U.S. swoops down on Portland protesters after Trump order to protect monuments

rooster59

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

That's it. Knew it was something close to booger, very appropriate. Anyway, they should be disbanded, disarmed and each given a good old spanking and 1000 hrs of community service.

The same is due to the Antifa mob and their supporters. Most have never done hard work and it would be good for them. I might add, most have never done anything to benefit society.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

So that's a yes then?

In order to have a gun they need to pass a background check. This is the same for all US citizens. But if they are breaking laws, looting, burning, attacking police they need to be arrested and dealt with. Beating not included. Some might not fair well in jail though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

Wow you march a lot. But what do any of these have to do with Antifa which preaches anarchy and destruction. Probably foreign funded at least in part.

Antifa stands for antifascist, and surely no-one thinks that trump and co are fascists, so why does he label anyone who disagrees with him Antifa?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Antifa stands for antifascist, and surely no-one thinks that trump and co are fascists, so why does he label anyone who disagrees with him Antifa?

He doesn't.  However Antifa doesn't publish a membership rooster so you need to use other means to ID. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

He doesn't.  However Antifa doesn't publish a membership rooster so you need to use other means to ID. 

So a name synonymous with fighting fascism really applies to someone who disagrees with him???  

Very strange.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

It's hilarious, isn't it, people who make sure to wear black masks and hoodies so they're not recognised, complain when police don't identify themselves.

But of course you defend THEIR right to go incognito, but when police don't wear uniform the world ends and it's a dicatorship. Lol.

Didn't know USA citizens were required to identify themselves in public. On the other hand, we get them comments on here on how law enforcement forces arrested ANTIFA "leadership" etc. So guess they can identify specific people when the need arises.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, checkered flag said:

If they were there they're involved  and should be questioned. I don't think there are a lot of tourists around in a violent mob.

Define "involved" - anyone protesting? Even peacefully?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

No doubt there trouble makers on both sides, but which side is allowing theirs to roam free to destroy <deleted> 

There is no "theirs". There's no hierarchy such as you imply. I'm not even sure you'd want to go down that way, seeing as it would ultimately make Trump responsible for events in Charlottesville, for example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, checkered flag said:

The same is due to the Antifa mob and their supporters. Most have never done hard work and it would be good for them. I might add, most have never done anything to benefit society.

2 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Once again, apparently very much in the know when it comes to them elusive ANTIFA members. Curious.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/20/2020 at 2:50 PM, stevenl said:

On laptop now, so can see the NYT again and the text. Yes, you did quote correctly, as I said I could not see the original article anymore, think I opened it too many times, and had the intro text in my mind.

However your interpretation of the article is IMO totally wrong, and also your interpretation of the text "The Department of Homeland Security’s deployment of federal agents to Portland, Ore., has shown the broad legal authority an agency created to protect the United States from national security threats has to crack down on American citizens." is incorrect (also bad English but that is for a different discussion). It says the agency created the broad legal authority, an authority which is questioned in the article. I am much more in line with this, also from the article "“An interpretation of that authority so broadly seems to undermine all the other careful checks and balances on D.H.S.’s power because the officers’ power is effectively limitless and all encompassing,”"

The author's opinion is expressed in the intro, "The Department of Homeland Security can point to federal statutes protecting property to justify the arrests of protesters in Portland, Ore., but whether they stretched the law would be up to a judge.".

Trump has the right to send in federal forces to protect federal property till, or if SCOTUS says he doesn't.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Morch said:

There is no "theirs". There's no hierarchy such as you imply. I'm not even sure you'd want to go down that way, seeing as it would ultimately make Trump responsible for events in Charlottesville, for example.

I agree that they are just a mob looking for a rumble, but someone is paying the expenses as it's doubtful they have well paying jobs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Morch said:

Didn't know USA citizens were required to identify themselves in public. On the other hand, we get them comments on here on how law enforcement forces arrested ANTIFA "leadership" etc. So guess they can identify specific people when the need arises.

They'll be asked and detained if necessary. The federal officers are very professional but not sissies. The police are told to stand down, which only make things worse. 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Were they present in Seattle or Portland? All I see on the videos are Antifa types. 

Sure thing. You were there and can report.

"Antifa types"? Right.

I was simply corrercting the reference to this right-wing, domestic terrorist organiztion, Boogaloo, which is just one of the criminal, mob-like, right-wing, facist, racist, white-supremicist domestic terrorist organizations in the U.S.

Are they in Portland? I don't know? Maybe not needed when the Ministry of the Interior (DHS) has dispatched their own forces.

And why do they wear camo? 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Sure thing. You were there and can report.

"Antifa types"? Right.

I was simply corrercting the reference to this right-wing, domestic terrorist organiztion, Boogaloo, which is just one of the criminal, mob-like, right-wing, facist, racist, white-supremicist domestic terrorist organizations in the U.S.

Are they in Portland? I don't know? Maybe not needed when the Ministry of the Interior (DHS) has dispatched their own forces.

And why do they wear camo? 

The camo IDs them and lets the goons know they mean business. Just like the black hoodies and umbrellas ID the other group as panty waist mama boys.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

The camo IDs them and lets the goons know they mean business. Just like the black hoodies and umbrellas ID the other group as panty waist mama boys.

Well, I'm pretty sure that if you got into a scrape with some of those "panty waist mama boys" you'd be the one running to Mommy for comfort.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, checkered flag said:

So if they are mama boys they are no national threat then are they.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Well, I'm pretty sure that if you got into a scrape with some of those "panty waist mama boys" you'd be the one running to Mommy for comfort.

Not likely. Liberals and leftists have only the courage provided by a rabid mob. 

But I would be armed with all legal tools. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chiphigh said:

Not likely. Liberals and leftists have only the courage provided by a rabid mob. 

What a seriously intelligent generalization! Tell me, since trump is a cowardly draft dodger does that mean he's really a liberal leftist?

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/22/2020 at 5:53 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree that they are just a mob looking for a rumble, but someone is paying the expenses as it's doubtful they have well paying jobs.

"....but someone is paying the expenses..."

Do tell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1