O-A extension/insurance done.

After the disaster of 3 weeks ago still in mind I once again headed off to CW to do my extension of stay.

I had been told by immigration officers and by my insurance company that despite my previous extension of stay ending yesterday and my insurance not starting until today, everything would be all right. 

Well blow me down, they were right. in at just before 8 and out just before 10, the quickest ever turnaround for me.

A quick scan over all my paperwork and asked to sign the extra 3 or 4 sheets they give to everyone, and that was it.

Still no reason the exact same thing couldn't have been done 3 weeks ago. But at least it's over for another year.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, berybert said:

I had been told by immigration officers and by my insurance company that despite my previous extension of stay ending yesterday and my insurance not starting until today, everything would be all right. 

Thanks for reporting back.

I learn from your experience and (against my preference) will start my insurance two days before current expiry and apply on that day (likely loosing two days of extension).

Normally I also apply early but seems their wishy-washy rules do not allow for pragmatic solution.