U.S. swoops down on Portland protesters after Trump order to protect monuments

rooster59

22 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

You needed to watch more. These mobs are organized and only purpose is to destroy society. The snowflake leaders in Portland have no idea that it probably includes them. Although the hard core is at the enter they are running the show and very vicious. The naive participants are uses as human pawns. When things go south for authorities they'll be lucky if there are police to protect them.

Wait until they start in Australia and will see how you feel.

You seem to know an awful lot about ANTIFA's inner workings and plans. Suspicious, that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bad boy 561 said:

Free thought doesn’t include destroying people’s property,they all need a good beating.send in the military.

People not involved at all were apprehended without explanations given by unmarked people in unmarked cars.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Are these pro antifa commenters American by any chance? I have my doubts and it would be important to know where their interests are.

I'm an American and I don't even know what antifa is....except that it stands for "anti-fascist."  It's more of an idea than any one organized group.  But honestly, shouldn't every decent American be against fascism?   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'm an American and I don't even know what antifa is....except that it stands for "anti-fascist."  It's more of an idea than any one organized group.  But honestly, shouldn't every decent American be against fascism?   

You are being duped by the perfidious ANTIFA, their "anti-fascism", "anti-racism" rhetoric is just a cover they use. Their real agenda is the overthrow of existing society, because they are marxists, anti-capitalist and they see everything that supports the current order, especially police, as the enemy to be destroyed. So they can set up their fantasy lefty anarchist la-la-land.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I think it's misleading to hide one's national identity and criticise another country's politics. These people do not have the US interest at heart. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

People not involved at all were apprehended without explanations given by unmarked people in unmarked cars.

It's hilarious, isn't it, people who make sure to wear black masks and hoodies so they're not recognised, complain when police don't identify themselves.

But of course you defend THEIR right to go incognito, but when police don't wear uniform the world ends and it's a dicatorship. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

If they were there they're involved  and should be questioned. I don't think there are a lot of tourists around in a violent mob.

• Like 1

Best not to attend a riot then.

Authoritarian government use this form of intimidation to scare people from their right to freedom of assembly, freedom of association and freedom of speech. Those constitutional rights should be familiar with Pompeo who have been criticizing China and Venezuela governments for the same action. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It's hilarious, isn't it, people who make sure to wear black masks and hoodies so they're not recognised, complain when police don't identify themselves.

But of course you defend THEIR right to go incognito, but when police don't wear uniform the world ends and it's a dicatorship. Lol.

People walking on the streets blocks away were apprehended.

20 minutes ago, Logosone said:

You are being duped by the perfidious ANTIFA, their "anti-fascism", "anti-racism" rhetoric is just a cover they use. Their real agenda is the overthrow of existing society, because they are marxists, anti-capitalist and they see everything that supports the current order, especially police, as the enemy to be destroyed. So they can set up their fantasy lefty anarchist la-la-land.

Oh, I see. So the hardcore Antifa followers are about as wacko as the QAnon dupes or the BoogieWoogies (sorry, can't remember the inane name)?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

BoogieWoogies (sorry, can't remember the inane name)

The Boogaloo Movement. Boogaloo followers are fixated on firearms and preparing for "another US civil war". All over TikTok, tend to be on the young side. 

Anywho, seems a real dumb hill for Democrats to die on coming up to an election and RIGHT AFTER Weeks of very public riots but hey, if y’all wanna circle your wagons around violent anarchists and communists destroying property in one of the most liberal cities - be my guest. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Oh, I see. So the hardcore Antifa followers are about as wacko as the QAnon dupes or the BoogieWoogies (sorry, can't remember the inane name)?

Wacho spoiled, leaches on society that haven't contributed anything. They are part of the liberal child upbringing that prevents any sort of school or parent discipline. I'm not into physical abuse but limits and consequences need to be clearly set. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The Boogaloo Movement. Boogaloo followers are fixated on firearms and preparing for "another US civil war". All over TikTok, tend to be on the young side. 

Were they present in Seattle or Portland? All I see on the videos are Antifa types. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

That's it. Knew it was something close to booger, very appropriate. Anyway, they should be disbanded, disarmed and each given a good old spanking and 1000 hrs of community service.

Just now, Phoenix Rising said:

That's it. Knew it was something close to booger, very appropriate. Anyway, they should be disbanded, disarmed and each given a good old spanking and 1000 hrs of community service.

Interesting. So it’s just hypocrisy and tribalism. Nothing to do with the law. Cool cool. 

Wacho spoiled, leaches on society that haven't contributed anything. They are part of the liberal child upbringing that prevents any sort of school or parent discipline. I'm not into physical abuse but limits and consequences need to be clearly set. 

So that's a yes then?