Report: easy 90 day-report in Chiang Mai

Stopped by at Chiang Mai immigration at 11AM today to see if I could do my 90-day report that was due end of May.

I could not file online on time and saw that immigration granted them automatically during the visa amnesty.

They setup a nice drive-through lane for 90-day report. I was asked to walk to the back of the main building.

There was absolutely no queue. I filled in the TM47 form and gave my passport. No questions asked, my next report is due in 90 days from today. 

I recommend everyone who didn't file on time to use the drive through in next 10 days before it gets crowded. I would not wait until August because I think you would be fined for late filing (end of amnesty) 

Edited by julot
  • Thanks 2

It took me about 15 minutes to file my 90 days using the drive through and that was after the 4 day holiday. Time before it was under 10 minutes. I prefer to fill out the TM47 at home before I go, makes the process quick at the window. 

38 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It took me about 4 minutes to do my last 90 days report. No TM47 needed (just the first time you do the report) and not many people in the immigration office. Why wait for the amnesty to be lifted? 

I have the last 90 day which came due in May (skipped by permission) You are saying that is all you need? No TM47 

I figured I would still need a trip to a copy shop to get; 

* face page passport & current visa,

* arrival departure card,

* the 90 day notice I have in passport

Yes / No    ?

Jomtien this morning, I would be surprised if it took more than two minutes to effect 90 day report, which expired on July 20. Definitely recommend not waiting for amnesty to end. Next renewal date October 12

16 hours ago, The Theory said:

Online is the best. Hassle free. Unless you really miss immigration officers. 

When it works... Now both the website and Android app are not working for me. So I'll have to do the two-hour trip to immigration soon.

24 minutes ago, SymS said:

When it works... Now both the website and Android app are not working for me. So I'll have to do the two-hour trip to immigration soon.

Don't worry about doing it now. They are not required until after the 31st.

I have already skipped one that was due in April and would have one due  today if they were needed.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Don't worry about doing it now. They are not required until after the 31st.

I have already skipped one that was due in April and would have one due  today if they were needed.

I tried to do one 90-day report in May via the Android app, and I could go through, but it remains "pending" to this day.  So I tried again yesterday because I understood that we had until July 31st to do the 90-day report based on some other comments, and news about visa amnesty.

Friday morning 915, pre filled out TM47,  two cars in front and a 6 minute wait total. Then out the gate. Friday, so a buzz of activity but not packed by any means. Happy to get that 90 day done before the gang rush begins.