Channel 7 report: No tourists and desperate times for vendors/ hotels in Pattaya

webfact

On 8/31/2020 at 4:16 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course I've witnessed it. After the tsunami I got a great deal on a renovated hotel room in Patong because there were few tourists. Phi Phi was even more destroyed. The places I'd stayed before had vanished to the point I didn't know where they were exactly. After that I went up to Kamala Beach and that was desperate. There is nothing new under the sun.

I remember the Lek with fondness. I stayed a month there after my divorce. Lovely old style hotel and better than the new ( and vastly more expensive ) boxes put up. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Didn't need to eat rest of the day.

The Wonderful bar wasn't really wonderful if we are honest.

Thanks for the comment.

Ah The LEK though iffy breakfast in my opinion, 90 days twice a year for decades before the Government stepped in with thier bureaucracy, fees and endless paperwork. Happy Days!

22 hours ago, easyride said:

90 days twice a year for decades before the Government stepped in with thier bureaucracy, fees and endless paperwork.

You would think they would welcome you again, to kick start their tourism and hospitality industry after Covid, perhaps with a temporary change in policy, but probably not.   ????