Vaccine trial on humans ‘within next month’

snoop1130

Vaccine trial on humans ‘within next month’

By The Nation

800_4774b8692e22dc8.jpg

A prototype Covid-19 vaccine may be tested on humans within the next month, after Chulalongkorn University announced success in its trial on monkeys.

The Chula team is developing an mRNA vaccine and is among seven teams of Thai scientists who have requested approval to conduct Covid-19 vaccine trials on humans, said Food and Drug Administration (FDA) deputy secretary-general Paisarn Dunkum on Monday (July 13).

Latest results from the Chulalongkorn Faculty of Medicine project show monkeys injected with the vaccine developed high immunity against Covid-19.

The FDA chief said if the Chula research team sends information about its research as soon as possible, FDA approval for human trials will take no more than one month.

“We are constantly discussing and considering trials on humans. However, the safety, quality and efficiency of the trials must be considered by experts both in Thailand and abroad,” said Dr Paisarn.

Research data from foreign vaccine research programmes that used the same technology as the Thai applicants will also be considered, he said.

Along with domestic development of vaccines, the FDA is also preparing to import vaccines against Covid-19 from abroad, added Paisarn.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30391226?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

Volunteers please form an orderly queue.

11 minutes ago, steven100 said:

i've nominated a few TV farang so a letter should arrive soon. It's your support that will help others.

maybe continued visa amnesty if you volunteer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

i've nominated a few TV farang so a letter should arrive soon. It's your support that will help others.

Good idea . 

Alien's  wont be missed .  Monkey's important more ..

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Chula team is developing an mRNA vaccine

So this is not the usual vaccine, where a weakened form of the virus is injected, but the new and untested experimental approach where RNA is injected and our cells get genetically modified to produce parts of the Virus, which then are hoped to trigger a reaction of our immune system, training it for the real virus?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

Thanks for your diligent support, but farangs are different and don’t necessarily show the same reaction to a Thai vaccine. You should raise your hand and sign up. You will be honored in bold letters in the new buit walk of fame in front of Siam Paragon.

You get a golden star along with your portrait photo, name and date of birth.

“In memorial of all brave Thais that sacrificed their health for their fellow citizens.“

Your junta heroes will be faded away for decades, but your golden star is still shining. Your own flesh and blood should be proud of you forever. A real martyr‘s life.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

how about you leading the way along with you Thai heros Prayut and Anutin

when that extra penis starts growing from you chin don't say I didn't warn you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

So this is not the usual vaccine, where a weakened form of the virus is injected, but the new and untested experimental approach where RNA is injected and our cells get genetically modified to produce parts of the Virus, which then are hoped to trigger a reaction of our immune system, training it for the real virus?

22 minutes ago, smedly said:

pretty much - the closest I can think of is a 40s horror flic like - frankenstein

I kid you not

These people are toying with horrors, it really is incredible what these nutters are doing

The person's cells are not "genetically modified". They cell is provided with messenger RNA that causes the cell's mechanics to produce antigen proteins that then present on the cell's wall, which in turn creates an immune response. mRNA vaccines are generally considered safer than traditional vaccines, since they do not involve the actual virus.

https://www.phgfoundation.org/briefing/rna-vaccines

As the article states, there are challenges, which includes unintended immune reactions. This appears to be the biggest risk for the person receiving the vaccine. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Latest results from the Chulalongkorn Faculty of Medicine project show monkeys injected with the vaccine developed high immunity against Covid-19.

Monkeys? Did they say monkeys? What is Thailand coming to? First, simian labor to fetch coconuts from dangerous heights. Now injecting them with lord knows what and watching if the poor creatures curl up and die.

Stop it now! Or I shall throw a tantrum and have your medical tourism business shut down.

Signed, Peta Donna

6 hours ago, smedly said:

I do not support Anutin and never have .....  please get your facts straight before blowing your horn.

• Like 1

with no new cases in xyz days, how will they test ?

did I read they might "import" some sick people and experiment on them ? how could that go wrong ...

58 death in 6 months and 65 million people will be forced soon to be injected ?

vaccines need 5-10 years of research, clinical trial, but hey, let's ignore all that

over my dead body sounds familiar ? or will it be :  no vaccine, no visa ?

• Like 1

The trials in Australia have began on humans, first two this week then up to a few hundred by the end of the month. I listened to the professor on talk back radio this morning and said that he is very confident that their will have the vaccine by the first half of next year. They had all positive results with all pre-trials.

9 hours ago, smedly said:

I do not understand what would be so bad about having extra penis. If anything women will be paying you to touch it as you would be worshiped as a god of sex or fertility. 

30 minutes ago, BestB said:

I do not understand what would be so bad about having extra penis. If anything women will be paying you to touch it as you would be worshiped as a god of sex or fertility. 

it might get in the way while eating breakfast 

They should start by injecting the primary researcher and the Thai government head ministers first.
Hey, we have something that will reprogram your DNA.  But trust us!  You'll be fine! (maybe - no doubt the human guinea pigs will sign a form indemnifying the researchers and the university should there be short or long-term effects)

Index1.jpg.4ff638b117b5f0d984d64467c6c4c787.jpg

19 hours ago, timendres said:

The person's cells are not "genetically modified". They cell is provided with messenger RNA that causes the cell's mechanics to produce antigen proteins that then present on the cell's wall, which in turn creates an immune response. mRNA vaccines are generally considered safer than traditional vaccines, since they do not involve the actual virus.

https://www.phgfoundation.org/briefing/rna-vaccines

As the article states, there are challenges, which includes unintended immune reactions. This appears to be the biggest risk for the person receiving the vaccine. 

From the article you link to:

Once the mRNA strand in the vaccine is inside the body’s cells, the cells use the genetic information to produce the antigen. This antigen is then displayed on the cell surface, where it is recognised by the immune system.

So if I get that vaccine, my cells are modified using this injected genetic information to produce „antigen“, which is a kind of marker, right?

And this marker is the displayed on the cell surface, marking them, so that my immune system thinks they are foreign, a virus, with the consequence that it attacks them, destroys them, right?

That sounds to me like an artificial auto immune disease, getting my own immune system to attack my own cells, right?

And this could be any cells of my body, the vaccine just injects the genetic code, but it can do that to any cell reached by the blood stream containing the vaccine?

And then, as you know, cells need to divide for growth, repair, or reproduction. That involves duplicating the cell‘s DNA, which is a complex process, including DNA unwinding and unzipping, its two strands coming apart. What is the effect of the genetic code injected into the cell by the vaccine? Any side effects on this DNA duplication? Unknown?

And that mechanism is new, untested, never used before in vaccines for humans?

I have absolutely no problem in general with vaccinations, i fully understand the concept of getting a weakened  virus and have my immune system train with it. So far I have received lots of such vaccines - but please understand that I do not feel comfortable with this new experimental concept, as it is presented so far.

Edited by yuyiinthesky

A post containing content which was copy and pasted from some news source without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.