted of 50 thai deaths is a fantastic result in these pandemic times but why i ask is the world still nervous of allowing thai's to travel maybe others are questioning the figure if 50.

Coronavirus: How GPs have stopped seeing most patients in person

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52216222

• Sad 1

This is what is shown on the NHS website:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing and treatment

Overseas visitors to England, including anyone living in the UK without permission, will not be charged for:

• testing for coronavirus (even if the test shows you do not have coronavirus)
  • treatment for coronavirus

No immigration checks are needed if you only have testing or treatment for coronavirus.

See GOV.UK: NHS entitlements for migrants for information in other languages on free testing and treatment.

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/visiting-or-moving-to-england/visitors-who-do-not-need-pay-for-nhs-treatment/

I guess the NHS decides on any applicable treatments if any is required. I'm not a doctor, but I ask what treatment is available for those who think they have the virus, versus those that do. None, by the sound of it. There is no cure, and perhaps paracetamol does to this virus what it does for colds and flu. It just helps to relieve the symptoms..

• Like 1

Back on Topic: 

I think Thailand could put on more repatriation flights for Thai’s.

I think Thailand could put on more Quarantine facilities for returning Thai’s.

Why doesn’t Thailand do this? - the only answer I can come up with is that those in positions of decision making power are not really impacted by this and so don’t really care. At least until the news becomes negative enough that they are forced into doing something about it through nothing other than ‘face’.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Was She eligible for NHS treatment ?

Everyone regardless of where they are from or there status are entitled to treatment by the NHS, it's just if they don't have a settlement VISA or insurance they may be billed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yinn said:

You “can’t see” “can see” ? 

You imagine situation, you not there.

i believe the thai people there. Real people, real situation. CAN see.

Not want to see? 

Why no English report? Hmmmm. Have many report same this since March month. But no report on TVF. 

Narrative.

Not one person. 

Many 

RIP

One Thai died in the UK which is terrible but put things into perspective, it's 1 out of 44,236 people (0.002%) who have died from Covid in the UK.

How many Farang have died of Covid in Thailand in the past 4 months? I will tell you it is 6! out of 58 total covid deaths  (10.3%)

Edited by Patts

4 minutes ago, Patts said:

One Thai died in the UK which is terrible but put things into perspective, it's 1 out of 44,236 people who have died from Covid in the UK. 

And its 1 out of 1,181,000 people here in Thailand who have died of Covid.