Is My O Visa Truly Expired?

On 7/12/2020 at 5:10 PM, jimmyz said:

he is on amnesty anything that he was on before amnesty still count, that being said you can do your extension of any kind on the last day before it is expired, does not have to be 1 or 2 week ahead of time

That may be your opinion. However immigration officials are neither bound by your opinion nor do many of them agree with you.

You are giving very bad (and in most cases wrong) advice.

Its the immigration officials who decide not you. It’s the immigration officer’s opinion about accepting a late application that matters. My local office may accept an application that is up to a week late, they will not accept ones over that.

immigration officials are processing 1 year extensions in virtually the same way as always. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimmyz said:

he was 3,4 days overstay, you think immigration wouldn't collect the overstay fee, he did not pay any overstay fine did he now

Of course he doesn't have to pay an overstay fine – he's not on overstay! The discussion is about whether or not people will be able to extend expired extensions thanks to the amnesty, which several immigration offices have already said no to.

• Like 2

this is Headgame post there's no point making a fuss, this is amnesty time not your regular typical time, best thing is to go ask IO directly there's no hurt of doing so, i'm glad that he went down there and got what he wanted, instead of pressuring to use agent, i'm happy for him to get his extension

11 hours ago, Myran said:

Of course he doesn't have to pay an overstay fine – he's not on overstay! The discussion is about whether or not people will be able to extend expired extensions thanks to the amnesty, which several immigration offices have already said no to.

This is my experience and will certainly differ from office to office and even from officer to officer as is always the case with immigration. I too was awaiting a new passport. I applied for it 5 months in advance to avoid possible visa problems, however, because of Covid-19 precautions and other factors it took 4 months to get the new passport. During that time my permission to stay also expired at the end of May, but my visa didn’t. When I tried to get a Cert, of Residency from local Immigration Office to renew my driving licence, I was told in no uncertain terms, that the visa amnesty only means I won’t be charged an overstay fine but for everything else I am on overstay. So, no flexibility and no joy from them for me.

• Thanks 1

if you listen to these clowns aswell pack up and go home, here we find soultion what work and whats not or try this and that, these clowns will give you discourage and negative affect, aslong as you can help one person get what they want is still better then sitting putting out negative respond you can't do this you can't do that, best way to shut these negative poster up is to ignore their comment and find solution

if anybody been here long enought these guy sound like IT TECH if you can remember that guy

Edited by jimmyz
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Headgame said:

Phuket Immigration - Return Visit

Sometimes the world unfolds the way it should.

Congrats with your successful 1-year extension of stay application.

It was as good as certain that Phuket IO would be lenient in your case, but of course you can never be really 100% sure until you get the passport with the extension stamp.

Now time to celebrate and enjoy the prospect of your next full year in Phuket Paradise.

I had a similar situation. My non o spouse visa extension ran out on June 14th. Phoned them up asking if I could do a 1 year extension with 400k baht seasoned for 2 months and they said yes. I do have a daughter here and they wanted birth certificates and her to sign papers too. Best bet is to phone them up and ask. Every office seems to be different.

• Thanks 1