Can farangs fly domestic?

Flew Chiang Rai - Bangkok and return July 9-14.  No problems.  Always had to wear a mask.  I used Thai Smile.  They did control the deplaning at both locations.  In Bangkok they allowed one side of aisle seats to plane then the other side then did the same thing for the window seats.  In Chiang Rai they started at the front on the plane and allowed 3 rows at a time to leave.  All others remained seated.  In Bangkok I had to scan a QR code, fill out a form and upload it.  The lovely Thai lady helping me made the experience better.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-halts-flights-egyptian-breaks-quarantine-virus-113758665.html

this news says thailand banned all inbound flights from 15 july

Is English your second language?  I'll translate for you "has bannned inbound flights" as in flights originating overseas  into Thailand not Domestic Flights in Thailand.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Is English your second language?  I'll translate for you "has bannned inbound flights" as in flights originating overseas  into Thailand not Domestic Flights in Thailand.

thanks, didnt read carefully lol

im in the middle of visa panic attack ????

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

Used Bangkok air today lampang Bkk  no problems just need mask  but no wter or food served 

is ok  

Bangkok Suvambama  airport very quiet   

went through  visa  control and they wrote under my exit stamp late departure due to Covid 19  

i have been here since February 2020 on o visa 

maybe next week things will be different due to amnesty or no amnesty 

all that stay good luck 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Paiman said:

It is good if you have a Thai pick you up at the airport. They get the feeling you are taken care of and won't bother you too much.

That was almost necessary back at the beginning in May (except when flying into Bangkok) but is no longer the case now.

6 hours ago, LALes said:

I flew BKK-Phuket on Monday.  Piece of cake.  Only thing different was empty middle seats and masks.  Flight was surprisingly full.  Even 3 across in a few rows.

I thought they ended the social distancing restrictions on domestic flights.

No problem yesterday. Khon Kaen to Bangkok return. Thai Smile. With wife to renew her Schengen visa so we can both leave if amnesty for me here  is not extended. Temp checks every five minutes it seemed. First time I've had to wear a mask pretty much all day.

Bizarre  Covid  registration process at Suvarnabhumi to get the return flight. Resulted in a filled form  told we must keep for 14 days. Very very quiet there! Very very quiet at Central Chidlom which we, unfortunately for me. had time to visit.

Note to self must get a QR scanner app on my tablet.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:59 AM, Paiman said:

It is good if you have a Thai pick you up at the airport. They get the feeling you are taken care of and won't bother you too much.

And who exactly is checking that?