Nearly one in six Britons would refuse Covid-19 vaccine

Yinn

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just read the post of geriatrickid on why people who don't vaccinate are selfish. 

The best post so far im sure you will understand better then.

Anti vaxers just want all the benefits and basically risk others while taking no risk themselves. Its all explained in that post and mine quoting part of it. Gets boring if i have to put it down too many times.

Ok i'll bite:

- Whooping cough and thalidomide are very good examples affecting our (my) generation as to how vaccines don't always work & there have been further examples as recently as this year.

- My father refused injections as a young national servicemen in the 1950s and was therefore not sent to the Korean war where many of his intake died. He later served in Kenya against the mao-mao but as that was a ???????? affair (and considerably warmer) he didn't mind going (& everyone came back alive!).

Instead of trawling through 120+ posts I'd prefer geriatrickid to look at mine.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Then that is ok, entry into Thailand for you. At least your willing to give up something for your convictions. I can respect that. I don't respect the people who want a free ride. 

I don't get your "have to PAY"

everybody pays TAX on everything, all the time

in Europe, half of your salary is STOLEN to pay for the sick, old, not wanting to work, illegals...

You and most people are BLINDLY following data in a corrupt system based on PROFITS and your your health...

What I see is a lot of fear spreading, but ZERO about how sick old people could help their natural immune system fight off ANYTHING...

the generation of blindly asking the doctor for a pill for an ailment is crazy... how did people live before 100 years ago ???

people get fat & sick from <deleted> they eat, drink, smoke, medications, never without thinking, what is the ROOT CAUSE of my disease  (obese, type 2 diabetic, etc...)

most people believe blindly corporations out for profit, that ALL GOT SUED for fake advertisement (VIOXX, etc...) that caused so many deaths, for PROFIT.

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+big+pharma+companies+have+been+sued+for+fraud

People don't want to believe that taking x,y,z might really hurt them and shorten their life, as long as they can still ENJOY the bad habits, till something else breaks down in their body and they have to visit the MD again, to get more pills (stomach pain, headache, high blood pressure, irregular heart beats, fatty liver, cancer...)

I'm not anti-vaxx , if they can prove it is safe, and they can't ... Ican dot come sued them and CDC/FDA could not provide proof 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Icandecide.org+sued+CDC%2FFDA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

I don't get your "have to PAY"

everybody pays TAX on everything, all the time

in Europe, half of your salary is STOLEN to pay for the sick, old, not wanting to work, illegals...

You and most people are BLINDLY following data in a corrupt system based on PROFITS and your your health...

What I see is a lot of fear spreading, but ZERO about how sick old people could help their natural immune system fight off ANYTHING...

the generation of blindly asking the doctor for a pill for an ailment is crazy... how did people live before 100 years ago ???

people get fat & sick from <deleted> they eat, drink, smoke, medications, never without thinking, what is the ROOT CAUSE of my disease  (obese, type 2 diabetic, etc...)

most people believe blindly corporations out for profit, that ALL GOT SUED for fake advertisement (VIOXX, etc...) that caused so many deaths, for PROFIT.

https://www.google.com/search?q=all+big+pharma+companies+have+been+sued+for+fraud

People don't want to believe that taking x,y,z might really hurt them and shorten their life, as long as they can still ENJOY the bad habits, till something else breaks down in their body and they have to visit the MD again, to get more pills (stomach pain, headache, high blood pressure, irregular heart beats, fatty liver, cancer...)

I'm not anti-vaxx , if they can prove it is safe, and they can't ... Ican dot come sued them and CDC/FDA could not provide proof 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Icandecide.org+sued+CDC%2FFDA

OK don't get a vaccine when available, but also refuse treatment if infected. If infected self quarantine away from everyone to prevent the spread. That sound like a win-win.

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Ok i'll bite:

- Whooping cough and thalidomide are very good examples affecting our (my) generation as to how vaccines don't always work & there have been further examples as recently as this year.

- My father refused injections as a young national servicemen in the 1950s and was therefore not sent to the Korean war where many of his intake died. He later served in Kenya against the mao-mao but as that was a ???????? affair (and considerably warmer) he didn't mind going (& everyone came back alive!).

Instead of trawling through 120+ posts I'd prefer geriatrickid to look at mine.

Next time when you bite research what you say.

thalidomide is not a vaccination at all, its a medicine that has proven unsafe. It happens. But you cannot compare that with a vaccination.  

As for luck on not taking and not being send out to a war and surviving and using that as an example against vaccinations. 

Not really taking you seriously anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Yes im relying on experts just like anti vaxers rely on fake facebook stories (and fiction movies like I am legend). Of course I don't know everything myself that is why there are respected experts and peer reviews. If you don't understand that then its pointless to go on with a discussion.

there is science out there

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+most+published+research+findings+are+false

sadly, science is for sale, by the company that pays for the study

and bad studies not in their favor, does not have to be published

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Faced with having to make a decision of getting vaccinated, I would have to look further into it.

A doctor friend of mine has up to now received 3 free holidays from Pharmaceutical Companies if he preferably prescribe certain products. 

One holiday was worth 25000 UKPounds to New Zealand.

Pharmaceutical companies main concern is to make profit. If they have to buy certain people, even WHO, they will do if possible. 

Brown envelopes are very common. 

Edited by Paiman

Heres the way out................Nebuliser with proven effiacy..............79% of those trialed did not develop severe infection..............those who did need hospitalising the stay was cut from 9 to 6 days and its a natural product unlike these vaccines............ok it doesnt stop you catching covid but you can treat yourself at home

and yes i hold shares in the company........friday stood at 35p pre results coming out.........monday hit 240p after results were out............company now seeking emergency use approval when granted skies the limit

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53467022

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paiman said:

Faced with having to make a decision of getting vaccinated, I would have to look further into it.

A doctor friend of mine has up to now received 3 free holidays from Pharmaceutical Companies if he preferably prescribe certain products. 

One holiday was worth 25000 UKPounds to New Zealand.

Pharmaceutical companies main concern is to make profit. If they have to buy certain people, even WHO, they will do if possible. 

Brown envelopes are very common. 

there is massive corruption oh sorry, incentives, with MD's, getting benefits for "liking" a new drug

maybe not here in Thailand (lol, with 300 percent profit making at the pharmacy)

but it is known in my EUROPEAN country, that MD's don't declare all their income, charge more in cash, than is written on the paper for social security

but ... it is "allowed" as guess what.... they have a big union fighting for their rights and the "health" minister is ...mostly also an MD ...  in my case, the health minister looks like a giant MASSIVELY OBESE TYPE 2 DIABETIC on their last legs

image.jpeg.ea2ef93ca6c07db12d85df04837d3c19.jpeg

• Like 2

I can confidently say that Covid vaccine passports will be required to allow entry into Thailand when that is allowed sometime over the next couple years.

No certificate and you simply wont be coming in. I'd also expect the 30 day Visa exempt entry will disappear all applications to go via Embassies and Consulates.

No vaccine No Entry simple as.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, robblok said:

@evadgib

Just read post 101, then you do't have to go through all posts. Its one the best written ones that explains why anti vax people put others at risk and are basically there for a free ride. 

Well written (not by me).

#116 is equally well written & considerably shorter.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Although any vaccine will not be 100%, who should care for those without good reason who refuse getting one. Maybe those who refuse should be charged for service in advance.

Is "avoiding a rushed to market vaccine" a good enough reason?

And does anyone care that you're trying to vaccinate against a virus, that, just like the yearly flu, will simply change up every season?

How about the various peer-reviewed studies showing weird patterns of immunity and antibodies with some showing drop offs in efficacy of just 3 months?

Or, should we all inject the first commercially accepted mRNA vaccine, forgetting that traditional path to therapies have been relaxed in the interest of knocking out a virus that kills slightly more people than a bad flu season?

Actually, inject one into each of my arms, please ????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

#116 is equally well written & considerably shorter.

Not much of an attention span to go through a bigger post with some real data and facts ? 

Must be a sign of the times. Though I think your older then me. Its said that the younger generation does not have much of an attention span anymore. 

• Like 1

Just now, robblok said:

Not much of an attention span to go through a bigger post with some real data and facts ? 

Must be a sign of the times. Though I think your older then me. Its said that the younger generation does not have much of an attention span anymore. 

Not much of a point when the post presumes the vaccine was created under the same conditions as other vaccines. If it was, estimated date of production would be somewhere in 2022.

Applying the same thought process despite changing safety protocols seems like another example of youth and inability for critical thinking.

• Like 2

Simple.

You get the freedom to choose to be vaccinated.

People who don't want that, also get the freedom to personally pay their medical bill if falling ill from Covid-19. 

Everyone happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

And here in Thailand?  I was in a builder's merchants yesterday, and apart from the girls behind the desks and myself NO-ONE was wearing a mask, and shook their heads when I asked them why. And how many Thais would refuse a Covid Vaccine I wonder?

Not wanting to turn this into a Thai-bashing answer, but do 1 in 6 wear helmets when riding motorbikes, have insurance, licences.

Not wanting to turn this into a Thai-bashing ---- too late for that when you started on helmets.

Maybe it's the company you keep? Where I live I see lots of people every day in many scenarios,  Masks, alcohol, thermometers, and sign in sheets everywhere. Only smiles and courtesy, even from checkers. Just yesterday a kind lady waiting for a lift let me take the lift before her just to avoid riding together. Wonderful people.

Why would a Thai refuse a vaccine?

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

TBH I subsequently read the other post but my #116 would neuter this from the onset and would top up the NHS instead of bleeding it dry.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

If people who already have had covid get that again , then all can forget any vaccine ! If people not get immune to covid , can't make any vaccine against it!

Yes they have already make new vaccine what make antidote in system. Just they don't know is that any good or not! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Shall i send you some tin foil ???? It will make a nice hat.

Thats really funny 555, shall I send you some shears for you and your fellow sheeple 555!

Sad when people have no retort and have to resort to <deleted> like this ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

most people anywhere, don't even know that nowadays, placebo does not mean sugar pill or saline injection anymore

"The placebo contained the vaccine excipients only, with no viral particles. "

These are termed excipients of the vaccine.
  • Common excipients. Common excipients present in vaccine preparations include:
  • Antibiotics. ...
  • Formaldehyde. ...
  • Aluminum salts or gels. ...
  • Stabilizers. ...
  • Thimerosal. ...
  • Diluents. ...
  • Trace components.

just a bit more than SALINE (salt) water

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

Thats really funny 555, shall I send you some shears for you and your fellow sheeple 555!

Sad when people have no retort and have to resort to <deleted> like this ???? 

Sometimes one has too as it gets tiresome how people deny science. I love the internet but it gives a lot of fringe people strange thoughts. It certainly helps people to find whatever they want and take it for the truth instead of checking sources.