Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

UK-born Islamic State recruit can return from Syria to challenge citizenship removal

webfact

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

She's not a Bangladeshi citizen.

She may have been born in Britain, but she left to join a terrorist group, her and her kind are not wanted by the vast majority of British people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, simple1 said:

irrelevant, to repeat she is not a Bangladeshi citizen.

It does not matter what countrys citizen she is, she left Britain to marry a terrorist, she should never get back.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

So now traitors can sue the government after they completely escaped punishment and merely lost their passport.

How is this woman not imprisoned for treason in the UK?

Who is sueing the government?

She is not in the UK, which is the issue at hand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Have you been to Tower Hamlets recently?

You want to show proof the UK is almost under Islamic rule, as was claimed, or the same for Tower Hamlets?

You have achieved neither btw.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jaiyen said:

And I suppose the UK government will charter a private jet to bring her to London ? And put her up in a nice hotel ?

I do hope our Majesty the Queen will be there , to welcome the victim back home to UK ..

1 hour ago, samran said:

Well she could have been, which would have been a neater ending.

But the government decided to rush things and strip her of her citizenship - arguably unlawfully.

I get that people want to punish her. It could have been done in a much better way than via the mess which has been created.

Begum served in ISIL's "morality police", and also tried to recruit other young women to join the jihadist group. She was allowed to carry a Kalashnikov rifle and earned a reputation as a strict enforcer of ISIL's laws, such as dress codes for women. Additionally, an anti-ISIL activist told The Independent that there are separate allegations of "Begum stitching  suicide bombers into explosive vests so they could not be removed without detonating".

Sooooo a traitor who joined ISIL, worked in ISIL's morality police, reknown for their extreme cruelty, and she is not being imprisoned.

As soon as she comes to the UK she should be thrown in prison for treason.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

No you don't. That is merely a trite, empty string of words which, in that order, have no meaning whatsoever outside Hollywood movies and the sabre rattling rhetoric of armchair generals. 

Yes, you do! Why do you think the cops are mostly lagging behind? Because they have to obey laws and criminals don’t! 

As far as my trust in courts go, it’s probably going to come down to that a person can’t be citizenship less if said person has only one, hence they have to let her be a UK citizen. For her transgressions she’s gonna get some jail time and that’s that. Mark my words! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

From the BBC website

So why has she not gone to Bangladesh ?

Because she is not a bangladesh citizen. She has to apply for that and given she hasnt that means she is stateless. Which is against the law. Which is why its being appealed.

Do you want to deny citizens the right to due process?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I agree that her sentence should be harsh, but it must be applied in accordance with the laws, through the courts, and she must have the same rights before the law as you or I.

As for fighting evil with its own weapons - emphatically no. In many years as a professional soldier I encountered, and "crossed swords" with a variety of terrorist and other organisations, who used some very "evil" methods. To fight back using the same methods may lead to short term tactical victory, but it does not resolve the problems, if anything it makes them worse, stokes the fires.

I’m not saying go down there and act the same way as ISIS does. What I mean by that is to screw her rights because she didn’t give one flying you know what I mean about human rights of others when she joined them! Take her citizenship, refuse her the right to appeal it for her betrayal on humanity and let her rot wherever she is right know to set an example for all the other idiots who are thinking to join them! 

You can say what you want, but some people just can’t be reasoned with and the only language they understand is who’s got the bigger stick! iSIS belongs into that category and they need to be completely eradicated! 

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Yes, you do! Why do you think the cops are mostly lagging behind? Because they have to obey laws and criminals don’t! 

As far as my trust in courts go, it’s probably going to come down to that a person can’t be citizenship less if said person has only one, hence they have to let her be a UK citizen. For her transgressions she’s gonna get some jail time and that’s that. Mark my words! 

Which she could well do. But that isnt the issue she is contesting.

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

We all know once back she will never leave again, soft sentence followed by the usual asylum claim. Asylum claims drag on for years and then she will have family reasons to stay or have a cat and will be claiming she would be raped or killed if sent to Bangladesh etc. Unfortunately she is not the only Islamic war criminal waiting in the wings to take advantage of the country they swore they hated.

There will be no need for an asylum claim. Her British citizenship will be restored. She will be put on trial.  Several hundred more will return.

This is happening because the US is putting intense pressure on the UK (and other countries) to take back their former ISIS members and put them on trial.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

We all know once back she will never leave again, soft sentence followed by the usual asylum claim. Asylum claims drag on for years and then she will have family reasons to stay or have a cat and will be claiming she would be raped or killed if sent to Bangladesh etc. Unfortunately she is not the only Islamic war criminal waiting in the wings to take advantage of the country they swore they hated.

Why would she claim asylum when she is a citizen?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Which she could well do. But that isnt the issue she is contesting.

Have you replied to the guy you wanted to reply to because I don’t get what you mean with “which she could well do”?

7 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I’m not saying go down there and act the same way as ISIS does. What I mean by that is to screw her rights because she didn’t give one flying you know what I mean about human rights of others when she joined them! Take her citizenship, refuse her the right to appeal it for her betrayal on humanity and let her rot wherever she is right know to set an example for all the other idiots who are thinking to join them! 

You can say what you want, but some people just can’t be reasoned with and the only language they understand is who’s got the bigger stick! iSIS belongs into that category and they need to be completely eradicated! 

So you are ok with the UK breaking its own laws whenever it feels like it. Quite the dangerous slope to slide down.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

Have you replied to the guy you wanted to reply to because I don’t get what you mean with “which she could well do”?

I mean she could well do prison time. But thats not what she is contesting. She is only contesting revoking her citizenship which leaves her stateless, which is illegal.

The UK jumped the gun and now its a mess. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sujo said:

I mean she could well do prison time. But thats not what she is contesting. She is only contesting revoking her citizenship which leaves her stateless, which is illegal.

The UK jumped the gun and now its a mess. 

Exactly! She’ll get it back. That’s why I’m all for introducing new legislation that allows for people to be stateless and make an example out of her! Screw her! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I trust you’ll allow for the due process of, investigation, gathering evidence, prosecutorial review, charging, trial and conviction/acquittal.

No. Some on here only want due process to the real brits, the white ones. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

What could be better?! Soon as she gets to the UK throw her in prison for 15 years for treason.

I don't see the problem here. 

How is she not being prosecuted for treason?

If she wins her appeal she won’t need to apply for asylum.

If she wins her appeal she won’t need to apply for asylum.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I trust you’ll allow for the due process of, investigation, gathering evidence, prosecutorial review, charging, trial and conviction/acquittal.

She's given tons of interviews, so have the witnesses, you really think there is any doubt she joined ISIL and was in the morality police, carried a kalashnikov and sewed up suicide bombers?

Good thing the EU is not paying for the trial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1