Adobe Flash Player

swissie

I am strictly a Compi-User. Whenever I bought a new Laptop, I had an IT guy install everything I needed and diden't bother about anything else.
Now I got a message from "Adobe Flash Player": Mozilla Firefox is no more allowing for updates and by the end of the year, Adobe F.P will basically be "phased out".

So, if I still want to look at streaming-stuff (u-tube etc etc), will I have to download another
"streaming-service"? Or is it?
If yes, what is to be recommended?
Thanks guys.

I dumped Adobe Flash from my computers ages ago but Firefox, Brave, Edge still play YouTube and other streaming media, Flash is redundant which is why it is being retired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swissie said:

Mozilla Firefox is no more allowing for updates and by the end of the year, Adobe F.P will basically be "phased out".

So, if I still want to look at streaming-stuff (u-tube etc etc), will I have to download another
"streaming-service"?

The Adobe Flash Player phaseout by 2020 was announced more than 3 years ago.

Most commercial content streaming sites have already successfully migrated or offer alternative streaming protocols like HTML5, WebGL, RTSP, apple HLS, adobe HDS and RTMP, MPEG-DASH; some of which are already backed into operating systems or web browsers.

The only issue with Flash Player going away is old content like videos, games, simulations, or graphically interactive website written specific to Flash Player will then become unavailable (*unless you have an old copy of the player or previous version web browser stashed away to specifically access it).

Adobe Flash Player has many issues, with multiple and ongoing security vulnerabilities being the biggest reason for its demise.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What is a Compi-User?

A Computer-User that needs this thing to communicate with Thai-Friends. The Pidgeons I used for communication have all been captured and eaten by starving Thais.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichCor said:

The Adobe Flash Player phaseout by 2020 was announced more than 3 years ago.

Most commercial content streaming sites have already successfully migrated or offer alternative streaming protocols like HTML5, WebGL, RTSP, apple HLS, adobe HDS and RTMP, MPEG-DASH; some of which are already backed into operating systems or web browsers.

The only issue with Flash Player going away is old content like videos, games, simulations, or graphically interactive website written specific to Flash Player will then become unavailable (*unless you have an old copy of the player or previous version web browser stashed away to specifically access it).

Adobe Flash Player has many issues, with multiple and ongoing security vulnerabilities being the biggest reason for its demise.

Thx RichCor,
I hope (I suppose) that I have been "migrated", without me knowing anything about it.
As long as it works, I dont even need to know where I have been Migrated to.
Although I can not find any new automatically installed "app" that would tell me where I have been "migrated" to.

2 minutes ago, swissie said:

I can not find any new automatically installed "app" that would tell me where I have been "migrated" to.

...people mostly don't know what machinations happen in the background.

YouTube moved away from Adobe's stuff a long long time ago and the Web Browser developers updated their stuff to use the newer available methods. So long as you keep your web browsers up to date then it should be taken care of.

1 hour ago, RichCor said:

YouTube moved away from Adobe's stuff a long long time ago and the Web Browser developers updated their stuff to use the newer available methods. So long as you keep your web browsers up to date then it should be taken care of.

2 hours ago, RichCor said:

Thanks, RichCor. Very helpful. I must have been "migrated" quite some time ago. Strange, that I still receive invitations to "update" Adobe Flash Player.
But as you said, there are many "machinations" in the background that users are not aware of.

- I have handled "machinations" by Thai-Ladies quite nicely in the past. But that happened strictly in an "analog-world".
Cheers and thx again.