UK-born Islamic State recruit can return from Syria to challenge citizenship removal

webfact

24 minutes ago, samran said:

No a fair minded person would say she deserves to come back, have a fair trial and be locked away for a good portion of her natural life. 

I believe the issue with this is she hasn't really committed any serious crime by UK law. Joining a terrorist organization carries something like a max 10 year sentence, out after a few years. If they can even prove that. Plus there will be the excuse she was just a child of 15 years when she ran off to join the islamic state. Apparently a child of 15 is able to be a top world climate expert, yet is unable to be fully held accountable for her behavior on account of still being a child.

Better she is tried under Syrian law where she committed her crimes and punished over there, like everybody else in the world. I hear they don't do slapped wrists over there. It would be firing squad or something befitting. After that, we can talk.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

She is not coming back to the UK ,to face any charges ? am i correct ?

she is coming back to try and get her British citizenship back ,if she

does not get it,authorities will have a job deporting her again.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Remind us, what did Magna Carta say about ‘Banishment’, Exile’ and the ‘Right to come and go without let or hinder’?

I'll remind you that she is not just a devious ISIS housewife, she served in the "ISIS morality police", was allowed to carry a Kalashnikov rifleand also tried to recruit other young women to join the jihadist group, She puts Sharia first, to be clear. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/shamima-begum-isis-syria-morality-police-suicide-belts-a8869016.html

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Opl said:

I'll remind you that she is not just a devious ISIS housewife, she served in the "ISIS morality police", was allowed to carry a Kalashnikov rifleand also tried to recruit other young women to join the jihadist group, She puts Sharia first, to be clear. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/shamima-begum-isis-syria-morality-police-suicide-belts-a8869016.html

I don't believe that there is any situation where the principles of English Law are modified depending upon the crime allegedly committed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Multiple of topic posts generalizing  about Muslims and deflecting the topic to include grooming gangs have been removed, please stay on topic or your post will be removed and you will be going on holiday as this is trolling:

UK-born Islamic State recruit can return from Syria to challenge citizenship removal

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How do you know that She hasnt killed anybody ?

Was the Kalashnikov she carried around with her her just a fashion accessory ?

Are you American? Maybe if she open carried an AR15 it would be OK?

She was 15 when she left the UK. 15.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

HMG are under no obligation to grant her a passport or to physically go and get her but nothing would surprize me these days.

HMG do not intend to reinstate her British citizenship and so grant her a British passport. If they did, then there would be no need for her appeal!

Whether that appeal is successful or not is a matter for the courts. I, for one, am glad to live in a democracy where the rule of law applies to all and everyone has access to the courts; even those whose ideologies I find abhorrent.

I have seen no reports that HMG intend to go and get her or even pay for her to return to the UK. If you have such, no doubt you can produce it.

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

In the 21st century I see no reason why she or her legal team can't access the court remotely as happens routinely with ODC's ('Ordinary Decent Criminals' as they are commonly referred). 

Yes, there are cases where witnesses in criminal cases who are outside the UK can give their evidence via video link: Witnesses outside the United Kingdom - video link. But as can be seen, this does not apply to the defendant. For the defendant to appear before the court via video link they have to be in custody in the UK.

However, all that is moot because this is a civil case, not a criminal one. Whilst video conferencing can be used in civil cases, the following applies

The Access to Justice Act, 1999 allows VC to be used for civil hearings, e.g. case management conferences, ancillary relief hearings, overseas or remote witnesses or in any civil cases in which the court directs the use of video and the parties involved consent to its use.

(Source)

Note it says "overseas or remote witnesses." Begum is not a witness, she is the plaintiff.

If the court were to consider directing the use of video conferencing, both the plaintiff, Begum, and the defendant, HMG, would have to agree to it's use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

She is not coming back to the UK ,to face any charges ? am i correct ?

she is coming back to try and get her British citizenship back ,if she

does not get it,authorities will have a job deporting her again.

regards Worgeordie

That doesnt make sense.

They cannot strip citizenship if it leaves a person stateless.

If she doesnt get her citizenship it will have been proved she is not stateless so can be deported to that country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

How do you know that She hasnt killed anybody ?

Was the Kalashnikov she carried around with her her just a fashion accessory ?

The onus is on the accuser to say she has.

• Haha 2

On 7/17/2020 at 9:33 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Nonsense. She would NEVER be expelled/deported again from the UK. You know this.

For sure, once this person has shown up in the UK, and had several days in Court, the Human Rights Brigade will campaign for her to stay.

Who is going to pick up  the bill for her protection ?. From the moment she steps off a Plane. 

This Woman will need 24 Hour 365 Day protection for the rest of her natural life if she tries to remain in the UK, such will be the level of hatred toward her for Her actions and lack of remorse.

If she is given a Prison Sentence, she will have to spend all of that in Solitary for her own protection.

Bagum will not be able to walk in the open Air, as other people do.

I know its not an easy subject to deal with, but the Government have really opened a can of worms on this one. 

• Like 2

Topical update of particular interest to the poster who Rhubarbed the use of this image earlier in the thread:

image.jpeg.234a9b6eaf8ac9f3d00d8beb3e2185dd.jpeg

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer led the charge to allow Islamic State bride Shamima Begum to return to the UK last year – despite fears she would endanger British lives.

As a member of Jeremy Corbyn’s Shadow Cabinet, Sir Keir said in March 2019 that stripping Begum of her British citizenship ‘was the wrong decision’ and ‘a rushed decision’.

The Mail on Sunday later published details of top-secret briefings about the Bethnal Green runaway....

Revealed: Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer led the charge to allow ISIS bride Shamima Begum to return to Britain amid signs of a split among Tory MPs

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Did you read the article in your rush to repost a part of a post which was deleted because it was off topic?

Doubtful, for had you done so you would have seen that many Tory MPs, including Tobias Ellwood, chairman of the Commons Defence Select Committee, agree with him!

Even if you hadn't bothered to read the article, there's a big hint in the headline!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Did you read the article in your rush to repost a part of a post which was deleted because it was off topic?

Doubtful, for had you done so you would have seen that many Tory MPs, including Tobias Ellwood, chairman of the Commons Defence Select Committee, agree with him!

Even if you hadn't bothered to read the article, there's a big hint in the headline!

Nice try 49 but the article is dated TODAY therefore cannot possibly have been reposted. Given your hair-trigger do you seriously think I'd offer myself on a platter?

Finger Pressing Report Button Business Concept Stock Photo (Edit ...

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1