How do Decent Thai women find Decent Expats in Thailand?

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So what? Back home I'd never have got as far as the front door with any women I wanted to do the hokey pokey with. Not being content with middle aged divorcees with children I was happy to connect with attractive women in Thai bars that were up for it with an old bald fat man. I got happy and so did they. What's wrong with a win win?

I get what you're saying, but it's rather sad that people don't value your character or your personality - only the contents of your wallet. If you're happy with that, it's fine, but I did detect a tinge of resentment from Brit Man, calling Thailand third world, when it isn't, and saying that everyone who works in Thailand is poor, which they aren't. Generally, people who say those things are upset because their lives have been a failure on one or another level, and they haven't managed to adjust to what a place is really like, i.e., pretty much the same as the place that they ran away from. 

Each to his own, and I hope you don;t get lonely in your old age.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Hmmm - most farang relationships with hookers seem end up costing far more than a bit of Sin Sot. Many foolish men come out with little more than the shirts on their backs.

If you want to rent it, that's fine. Others enjoy the companionship that marriage brings.

Thinking you and Brit Man have had a string of failed relationships with hookers? Taking a look in the mirror might help.

That's usually the men that get married.

I tried a live in relationship with a western women my age and a Thai woman in her 30s, and neither was very into companionship.

LOL. One doesn't have relationships with hookers, failed or not. They are there for sex only. If they become a long term relationship they ain't hookers any more.

3 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I get what you're saying, but it's rather sad that people don't value your character or your personality - only the contents of your wallet. If you're happy with that, it's fine, but I did detect a tinge of resentment from Brit Man, calling Thailand third world, when it isn't, and saying that everyone who works in Thailand is poor, which they aren't. Generally, people who say those things are upset because their lives have been a failure on one or another level, and they haven't managed to adjust to what a place is really like, i.e., pretty much the same as the place that they ran away from. 

Each to his own, and I hope you don;t get lonely in your old age.

I'd rather be lonely than live with a woman that dislikes me ( marriage ).

Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Sun.

“Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way”

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I get what you're saying, but it's rather sad that people don't value your character or your personality - only the contents of your wallet.

I did detect a tinge of resentment from Brit Man, calling Thailand third world, when it isn't, and saying that everyone who works in Thailand is poor, which they aren't.

1. My character and personality are lacking in every way, thank god that isn't impotent when bedding attractive women.

2. Until Thailand joins, NATO or the Soviet Bloc, I'm calling them 3rd world, no resentment, just definition.

As far as I'm concerned only poor foreigners need to work in Thailand, it's another definition.

Poor need to work to live, wealthy can live without working.

I believe I'm one of the few foreigners who truly has managed to adjust to what the place is really like.

I can have a woman and children at home, and go out to meet my gik at a love hotel, just like a Thai.

I can live on a low budget, not as low a budget as a Thai, but then I've always had enough money.

I can go out to a Karaoke and sing along to many of the popular Thai songs, not the fast songs, my Thai reading can't quite keep up.

As for loneliness in my old age, it's already here (old age that is).

Along with my 8 year old son, and my 22 year old Thai daughter.

They don't appear to be in any hurry to move out.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I've dated a few, and had the misfortune of working with some of those "educated", hi-so types. Arrogance, obsession with image, lack of work ethic, and yet high expectations. I could stayed in my overpriced, overrated US state for all that. It's one of the main reasons I, and I suspect many others had left. Why would we be looking for that again?

First you say that you don;t like arrogant and lazy people, either in the US or Thailand. I don't think that anyone does.

What point are you trying to make? If it's that all educated people are also arrogant and lazy, then you clearly haven't come across any decent people yet. Or, perhaps, educated people find you repellent and hold you at arms length, finding you crude and not wanting to give you the time of day. Have you considered that? 

I've always found that Thailand reflects the temperament of the observer. Not much different from back home, where nice people reject the company of people who have no manners or whom they find repulsive in one way or another. Back in the west, hookers and certain rogues always welcome such people, hoping that they can get whatever they can out of them before moving on to their next mark.

Just now, dbrenn said:

What point are you trying to make? If it's that all educated people are also arrogant and lazy, then you clearly haven't come across any decent people yet. Or, perhaps, educated people find you repellent and hold you at arms length, finding you crude and not wanting to give you the time of day. Have you considered that? 

Educated people in Thailand ........ 555

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Educated people in Thailand ........ 555

There are actually lots of them, any it will surprise you to learn that many are just as capable and successful as their peers in other countries. I've met them through work - good, honest and humble people who work very hard.

You've already told me that you haven't worked in Thailand, and I'm sure you won't meet many successful girls working in bars, so that's why you say what you do.

• Like 2

Just now, checkered flag said:

He's not referring to your personal friend or acquaintances. 5555

i always think of education and Yingluck ..... a PM who managed to buy a degree in English, without speaking a word of English.

I'm the most educated person I've ever met in Thailand.

Most of the foreigners appear to be unqualified schoolteachers, bloggers, or painters and decorators from Bolton.

9 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I've always found that Thailand reflects the temperament of the observer. Not much different from back home, where nice people reject the company of people who have no manners or whom they find repulsive in one way or another. Back in the west, hookers and certain rogues always welcome such people, hoping that they can get whatever they can out of them before moving on to their next mark.

In my experience I've met many well off charming, popular people with good manners that are bad people.

I try to take people as they are rather than define them by how wealthy they are or where they come from. Rudest people I've met were upper middle class trendy people.

• Haha 1

Just now, dbrenn said:

There are actually lots of them, any it will surprise you to learn that many are just as capable and successful as their peers in other countries. I've met them through work - good, honest and humble people who work very hard.

You've already told me that you haven't worked in Thailand, and I'm sure you won't meet many successful girls working in bars, so that's why you say what you do.

This goes around in loops.

You're poor so you only look for women who can contribute financially.

I'm not poor, so I only look for women with beauty (that I can get my hands on right away).

I can understand both our points of view, but can't see it's a good idea to move here until you're funded for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Exactly my experience too. Sometimes a little hard to meet though.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In my experience I've met many well off charming, popular people with good manners that are bad people.

I try to take people as they are rather than define them by how wealthy they are or where they come from. Rudest people I've met were upper middle class trendy people.

Again, there are good and bad people everywhere. But to say that Thailand is different in some way is plainly false.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

This goes around in loops.

You're poor so you only look for women who can contribute financially.

I'm not poor, so I only look for women with beauty (that I can get my hands on right away).

I can understand both our points of view, but can't see it's a good idea to move here until you're funded for the rest of your life.

Why do you keep thinking I'm poor. I'm not. In addition to physical attractiveness, I also value good personality and character in women. It's possible for such attributes to coexist. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just like back home, IMO.

• Like 2

Just now, dbrenn said:

I never worked in LOS, and liked the bar girls. Most were personable, charming and fun to be around. Given I was only there for a couple or three weeks and the hotel receptionist etc couldn't just go off with me to the beach I went with BGs that could. That's most farang's experience. I wasn't going to waste my time chatting up professional types in some horrid night club.

I met my future wife while on holiday, so wasn't looking when I retired there.

• Like 2

Thailand just no not provide the same opportunities.

Probably the dumbest most uneducated people I ever met were from the deep south of the US.

Some nice scenery, great food and BBQ but the general intelligence level seems very very low.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never worked in LOS, and liked the bar girls. Most were personable, charming and fun to be around. Given I was only there for a couple or three weeks and the hotel receptionist etc couldn't just go off with me to the beach I went with BGs that could. That's most farang's experience. I wasn't going to waste my time chatting up professional types in some horrid night club.

I met my future wife while on holiday, so wasn't looking when I retired there.

Nothing wrong at all with a BG.

I am not with one but most of my friends are.

The secret seems to be to get them out after only a short period working.

Otherwise or unless they are older and matured, they can be transformed into a total BG mentality that may not be suited for LT relationship success.  Simple things like going to sleep at a decent hour are unfamiliar and can be a struggle for them.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Thailand just no not provide the same opportunities.

Probably the dumbest most uneducated people I ever met were from the deep south of the US.

Some nice scenery, great food and BBQ but the general intelligence level seems very very low.

It all depends on what crowd in. Dumb people tend to seek out other dumb people.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Nothing wrong at all with a BG.

I am not with one but most of my friends are.

The secret seems to be to get them out after only a short period working.

Otherwise or unless they are older and matured, they can be transformed into a total BG mentality that may not be suited for LT relationship success.  Simple things like going to sleep at a decent hour are unfamiliar and can be a struggle for them.

So true.  A young peasant girl fresh off the farm may be one of the nicest girls you'd ever meet.  But a few months in that BG life totally transforms them.  It's not just the meaningless sex with random men, but the alcohol, drugs, partying every night, and being around some seriously screwed up people (other hardcore BGs and customers alike).  I met such a girl once on Loy Kroh in Chiang Mai and the young thing was so innocent you almost want to just drag her out of there.  Came back a few months later and the girl was wild, totally uninhibited and, yes, a hardcore BG.  No idea what she's up to now, but not easy to turn back the clock.   

Edited by Berkshire