Thailand says monkey labour 'almost non-existent' after UK shop ban

webfact

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Ok Mr Superiority.

How you get the coconut from the tall old tree? 

Burmese kids?

Ok Ms Superiority. I think you missed the part where the Minister said they no longer use monkeys. Here it is:

"Using monkeys for the coconut industry is almost non-existent," Thai Commerce Minister Jurin Laksanawisit told reporters, saying human labour had long ago replaced monkeys.

So maybe you're right. Maybe Burmese kids are being exploited instead of monkeys. Is that better and sales should be allowed?

Well this is just fantastic isn't it? Boris' girlfriend now makes UK policy, the vegan animal rights zealot.

This explains why we can't buy Waitrose croissants anymore. Of course Thai supermarkets are removing UK products in patriotic tit for tat.

This has nothing to do with labor( or monkeys), the set up is to easy.

This is a message, comply or............

someone is not taking orders. Expect more of the same.

CCP is in deep financial do do. Won’t be long.

Sources say.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Yes but you nor anyone else has proven a link to mistreating pet monkeys and agriculture. As I said one can find pet monkeys chained to a post in Asia without a coconut in sight. 

Mostly this is all touchy , feely, guilt ridden western stuff.

He nor anyone else has to prove a link to mistreating pet monkeys and agriculture.

What must be proven is that the animal has agreed to be a part of the agricultural industry.

In the absence of any such agreements then use of ANY animal without consent is paramount to slavery. AKA touchy, feely, guilt ridden western stuff.

45 minutes ago, Susco said:

My house is surrounded by coconut trees, and they get picked frequently.

I've never seen monkey or humans climb up the trees, as they use a very long bamboo stick to cut the coconuts, and yes I estimate that those sticks are more than 15 meters long.

True and I have seen them tying like 3 of those long bamboo poles together to reach really tall trees near my place.  They are truly skilled at their trade. Also no monkeys in sight.

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Send a monkey up a tree or kill chickens/cows/pigs for there meat.

Think the monkey has the better deal.

Plus the fact that every monkey i have seen picking coconuts appears to be quite happy. The place where i get my virgin oil from on Samui has several monkeys which they treat like family.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dave moir said:

So you have proof that monkeys are beaten and chained up? Maybe have a leash? Sheep dogs are usually caged or put in a pen of some sort! When not working! But same principles the dog is worked to round up sheep the monkeys to collect coconuts!

You have the option to not buy products that profit from animal exploitation same as British retailers have the option not to stock or sell them.

2 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

Plus the fact that every monkey i have seen picking coconuts appears to be quite happy. The place where i get my virgin oil from on Samui has several monkeys which they treat like family.

I'm curious, how do you gauge happiness in a monkey from a few seconds interaction and next to no anthropological or zoological knowledge whatsoever?

Just now, Huckenfell said:

But i call it juvenile imagination. 

Doesn't matter what you call it, products that profit from animal exploitation in Thailand will not be sold at British retailers.

US and EU will no doubt follow suit.

Time to industrialise or perish. 

1 hour ago, fxe1200 said:

You attach a sharp sickle to a long bamboo pole, extend this with another one, lift up the sickle up into the tree, behind one ore more coconuts, cut the stem with a short downward movement, and take a step back, when the coconut comes down.  I have done this on a coconut plantation on Koh Ngai, and there are no monkeys. With a little practice one can be very productive.

Come to Samui where we have some very tall old trees, and do this.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

...so will they ban lamb chops because they use dogs to round up the sheep?

Or Bait fish which are small fish caught for use as bait to attract large predatory fish, particularly game fish. Species used are typically those that are common and breed rapidly, making them easy to catch and in regular supply. Examples of marine bait fish are anchovies, gudgeon, halfbeaks such as ballyhoo, and scad.

OK, ok.  Hold the COVID news.  

We really need to get this monkey <deleted> sorted out.  

Is there any way that I can get coconut oil made from albino pygmy midgets?  I'm into that.  Like REALLY REALLY into that.  

1 hour ago, Susco said:

I've never seen monkey or humans climb up the trees, as they use a very long bamboo stick to cut the coconuts, and yes I estimate that those sticks are more than 15 meters long.

Yes, this is how they harvest the lower trees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

On Samui which is probably one of the oldest coconut producing areas in Thailand, there are some very tall trees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadSpottedDog said:

This is not true. I see many Thais here driving their monkeys to pick coconuts. There are also 3 monkeys down the street from us. I see 2 of them regularly, and they're restrained by short chains 99% of the time. It's so sad. The 3rd monkey I see being walked and beaten and screamed at by his owner. I should get videos & pictures.

Do it then or stop your B/S !