Nearly one in six Britons would refuse Covid-19 vaccine

Yinn

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

Why Me

Because it is in the act of taking personal responsibility to discover "The Truth" that WE ALL can finally be set free. Until enough of us on this planet can discover the truth, we shall forever be, the why me generation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

"recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to the flu vaccine."

It is now well established that the decades work on the flu (Influenza A and B virus) vaccine is only 33% effective. And we cannot expect to see any "herd immunity" from this vaccine. And the SARS coronavirus Vaccine, despite over a decade of work, has been able to be realized... So now we are suppose to trust an experimental 18 month vaccine? Are you willing to be the lab rat? Because that is what you are going to be. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/vaccineeffect.htm

What are you rambling on about, I had the flu jab this year, company paid, to my knowledge have not had covid or if I did it was not noticeable. so was just wondering if perhaps those who passed on their flu jab turned out to be a high proportion of the dead? or not?

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Yinn said:

Nearly one in six Britons will refuse a coronavirus vaccine if and when one becomes available,

They are the sensible ones. I have no doubt that the vaccine will be rushed into production without sufficient testing on humans.

Lotsacash to be aquired by the first company to come up with the golden goose of a vaccine- it's all about money these days.

I probably won't even be a candidate for the vaccine, given my low priority, but I'm happy to wait a year or so to see what side effects come to light.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 473geo said:

What are you rambling on about, I had the flu jab this year, company paid, to my knowledge have not had covid or if I did it was not noticeable. so was just wondering if perhaps those who passed on their flu jab turned out to be a high proportion of the dead? or not?

I doubt any will ever know the answer to that, and certainly no one on here.

• Like 1

US to pay Pfizer, BioNTech nearly $2bn for COVID-19 vaccines

The Trump administration will pay Pfizer and Germany's BioNTech SE nearly $2bn for a December delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine the pharmaceutical companies are developing, the United States Department of Health and Human Services announced on Wednesday.

The US could buy another 500 million doses under the agreement.

The deal is part of President Donald Trump's Operation Warp Speed vaccine programme, under which multiple COVID-19 vaccines are being developed simultaneously. The programme aims to deliver 300 million doses of a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine by January 2021.

Link 

https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/pay-pfizer-biontech-2bn-covid-19-vaccines-200722130058951.html

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

So far so good!

The only way it won't come back and spread throughout the entire country is if it's already done that......

Herd immunity. Take it on the chin. 

The UK change opinion about that already. 

It not successful.

Bleach not successful same. 

Or hot season will go away. 

Think we need the vaccine.40A49FE9-E9CC-4BE2-952F-D640AC9AC01E.thumb.png.f157c43600acc6c50f05a0d2a82afa67.png

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Why Me said:

Ha, ha, love these threads which bring out the loons like moths to a flame. Lord, what would we do without loons. Flat earth loons, 5G loons, fake moon landing loons and now anti-vax loons. All sorts of entertainment for a slow day.

Remember a couple of months ago a flat earther went up in a homemade balloon to prove his theory and the balloon caught fire and the loon dived out and fell a mile in burning clothes. Which was sad mainly because we never got to hear his last words. Did he see the horizon? Did he say, fork, they were right all along, before jumping?

Entertained we might be but still we must treat loons with respect and compassion. Like we do all mentally slow people. If you see a grown man walking toward a ledge flapping his arms and making bird noises, you run and grab him, you don't point and laugh as he falls to his death.

Here's what to do with anti-vaxers specifically. We need to work in pairs. One hugs the loon and says, do you believe in isosceles triangles?, which will confuse and distract the loon. At which time the other guy pulls his pants down from behind and injects his butt with Moderna's C-19 vax. After which both run off. The loon will be mad but if he reproduces (sadly, they all do) you'll get a thank you note from his kid.

Strong contender for Stupidest Post of the Year.

Not one single argument, just a baseless comparison of Anti-vaxxers with Flat-earthers, and a failed attempt at humour in the last paragraph.

Yes, the first line of this tripe is correct > Ha, ha, love these threads which bring out the loons like moths to a flame.  Probably looking in the mirror when writing that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Why Me said:

Ha, ha, love these threads which bring out the loons like moths to a flame. Lord, what would we do without loons. Flat earth loons, 5G loons, fake moon landing loons and now anti-vax loons. All sorts of entertainment for a slow day.

Remember a couple of months ago a flat earther went up in a homemade balloon to prove his theory and the balloon caught fire and the loon dived out and fell a mile in burning clothes. Which was sad mainly because we never got to hear his last words. Did he see the horizon? Did he say, fork, they were right all along, before jumping?

Entertained we might be but still we must treat loons with respect and compassion. Like we do all mentally slow people. If you see a grown man walking toward a ledge flapping his arms and making bird noises, you run and grab him, you don't point and laugh as he falls to his death.

Here's what to do with anti-vaxers specifically. We need to work in pairs. One hugs the loon and says, do you believe in isosceles triangles?, which will confuse and distract the loon. At which time the other guy pulls his pants down from behind and injects his butt with Moderna's C-19 vax. After which both run off. The loon will be mad but if he reproduces (sadly, they all do) you'll get a thank you note from his kid.

It certainly brings out the loons, i did think that there were more oddballs and loons in Thailand  then percentage wise in the West. I think this thread really proves it. Never imagined so many anti vaxers.

All selfish people in it for the free ride. I got a little less compassion for them as they risk others.

I do agree with waiting a bit to be sure the vaccine is good. But that is common sense. Though with the eyes of the world on any vaccine good checks and peer reviews will be done.

Lets hope Thailand makes it mandatory and no visa's without them. This would at least get rid of a lot of them. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

It certainly brings out the loons, i did think that there were more oddballs and loons in Thailand  then percentage wise in the West. I think this thread really proves it. Never imagined so many anti vaxers.

All selfish people in it for the free ride. I got a little less compassion for them as they risk others.

I do agree with waiting a bit to be sure the vaccine is good. But that is common sense. Though with the eyes of the world on any vaccine good checks and peer reviews will be done.

Lets hope Thailand makes it mandatory and no visa's without them. This would at least get rid of a lot of them. 

Instead of attacking the Anti-Vaxxers, you should be thankful that so many are voluntarily willing to give up their place in the queue so that you can be 'served first'. 

Vaxxing everybody will take years, so save your rant on the free-riders till all the Happy Vaxxers did get their shot, before enforcing it on those with genuine concerns.

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Instead of attacking the Anti-Vaxxers, you should be thankful that so many are voluntarily willing to give up their place in the queue so that you can be 'served first'. 

Vaxxing everybody will take years, so save your rant on the free-riders till all the Happy Vaxxers did get their shot, before enforcing it on those with genuine concerns.

Lets see how Thailand reacts to you lot. I can only hope that they expel you all then at least you pay your price for your convictions. Its quite easy to stand up for your rights at no risk and no cost. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes, one in six refuse in Uk.

five in six TVF refuse! 

I see the same guys anti the mask, the social distance, anti tracking app, anti Greta, etc is anti vaxer same.

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

They not care risk others. Really. You post explain well WHY should vaxer, but they only care themself. 

They will not change. Sure. 

I think if immigration refuse them enter Thailand, only allow the people do it, will be perfect solution.

we get good behavior tourist come AND we not die covid.

If immigration say all foreigner must have it, what will they do? 

Agree or return back there country?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Is there a word in Thai for such an outlandish concept?

You not speak Thai? Why not? 

To understand the name Thailand, it must first be broken into its two constituent parts. Whilst “land” is easy to understand, the “Thai” part takes a little more explains. Not only does it mean “free”, Tai is also an ethnic group in the country, giving the word Thailand a double meaning of both “Land of the Free” and “Land of the Thai People”. Thailand being known as the “Land of the Free” is a huge source of pride for the Thai people; Thailand managed to retain its independence whilst the Western powers were carving up and stealing land in Southeast Asia and all around the world, and it’s referenced on the country’s national anthem.

Link 

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/thailand/articles/land-of-the-free-how-thailand-got-its-name/

USA think same “free”.

But is expensive. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Yes, one in six refuse in Uk.

five in six TVF refuse! 

I see the same guys anti the mask, the social distance, anti tracking app, anti Greta, etc is anti vaxer same.

They not care risk others. Really. You post explain well WHY should vaxer, but they only care themself. 

They will not change. Sure. 

I think if immigration refuse them enter Thailand, only allow the people do it, will be perfect solution.

we get good behavior tourist come AND we not die covid.

If immigration say all foreigner must have it, what will they do? 

Agree or return back there country?

Yes i too hope that immigration makes it impossible for those selfish loons to stay in Thailand. Why have people here who risks others and only think about themselves. 

Thankfully Thailand is a country that is not afraid to have such laws. In the west they can get away with it but probably not in Thailand. 

I think that if immigration says that all foreigners must have it some will try to bribe officials and others will go. Many will stay and suddenly forget about their convictions.

Lets wait and see what happens. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes i too hope that immigration makes it impossible for those selfish loons to stay in Thailand. Why have people here who risks others and only think about themselves. 

Thankfully Thailand is a country that is not afraid to have such laws. In the west they can get away with it but probably not in Thailand. 

I think that if immigration says that all foreigners must have it some will try to bribe officials and others will go. Many will stay and suddenly forget about their convictions.

Lets wait and see what happens. 

In your last three posts you have shown your 'true colors'.

This is not anymore about the pros and cons of mass-vaccination, but about you wanting to deport people that have a different conviction than yourself on vaccination and have genuine concerns.  Of course you are not interested in those concerns, demonizing them as selfish free-riders on the back of those that voluntarily want to get the shot, is much easier.  Sad...

Edited by Peter Denis

11 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

In your last three posts you have shown your 'true colors'.

This is not anymore about the pros and cons of mass-vaccination, but about you wanting to deport people that have a different conviction than yourself on vaccination and have genuine concerns.  Of course you are not interested in those concerns, demonizing them as selfish free-riders on the back of those that voluntarily want to get the shot, is much easier.  Sad...

No my true colors have always been that those who don't vaccinate need to pay the price. In this case i think the Thai immigration will do that for me. 

If you don't want to conform and keep your selfish attitude then pay the price. Its been explained that anti vaxers risk others who have vaxinated but are non responders or those that cant vaccinate because of certain medical conditions. The more anti vaxers there are the more risk those people have.

You have time and again put your own convictions before others. Thankfully Thailand will probably sort that out. 

Lets wait and see how strong your convictions are when the time comes. Or maybe I am totally wrong and the Thais won't make it mandatory. But given the strict regulations now i see the chances of them going my way as better then average.

Its time that anti vaxers learn that their deeds are selfish. In my country the bible belt anti vaxers have put many others at risk. Diseases that were gone came back because of their selfish attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Yinn said:

You not speak Thai? Why not? 

Our mistake, as we settled in Issan right after I moved to Thailand. We should have spent a couple of years in a larger city where proper Thai Language schools (such as AUA) are available.

As far as the "Land of free" is concerned it simply refers to the fact that the Colonialists (apparently) never took control of the country. We people of the great democracies of Western Europe and North America conceive freedom as the freedom of individuals and countries. Thailand, as a country, managed to remain (apparently) free but Thai people, by western standards, have never been free as individuals. 

And yes, freedom is expensive, and we are proud of paying the price for it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Nothing you listed contributes to the spread of the virus.

What you are doing is reaping the benefits that mass vaccination will allow (reopening economies, herd immunity, a resumption of air travel etc) while not actually taking part yourself.

My point is the vaccination will cost very little while a stay in intensive care in a hospital cost an astronomical fee.

If you refuse a corona vaccine then the rest of us should not be obliged to pay for your decision. You either need to pay for any consequent corona treatment yourself or obtain insurance to cover it because protection was offered and you declined it.

farangs pay their own bill or insurance

so to whom are you referring ???

you don't pay for me and I don't pay for you

get your vaccine and feel safe

and please stay home, outside is dangerous for people like you

generation snowflake has infiltrated the boomers ?

4 hours ago, robblok said:

f you don't want to conform and keep your selfish attitude then pay the price. Its been explained that anti vaxers risk others who have vaxinated but are non responders or those that cant vaccinate because of certain medical conditions. The more anti vaxers there are the more risk those people have.

anti vaxxers (or enlightened) are less than 1 percent of the population

so what is everybody moaning about

the 99 percent of sheeple will take your vaccine blindly

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Its time that anti vaxers learn that their deeds are selfish. In my country the bible belt anti vaxers have put many others at risk. Diseases that were gone came back because of their selfish attitude. 

you refer to bible belt ?

in my country, neighbor of you, it is ISLAMIC people not following the rules, no masks, mass meatings, etc....    wrong religion to blame ... you have a lot of those also in "the netherlands", and where they live = trouble

let's see what happens during ramadam...

4 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Thailand, as a country, managed to remain (apparently) free but Thai people,

Thai people love this

reality is, Thailand was like swiss of asia

neutral between the 2 super powers that were FRANCE & GREAT BRITAIN

they did not want to go to war over this piece of land

ouch if you can't handle the truth

10 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

anti vaxxers (or enlightened) are less than 1 percent of the population

so what is everybody moaning about

the 99 percent of sheeple will take your vaccine blindly

If you look in this topic its far more then 1% anyway I hope that Thai immigration is strict. We will see. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1