In a first, Trump dons mask in visit to a military medical facility

rooster59

I will always try and give credit where it is due and I am happy to see he came around and is doing what is right. Hopefully he influences other people to do the same. To me, with the mask on, he finally looks like he is trying to lead by example. The only way the country gets past this is if we all pull the oars in the same direction

Talk about teaching a prehistoric dog new tricks. His advisors must be reminding him his poll numbers are dropping like a brick and he is headed toward the greatest humiliation of his lifetime. What can one say about this man?

Can't wait for the election. Going to be great entertainment watching him cry, whimper, blame, complain and moan.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Talk about teaching a prehistoric dog new tricks. His advisors must be reminding him his poll numbers are dropping like a brick and he is headed toward the greatest humiliation of his lifetime. What can one say about this man?

You can say Republican shakers and movers aren't backing him any more. Since he blew his financial wad in North Carolina on a convention that will not happen now, his campaign has been trying to shake the money tree to finance his temper tantrum move to Florida. So far, those who have ponied up in the past are saying they don't want to be associated with the stench of another failed gathering.  Partly because it's in Florida with rising virus numbers, partly because of the manner his ego-stroking groups relish in defying the ideas of wearing masks and practicing social distancing, and partly cuz they don't want to throw good money after bad. They see the way things are going. There is a YUGE Republican financial group that is donating to the Biden campaign. There's much more to say about this man, but this is good for the moment.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, J Town said:

You can say Republican shakers and movers aren't backing him any more. Since he blew his financial wad in North Carolina on a convention that will not happen now, his campaign has been trying to shake the money tree to finance his temper tantrum move to Florida. So far, those who have ponied up in the past are saying they don't want to be associated with the stench of another failed gathering.  Partly because it's in Florida with rising virus numbers, partly because of the manner his ego-stroking groups relish in defying the ideas of wearing masks and practicing social distancing, and partly cuz they don't want to throw good money after bad. They see the way things are going. There is a YUGE Republican financial group that is donating to the Biden campaign. There's much more to say about this man, but this is good for the moment.

That's ok, they can always organise it and default on the payments. Trump style.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

That's ok, they can always organise it and default on the payments. Trump style.

I think Florida is insisting the money be paid up front. They're getting wise to his criminal behavior.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sujo said:

Well after all this time the question is...why?

Do Not give Covid-19 to the military if you have any desire to be re-elected. Reporters, fans, or democrats you could still get re-elected;  not so the military.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2020 at 7:59 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Trump doesn't wear a mask - causes much tears and angst.

Trump does wear a mask - causes much tears and angst.

Sometimes I wonder if the problem is not with Trump?

Oh, don't wonder!

It 100% is!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2020 at 7:59 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Trump doesn't wear a mask - causes much tears and angst.

Trump does wear a mask - causes much tears and angst.

Sometimes I wonder if the problem is not with Trump?

No, no tears and angst here. Nor in the other posts. I'm happy he's gotten on board (finally) and hope that his cool mask inspires the rest of his supporters to join in.

You may be surprised to find that we aren't hoping that the USA descends into a COVID-19 death spiral even if that does guarantee an end to this clowncar presidency.  I'd prefer that people like yourself step away from the cray-cray and start behaving like the more sensible human beings you were before the Donald dragged you into his rabbit hole o' hate. That way you might realize that you've been a captive of disinformation techniques and gaslighting and that everything you had known prior to the last four years in fact is still valid - things like "science is our single best tool to fight against a viral pandemic and a sound basis for public policy" and "you can be of a different political party and still be a patriot".

• Like 2

On 7/12/2020 at 3:53 PM, Tie Dye Samurai said:

I will always try and give credit where it is due and I am happy to see he came around and is doing what is right. Hopefully he influences other people to do the same. To me, with the mask on, he finally looks like he is trying to lead by example. The only way the country gets past this is if we all pull the oars in the same direction

Actually not.

He should have done that.

He should have done that months ago.

Lead by example.

Give a speech to his hard core fans that the only way to beat this virus is widespread mask wearing in public places at all times.

That it's not a political statement of support for him to not wear masks. That this is a matter of life and death.

But it's clear he will never ever lead on this.

Truly disgusting behavior. Such an irresponsible man has no business being president.