Worried Thais in UK want to get out urgently, plead for more flights to bring them home

webfact

On 7/6/2020 at 5:59 PM, robblok said:

I would worry if i was stuck in the UK second wave is coming. I mean the opened the pubs and everyone went crazy. I seen the pics.. zero social distancing no masks drunks everywhere. 

Then the expats here wonder why the government is enforcing rules on pubs. The UK is a great example of how to mess things up. Maybe the have watched how it went in the US and thought.. we can do worse ????

Got plenty of idiots in my country to who would love to break all the rules. Thankfully our government is a bit stronger (not that much unfortunately) but we have less of an alcohol culture then the UK. 

Are fears of a second wave founded?  Well perhaps spikes in particular localities, but the UK has been swift to lockdown Leicester for instance.  I can't think there's anything stopping Thailand organizing an airlift if it thinks it necessary.  Also, I really can't see the UK holding someone up for an overstay in these circumstances.  All this talk of a second wave happening is just scaremongering imo.  The rest is your fevered imagination on your favourite topic of Brit bashing.

5 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

This is what is shown on the NHS website:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing and treatment

Overseas visitors to England, including anyone living in the UK without permission, will not be charged for:

• testing for coronavirus (even if the test shows you do not have coronavirus)
  • treatment for coronavirus

No immigration checks are needed if you only have testing or treatment for coronavirus.

See GOV.UK: NHS entitlements for migrants for information in other languages on free testing and treatment.

https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/visiting-or-moving-to-england/visitors-who-do-not-need-pay-for-nhs-treatment/

I guess the NHS decides on any applicable treatments if any is required. I'm not a doctor, but I ask what treatment is available for those who think they have the virus, versus those that do. None, by the sound of it. There is no cure, and perhaps paracetamol does to this virus what it does for colds and flu. It just helps to relieve the symptoms..

Nothing if it's mild, ranging to intubation and dexamethasone for serious illness.  

16 hours ago, Yinn said:

Coronavirus: How GPs have stopped seeing most patients in person

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-52216222

Yinn, another point you seem not to discuss is the way thai's are looked after abroad, i know 2 thai's living in the Uk who for the last 3 months have been paid 80% of there normal salary by the government, this scheme will end in a few weeks, are these the thai's who you claim are eager to come home now the free money has stopped? 

Another post has shown you of 1 thai death in the Uk from 40.000 deaths, in thailand 6 foreigners  from 58, get the facts about how foreigners are looked after before you post please.

Have a nice day

• Thanks 2

On 7/7/2020 at 7:55 AM, Yinn said:

You “can’t see” “can see” ? 

You imagine situation, you not there.

i believe the thai people there. Real people, real situation. CAN see.

Not want to see? 

Why no English report? Hmmmm. Have many report same this since March month. But no report on TVF. 

Narrative.

Not one person. 

Many 

RIP

Yinn when you are able go and see how  the western world treats people even those with no money and are not entitled, in Thailand i fear no money go home 

On 7/6/2020 at 12:29 PM, Upnotover said:

Trapped in paradise, bless 'em.  I think some online begging attempts are in order.

They've probably been on a few shopping trips to Harrods with Yinluck 

Edited by Mung

On 7/6/2020 at 9:32 AM, keith101 said:

They should be worried with the UK opening up just like the US did you can expect a great number of new cases from all the a symptomatic carriers to be out and about spreading their virus to all who come close and i have seen so many not social distancing or wearing masks .

On 7/6/2020 at 11:59 AM, robblok said:

I would worry if i was stuck in the UK second wave is coming. I mean the opened the pubs and everyone went crazy. I seen the pics.. zero social distancing no masks drunks everywhere. 

Then the expats here wonder why the government is enforcing rules on pubs. The UK is a great example of how to mess things up. Maybe the have watched how it went in the US and thought.. we can do worse ????

Got plenty of idiots in my country to who would love to break all the rules. Thankfully our government is a bit stronger (not that much unfortunately) but we have less of an alcohol culture then the UK. 

Think you need to back these posts up with facts, What about Melbourne Australia, Italy, in lock-down again.... These are facts. 

On 7/6/2020 at 12:49 PM, Yinn said:

No free visa to uk. 

Now 500 Thai die covid already.

50~ in Thailand,

250~ Europe 

200~ USA. Middle East etc

Hospital in Europe/USA not help Thai much. Doctor/hospital to busy, only give paracetamol and say stay home.

Very difficult situation for Thai there already.

Safety first. Return Thailand better.

Un-true post Yin, the UK and its NHS treat all patients equal no matter what race, colour, or gender, and yes visas are not free, but the previous posts referred to 90 day reports for foreigners in the UK, and the answer to that question is.. NO 

No free visa to uk. 

50~ in Thailand,

250~ Europe 

Hospital in Europe/USA not help Thai much. Doctor/hospital to busy, only give paracetamol and say stay home.

Very difficult situation for Thai there already.

Utter nonsense post, sorry.  

In regard the OP, my Thai wife isn't panicking or desperate to get back to LOS in the slightest.  In fact she's more concerned about transporting C19 back to her parents in LOS.

My wife hasn't been furloughed in the UK, rather she took the financial hit and didn't work for twelve weeks as there was no work and I earn above the household threshold for her to become entitled to social security benefits.  

The good news is is that my wife returned to work four weeks ago and is now earning money again.

My wife is very C19 aware but I don't believe it's such a big deal.  I definitely contracted C19 back in February and it wasn't even as bad as the common cold with the mild symptoms persisting for a few weeks and that was it.

This virus is no more deadly than influenza.  The flu virus will claim the occasional youngster but it's very rare.  The flu virus mainly kills those primed to die in their advancing years or with pre-existing medical conditions and C19 acts no different.  

There definitely wasn't bodies piling high in the UK and I really don't believe most of what I'm fed by the UK MSM.  

6 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

I definitely contracted C19 back in February and it wasn't even as bad as the common cold with the mild symptoms persisting for a few weeks and that was it.

How do you know that it was Covid-19? [definitely] - were you tested?

Could it have just been a regular cold?

This virus is no more deadly than influenza.  

I think so, but a lot more information is needed and there is factual data (see below) which seems to contradict this.

Enough is not yet known on the true CFR to make any factual statements.

The flu virus will claim the occasional youngster but it's very rare.  The flu virus mainly kills those primed to die in their advancing years or with pre-existing medical conditions and C19 acts no different.  

Any respiratory illness does, simply because our immune system deteriorates with age. 

There definitely wasn't bodies piling high in the UK and I really don't believe most of what I'm fed by the UK MSM.  

Census data shows that the England and Wales total fatalities for 2020 as of week 27 is 335,606 deaths. 

Census data shows that the England and Wales average fatalities 2014-2019 as of week 27 is 281,555 deaths. 

There are 54,052 more deaths in 2020 than the average over the previous 5 years. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

This is the single source of data which makes me think that perhaps Covid-19 is a lot worse than some of us think. 

publishedweek262020.xlsx

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How do you know that it was Covid-19? [definitely] - were you tested?

Could it have just been a regular cold?

I think so, but a lot more information is needed and there is factual data (see below) which seems to contradict this.

Enough is not yet known on the true CFR to make any factual statements.

Any respiratory illness does, simply because our immune system deteriorates with age. 

Census data shows that the England and Wales total fatalities for 2020 as of week 27 is 335,606 deaths. 

Census data shows that the England and Wales average fatalities 2014-2019 as of week 27 is 281,555 deaths. 

There are 54,052 more deaths in 2020 than the average over the previous 5 years. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

This is the single source of data which makes me think that perhaps Covid-19 is a lot worse than some of us think. 

publishedweek262020.xlsx 198.77 kB · 0 downloads

I respect your posts and viewpoint but I'm just not buying this lockdown.  It wasn't necessary when balanced with what is nothing more than a different strain of influenza.  If C19 killed 30 or 40 thousand per annum more than influenza rates then so be it, but the numbers can't be verified at such an early stage. C19 has proved not to kill young healthy people any more than influenza.  

Let's turn this around to the argument that total lockdown wasn't necessary when it would have been far less damaging to isolate the infirm, elderly and those with pre-existing conditions.  

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

I respect your posts and viewpoint but I'm just not buying this lockdown.  It wasn't necessary when balanced with what is nothing more than a different strain of influenza.  If C19 killed 30 or 40 thousand per annum more than influenza rates then so be it, but the numbers can't be verified at such an early stage. C19 has proved not to kill young healthy people any more than influenza.  

The maximum estimate for the deaths caused by the H1N1 outbreak in 2009 is 575,000 people world wide.

Later reports suggested that the H1N1 outbreak was no more severe than regular seasonal influenza. 

The WHO estimates that 250,000 to 500,000 people world-wide die of seasonal flu annually.

Covid-19 has killed 545,980 people as of July. With the number of deaths dropping off there are two basic conclusions. 

Lockdown has worked, or lockdown has not made much difference and we’re looking at something only slightly worse than seasonal influenza. 

I suspect a good comparison to make would be how many people die each year from Seasonal influenza up to July, vs how many people have died this year from seasonal Influenza.

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

Let's turn this around to the argument that total lockdown wasn't necessary when it would have been far less damaging to isolate the infirm, elderly and those with pre-existing conditions.  

Agree, I think this would have been the best solution. 

It would have resulted in a ‘two tier’ society, but the economy would not have suffered as much. 

On 7/6/2020 at 9:24 AM, webfact said:

pubs and bars to reopen as normal

What sensationalist tripe. Pubs and bars are NOT open as normal. To drink, one has to register and sit at a table. There is no bar service and numbers in pubs are very low.

On 7/6/2020 at 9:32 AM, keith101 said:

They should be worried with the UK opening up just like the US did you can expect a great number of new cases from all the a symptomatic carriers to be out and about spreading their virus to all who come close and i have seen so many not social distancing or wearing masks .

Their virus? Stroll on. Do you work for the ccp?

No free visa to uk. 

50~ in Thailand,

250~ Europe 

... sure, as long as you don't take to the roads on the way home, having killed more people than all China flu deaths put together.

But carry on touting that magic 50, Yinn, as long as it helps you sleep. Just don't forget who's in charge.