U.S. swoops down on Portland protesters after Trump order to protect monuments

rooster59

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

repeating the same over and over again. I'm sure by now you believe it yourself.

I'm out of here.

Yes the ignore button is your friend when people continue to post the same thing over and over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It is not an exact quote. Unfortunately I can't quote myself since I am on a phone plus I can't open the article anymore without opening an account.

I disagree with your interpretation of the article, your quote is not correct, your comparison with the Arkansas situation is not justified due to different circumstances, you keep on repeating the same over and over again. I'm sure by now you believe it yourself.

I'm out of here.

You are not the only one to think the decision is dodgy and you ate correct about eisenhower not using it the same way. Which is why its heading to the courts.

Trump certainly has a bad batting average in the courts.

https://today.tamu.edu/2020/06/05/can-the-president-really-order-troops-into-us-cities/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2020 at 5:52 PM, Heppinger said:

How would i know how a WW2 vet would respond to the use of flamethrowers?  The two WW2 vets that i'm related to didn't use one, to my knowledge.  Though flamethrowers were widely used by allied troops during WW2. 

You stated the following:

:blink: There is EVERYTHING questionable about using flamethrowers on ANY living creature ... ALWAYS!! under any and all administration. 

I'm suggesting that the WW2 vets that did use them may disagree with your statement. 

Was it not used in Vietnam as well ?

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

The comparison with Eisenhower sending federal troops to enforce US law in Little Rock is perfectly valid,

Portland authorities did not request Federal assistance with law enforcement, There is not a valid comparison at all, including the circumstances.

https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=89

• Thanks 2

Just now, Chiphigh said:

Sure, but then they don't care if federal property is destroyed. The leftist idiot mayor invited these violent mobs to disrupt ice agency buildings a few years ago to play to the progressive sjw antifa clowns. 

Which has nothing to do with the little rock-portland comparison.

• Like 1

A post using offensive Nazi references has been removed.

A post using a video from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

2 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Let's get this straight. Trump is blamed for the pandemic because it's the states responsibility to direct public health, close businesses etc. Trump blew the covid response when he gave them everything the states requested, developed advisory teams of experts. Now, when the anarchy mob wants to burn down or loot federal building and facilities, and the liberal governors and mayors  do nothing, he blamed for protecting our assets. 

It's a pandemic. It makes no sense to say it's only the states' responsibility. Unless, of course, you  believe that viruses don't cross state lines. Trump has the authority under the Defense Act to compel private business to produce whatever is necessary to combat the disease including PPE. He has mostly refused to do so. There is still a critical shortage of PPE. Health care workers are getting sick and dying because of the lack of it. That's just one of the many ways that President Trump has failed in his duty during this pandemic.

Under the law, Trump has all the authority he needs to lead the protect American citizens from the pandemic. The only things he seems intent on using his authority for is to protect buildings and monuments.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Exactly. I can't believe the media has not noticed this. All the violence and chaos is in democrat run states. Well, the media might not have noticed, but I'm pretty sure Joe Public has. In November they have a clear choice of voting for anarchy under the dems, or law and order under Trump. Never mind the pink rinse frumps and tattooed love puppies in black, it is an easy choice for normal, balanced voters. 

The media has noticed it all right. They're mission is to craft and maintain a narrative so inconvenient facts are avoided

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Exactly. I can't believe the media has not noticed this. All the violence and chaos is in democrat run states. Well, the media might not have noticed, but I'm pretty sure Joe Public has. In November they have a clear choice of voting for anarchy under the dems, or law and order under Trump. Never mind the pink rinse frumps and tattooed love puppies in black, it is an easy choice for normal, balanced voters. 

They might just possibly notice stuff like this:

Trump administration pushing to block new money for testing, tracing and CDC in upcoming coronavirus relief bill

The Trump administration is trying to block billions of dollars for states to conduct testing and contact tracing in the upcoming coronavirus relief bill, people involved in the talks said Saturday.

The administration is also trying to block billions of dollars that GOP senators want to allocate for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and billions more for the Pentagon and State Department to address the pandemic at home and abroad, the people said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/07/18/white-house-testing-budget-cdc-coronavirus/

The public might also be noticing that President Trump continues to deny that infection rates are rising. Instead he blames the rise on more testing. Notwithstanding the huge rise in hospitalizations in states. Particularly those states that followed his advice. If he were of sound mind, I'd reckon he was lying. But given that he seems incapable of absorbing any more information than might fit into a soundbite, I suspect in his own incapable mind he thinks he's telling the truth.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

The States are the first responders. The federal government is there to provide support as needed and eliminate federal obstacles that hinder the states ability to respond. When the NY/NJ outbreak was on, Cuomo was provided 1000's of temporary hospital beds in the city and a 1000 bed hospital ship with medical staff. Cuomo chose to send the COVID overflow into nursing homes rather than utilize those federally provided beds. The lack of PPE and critical care equipment is a direct result of 30 years of US companies  basing their manufacturing in China. China hoarded up the available inventory during the weeks when they and the WHO were covering up the extent of the virus.   

What is this nonsense about the states are the first responders? So what? If a state is faced with flooding sure. But when you're faced with a pandemic, you can't leave it up to each individual state to choose its own strategy. Trump had and still has the legal authority to take charge of fighting the pandemic. And I noticed you have no answer for the fact that Trump refused to compel industry to produce PPE. That should have been done from day one.

12 minutes ago, Starmocihc said:

Yeah show up and operate as an Antifa commie terrorist, that's likely what's going to happen. 

If they are terrorists, they are remarkably bad ones. And given that they seem to confine their depredations to a 12 block area, they are also remarkably easy to avoid.

Edited by cantata
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Starmocihc said:

They're lucky to not be tossed from helicopters. 

You mean it's only luck that's keeping them from being tossed from helicopters? Your opinion of the Trump administration is even lower than mine.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cantata said:

If they are terrorists, they are remarkably bad ones. And given that they seem to confine their depredations to a 12 block area, they are also remarkably easy to avoid.

Until they start vandalising whole cities.

Below is a snapshot of the lawless destruction and violence of the past several weeks that Department of Homeland Security and its subcomponents of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Protection, and Federal Protective Service have faced:

• Violent anarchists surrounded and blocked law enforcement from the area as extremists proceeded to attack police with thrown projectiles and large mortar style fireworks.
  • Two Portland Police Bureau officers were injured by the crowd (possible concussion). 
  • Portland Police Bureau took five into custody for directing lasers against aircraft.
  • Violent anarchists set fires in front of Hatfield Courthouse and Chapman park.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/07/16/acting-secretary-wolf-condemns-rampant-long-lasting-violence-portland

"If" they are terrorists indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Until they start vandalising whole cities.

Below is a snapshot of the lawless destruction and violence of the past several weeks that Department of Homeland Security and its subcomponents of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Customs and Border Protection, and Federal Protective Service have faced:

• Violent anarchists surrounded and blocked law enforcement from the area as extremists proceeded to attack police with thrown projectiles and large mortar style fireworks.
  • Two Portland Police Bureau officers were injured by the crowd (possible concussion). 
  • Portland Police Bureau took five into custody for directing lasers against aircraft.
  • Violent anarchists set fires in front of Hatfield Courthouse and Chapman park.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/07/16/acting-secretary-wolf-condemns-rampant-long-lasting-violence-portland

"If" they are terrorists indeed.

“ Operation Legend was created as a result of President Trump’s promise to assist America’s cities that are plagued by recent violence”.

This started over a week ago in KC!

The FBI and other agencies have spear headed this under Barr’s request

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/attorney-general-william-p-barr-announces-launch-operation-legend

I like to see all the umbrella thugs arrested and put in jail

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Starmocihc said:

Yeah show up and operate as an Antifa commie terrorist, that's likely what's going to happen. They're lucky to not be tossed from helicopters. 

During this and other protests, that have turned violent! Have you ever seen the msm report on Antifa and Blm response to each other’s activities during the violence !

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cantata said:

It's a pandemic. It makes no sense to say it's only the states' responsibility. Unless, of course, you  believe that viruses don't cross state lines. Trump has the authority under the Defense Act to compel private business to produce whatever is necessary to combat the disease including PPE. He has mostly refused to do so. There is still a critical shortage of PPE. Health care workers are getting sick and dying because of the lack of it. That's just one of the many ways that President Trump has failed in his duty during this pandemic.

Under the law, Trump has all the authority he needs to lead the protect American citizens from the pandemic. The only things he seems intent on using his authority for is to protect buildings and monuments.

Trump did secure PPE, ventilators, critical workers and hospital beds, but these were sometimes refused by the states. In NY Coumo was on TV daily saying how great he was doing. Trump has respected states rights until it came to destroying federal property. The far left want to have it both ways, sorry, that's insane.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cantata said:

What is this nonsense about the states are the first responders? So what? If a state is faced with flooding sure. But when you're faced with a pandemic, you can't leave it up to each individual state to choose its own strategy. Trump had and still has the legal authority to take charge of fighting the pandemic. And I noticed you have no answer for the fact that Trump refused to compel industry to produce PPE. That should have been done from day one.

You will do everything to shift blame away from the lefty Dem Governors. If Trump had stepped in you would had call him a dictator and had overreached his authority. 

The far lefties like to reinvent the facts to fit their planned anarchy.

• Like 1

A troll post and the replies have been removed.

A post with a link to an unapproved YouTube source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

14 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Of course they wanted the federal facilities to burn, but what would happen if their homes were attacked? The Portland liberals or liberals are blinded by their hate of anything not far left. A bunch of intellectual morons. 

Are the major or governor from the 'far left', No - just  trump administration's usual hyperbole and divisiveness. I suggest you look up the concerns why regional  executives did not want Federal law enforcement resources, which do appear to have been accurately forecast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1