Can I travel to thailand or will I not be allowed entry?

To be fair he is right, it's not hard to find out the restrictions, we are all just normal persons on here also that managed to do that. Personally I have missed two trips already, and have no clue when normal people will be allowed back, check with your own embassy also, they may have some guide lines

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel/can-you-enter-thailand-now-during-the-covid-19-crisis.php

Another one of these posts. Looks some people didn't get the message the world closed down late March.

But let's speculate a little - when will Thailand re-open without unreasonable restrictions?

Answer is whenever those keeping the borders closed agree to allow them to swing open, which would mean neighboring countries largely re-open in tandem. So what you'll probably see is after flights are restored, land borders will re-open (some people have speculated it could be the other way round, but my guess is flights will come first because disease control measures at land borders are not as well established).

Then, once all restrictions are dropped (or enough to allow relative freedom of movement) land borders will open. It could also be that Thailand and Myanmar agree on borders to re-open a few days or weeks before Thailand and Cambodia/Laos/Malaysia reach a similar agreement. Something like that.

When could this be? At the very earliest, sometime in September or October, but chances are, with the delay of the travel bubbles and only a few more categories of non-citizens allowed in next month but with quarantines (and the situation in other countries looks similar) I personally think November or December is more likely but even that's tentative.

In fact, most probably we won't be seeing freedom of movement until sometime in 2021.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sujo said:

Vietnam may be open sooner. Try there.

I doubt it. They have tentatively extended their closure until September. Similar to when Thailand sort of plans to re-open but under a "travel bubble" initiative.

2 hours ago, drbeach said:

I doubt it. They have tentatively extended their closure until September. Similar to when Thailand sort of plans to re-open but under a "travel bubble" initiative.

The travel bubble is dead before it started. No normal beople cannot come to Thailand unless you do the paper work, but you will still be denied. Even unnormal people will have a hard time coming.

• Haha 1

Poster's question ,perhaps not so naive as some think.

The EU have put Thailand in the Covid green " safe for you to go" category even though Thailand won't let you in at the border. It's also being wrongly interpreted on some travel advice sites that if coming from Thailand anyone can now enter the EU.

Yett last time I looked France is still strictly enforcing that only limited categories of persons from departure points outside the EU such as French nationals and French residents who are not French, nationals together with spouses and children. Also  students studying in France can enter. All are supposed to do 14 days voluntary quarantine at their French residence there. Thais would need a visa too, as before Covid, and again visas are only being issued to those in the limited categories. For some weeks the French visa service was not open at all.

• Like 1

I'm a US citizen.  Wife is Thai.   I'm guessing that her entry is allowed, and mine is going to require a bit more effort.  Anyone know what the current rules are?    

We are looking at staying for about 3-4 months, then it's back to US.   What is the best bet on visa for a 3-4 month stay when married to Thai?

3 minutes ago, madisongy said:

I'm a US citizen.  Wife is Thai.   I'm guessing that her entry is allowed, and mine is going to require a bit more effort.  Anyone know what the current rules are?    

We are looking at staying for about 3-4 months, then it's back to US.   What is the best bet on visa for a 3-4 month stay when married to Thai?

Your wife would be on a repat flight and face 14 day quarantine upon arrival.

You would be on long and difficult process to enter Thailand. Many current threads on the process. Re schedule your trip for 2021

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your wife would be on a repat flight and face 14 day quarantine upon arrival.

You would be on long and difficult process to enter Thailand. Many current threads on the process. Re schedule your trip for 2021

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time there are only repatriation flights available.

Your wife will have to apply for a certificate of entry, get a covid 19 test and have a fit to fly certificate. Then after arriving go into quarantine at a state facility unless your she reserves and pays for room at a hotel for the 14 days.

You would have to apply for a single entry non-o visa that allows a 90 day stay. Then you need the same doucment your wife will need plus a $100k US covid 19 insurance policy. Ant you would to pay for a designated hotel for the 14 day quarantine.

Probably not worth doing it for a 3 or 4 month trip.

Many thanks for the usual excellent replies, and advice on travel.   She has 7 months residency in US on the green card, so we will stay here and continue to rack up more toward the 18 she needs for citizenship app.  But this is good to know, in the event of a family emergency.