Alcohol fuel or any cheap alcohol to clean office desks ? what kind of alcohol is available in Thailand ?

samtab

hello,

Back home since 50 years they use alcohol fuel to clean office desks (alcohol + methanol)

I don't know why they used this alcohol, but i guess that it's because it is cheap ?

Do you know if it can be found in Thailand or what is the cheapest alcohol that we can find here (we need a lot).

Thank you.

Edited by samtab

5 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

For stuff like I'm using Acetone. You can buy it locally or even on the internet. For example Lazada.co.th has some around 1 liter / 200 Baht. It's 99%. You can mix it with water to make weaker solution.

Acetone is nail polish remover and could seriously damage office furniture or any plastic objects.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crossy said:

I'd just use the regular "rubbing alcohol", it's isopropanol and water so pretty safe on most surfaces and humans.

Are you looking for cleaning or sanitising or both?

I've been looking for IPA for a decent price for a long time now. They have jacked up the price since Covid 19 reared its ugly head.

• Like 1

For disinfectant purposes, there is always the good old fashion and very cheap 'bleach'. The brand name is Haiter Bleach,but doesn't say "bleach" on the front of the bottle so could be easily overlooked.This product has been treated to remove the strong bleach smell.

• Like 1

toxic methanol, also known as wood alcohol. It can cause blindness and death if ingested. “Methanol can dehydrate the skin, causing dry skin, and can result in dermatitis to the affected region.

Do not use where there could be any contact with skin - it can be absorbed as well as ingested.  There are current issues with some hand sanitizers taking this cheap path.

image.jpeg.f2a8cbcef2f264417ab898de4afd661b.jpeg

• Like 1