Amnesty question

8 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Same time will happen in September if this is true, but Reuters isn't the Thai government so who knows. Better be prepared.

The Superior "know it all elite" will face the music now or in September.

True of course...............BUT....Immigration Bureau Commissioner Sompong Chingduong told Reuters.????????

And Reuters are not in the habit or just making up stories.

Edited by john terry1001

31 minutes ago, innosiem said:

you made a comment replying to mine
stating i was not clever for being on ME visa, an insult 
yet you know nothing about me or others

"I make a point on doing things correctly the first time "
so are the people with ME visas
there is nothing incorrect about them

i am not really sure what the rest of your post is about
we can drop shorts if you like
i never made any assumptions about you
but yet you are quick to assume about others

Not everyone with ME visa is "avoiding money in bank" 
some of us just choose to use ME visa
there is nothing inferior about it, it is just a preference
just as i prefer to not visit immigration, not due to negative experiences from immigration officers
but i don't queue whenever possible
so would much prefer a week away, than a half day at immigration
surrounded by moany old buggers
who think they are better than everyone else????

My reply was to your arrogant post that about traveling  and enjoying your time away. I have never had to spend a half day at Immigration but maybe I'm lucky or smart or both. I generally prefer staying in Thailand or Laos because I speak the language which makes interactions with the people easier. With me money is more about how much we leave for our kids, but they really are OK without it. If someone gets an Non O w/ ME there is nothing stopping travelling as often as desired. However with the borders shut it's not a current option. 

As far as the beaches, most are over run with tourists and/or falongs so I don't go often. Beaches in the US are much cleaner also. 

3 hours ago, innosiem said:

why would i state anything about any immigration office i CANNOT use ?

i mentioned Jomtien as that would be the office i would need to visit
i then proceeded to state
"something i would MYSELF prefer to avoid"

Every other office is of no concern to myself
the same applies when i consider what visa i want to use etc.
(not forgetting the reports on TVF of Jomtien IO being problematic for 1 year marriage extensions if not through an agent)
i will take a week away relaxing over a day at Jomtien immigration, any day.

Back when the embassies stopped issuing income letters here was considerable talk here on avoiding moving money  into the bank or monthly transfers. Some chose to make a visa yearly and do border run every three months. In fact there were also threads on long lines at the Thai consulate in Laos. Some even required appointments w/o walkins. Therefore saying this was an easier ways was not true,  it did avoided either the 400K or 800K in the Thai bank. I don't know about your investments but interest on 400K or 800K can't be that much. 

It really doesn't matter because border jumping will probably be something in the past. Regarding Marriage extension, I've never done one. They require a second visit and a home visit in most places. The IO I've talked to don't like to do them either. I just transfer 65K plus month and use it to live on. The money in the bank is for emergencies or whatever.

7 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Back when the embassies stopped issuing income letters here was considerable talk here on avoiding moving money  into the bank or monthly transfers. Some chose to make a visa yearly and do border run every three months. In fact there were also threads on long lines at the Thai consulate in Laos. Some even required appointments w/o walkins. Therefore saying this was an easier ways was not true,  it did avoided either the 400K or 800K in the Thai bank. I don't know about your investments but interest on 400K or 800K can't be that much. 

It really doesn't matter because border jumping will probably be something in the past. Regarding Marriage extension, I've never done one. They require a second visit and a home visit in most places. The IO I've talked to don't like to do them either. I just transfer 65K plus month and use it to live on. The money in the bank is for emergencies or whatever.

its not about the 400k this is the point
some here seem to think everyone that has an ME visa,
does not have funds for a 1 year extension and should be kicked out
many others simply choose to use the ME visa
simply a matter of preference
1 year extensions are not superior
you are not superior

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, innosiem said:

its not about the 400k this is the point
some here seem to think everyone that has an ME visa,
does not have funds for a 1 year extension and should be kicked out
many others simply choose to use the ME visa
simply a matter of preference
1 year extensions are not superior
you are not superior

Not superior but easier if you can do it.

I really don't care about the superior / inferior thing, those are your terms. If you don't like going to immigration hire an agent, easy. 

Edited by checkered flag

1 hour ago, checkered flag said:

Not superior but easier if you can do it.

I really don't care about the superior / inferior thing, those are your terms. If you don't like going to immigration hire an agent, easy. 

why do i need to hire an agent

if i have a choice, i would choose not to get the 1 year extension
if i do not have a choice
i will obviously get the 1 year extension

• Like 1

22 hours ago, checkered flag said:

If that's what you say it OK? At least superior to the complainers and malcontents.

You shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. many have perfectly valid reasons for being on a visa which is not any of your business and certainly not to criticise.

Last year I made a conscious decision to abandon an extension in favour of a visa and it is not a problem. i was supposed to do a border bounce to the UK in May and then another in August but unfortunately a spanner got in the works. 

The government couldn't have handled it better I am just sitting waiting until I have to decide which of the options open to me to pursue. No sweat and nothing clever about it..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush. many have perfectly valid reasons for being on a visa which is not any of your business and certainly not to criticise.

Last year I made a conscious decision to abandon an extension in favour of a visa and it is not a problem. i was supposed to do a border bounce to the UK in May and then another in August but unfortunately a spanner got in the works. 

The government couldn't have handled it better I am just sitting waiting until I have to decide which of the options open to me to pursue. No sweat and nothing clever about it..

I'm hoping somewhere, anywhere will open their borders normally.

Then it'll be bye, bye Thailand.

I was stupid to leave Cambodia when the borders first closed, I could have stayed on there for $300/year, and no immigration nonsense.

20 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Some chose to make a visa yearly and do border run every three months. In fact there were also threads on long lines at the Thai consulate in Laos. Some even required appointments w/o walkins. Therefore saying this was an easier ways was not true,

Were 5 people in the queue with me in Saigon, was out the door within 10 minutes of them opening.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Were 5 people in the queue with me in Saigon, was out the door within 10 minutes of them opening.

Not my fault the stupids went to Laos.

I also went to HCMC, about half a dozen in front of me, I was paused and then called in, others were filling in forms and I went straight to the window, 7/8 minutes and out at the most.

When I went to collect it was raining and as I had an umbrella was first in, out in about 2 minutes flat. 

About 30 baht each way from the hotel, couldn't be easier. 

• Like 2