Nearly one in six Britons would refuse Covid-19 vaccine

Yinn

1 minute ago, rumak said:

It also has been proven that unhealthy diets and obesity are extremely dangerous to one's health ( just ONE example of the multitude of things I find perplexing)

but i do not walk down the street calling them all idiots. 

hey, if you get the vaccine...... you won't have to worry .   And all those idiots will die .  Happy days

Again people need to take it in great numbers for it to work. In my country diseases that were eradicated come back because of anti vaxers. 

Unhealthy diets are not my problem that is a choice that only affects the person doing it. 

below my reasons.. again i feel people not taking it are selfish putting others at risk. 

"Vaccine-preventable diseases have been virtually eliminated from my country, so there is no need for my child to be vaccinated."

It is true that vaccination has enabled us to reduce most vaccine-preventable diseases to very low levels in many countries. However, some of them are still quite prevalent — even epidemic — in other parts of the world. Travellers can unknowingly bring these diseases into any country, and if the community were not protected by vaccinations, these diseases could quickly spread throughout the population, causing epidemics there.

At the same time, the relatively few cases that a country may currently have could very quickly become tens or hundreds of thousands of cases without the protection given by vaccines. We should therefore still be vaccinated, for two reasons.

The first is to protect ourselves. Even if we think our chances of getting any of these diseases are small, the diseases still exist and can still infect anyone who is not protected.

The second is to protect those around us. There is a small number of people who cannot be vaccinated (because of severe allergies to vaccine components, for example), and a small percentage of people don't respond to vaccines. These people are susceptible to disease, and their only hope of protection is that people around them are immune and cannot pass disease on to them. A successful vaccination program, like a successful society, depends on the cooperation of every individual to ensure the good of all. We would think it irresponsible of a driver to ignore all traffic regulations on the presumption that other drivers will watch out for him or her. In the same way we shouldn't rely on people around us to stop the spread of disease; we, too, must do what we can.

WHO gratefully acknowledges

• Thanks 1

I'm all for having a vaccination against COVID. But all these drug companies and researchers are rushing to be first, whether for genuine or monetary concerns.

I too would refuse one now. Preferring to wait until proper trials and evaluations have been done. A lot of damage can be done by these new drugs when not thoroughly tested, or in testing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4807042.stm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Go look up the miserable failure of the attempted vaccine of SARS... and they've been working on that one for over 10 years. You're a fool to accept this one with an 18 month development and then move straight to experimenting directly on humans. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I'm all for having a vaccination against COVID. But all these drug companies and researchers are rushing to be first, whether for genuine or monetary concerns.

I too would refuse one now. Preferring to wait until proper trials and evaluations have been done. A lot of damage can be done by these new drugs when not thoroughly tested, or in testing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4807042.stm

Nothing wrong with waiting a bit and making sure that things are safe. Question is how long to wait. I would like to see that researchers can review vaccines. I do think this will be done as this is a global thing with so much at stake. Everyone is watching this so im sure there will be a lot of eyes on it.

Just now, innosiem said:

this is exactly my point above

Pro vaxxers want everyone to do the same as them or be punished????‍♂️

this is the whole problem

No the whole problem is that people like you now want a free ride. Before you were OK with consequences and now your changing your mind. What happened to accepting that it could cost you something if you don't vaccinate. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

The thing about wearing a mask or not is a culture thing. It is common for Asians to wear one, especially in China because of the appalling pollution and in Japan out of politeness and consideration for others. But it is a completely alien concept for those in Europe/USA/Australia, and it takes a massive mind-shift to adapt to wearing one. Some, especially in the USA, are stupid and stubborn enough to believe that it is in violation of their human rights. And we've seen the results of that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, CGW said:

A classic example of someone who lets others think for him and believes the narrative!

No doubt you will embrace communism and be a successful member of the party, or first in line onto the train?

401.jpg

Its ok to stand up for your freedoms but not at the cost of others. 

If not everyone vaccinates then those non responders to the vaccin or those who cannot take it for health reasons wont be safe. So by not taking it you put others at risk. That is not standing up for your freedom that is wanting a free ride. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

There's a good read in wired.  

Covid-19 Vaccines With ‘Minor Side Effects’ Could Still Be Pretty Bad

The risk of nasty side effects in the Moderna and Oxford trials should be made clear now, before it ends up as fodder for the skeptics.

https://www.wired.com/story/covid-19-vaccines-with-minor-side-effects-could-still-be-pretty-bad/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

No the whole problem is that people like you now want a free ride. Before you were OK with consequences and now your changing your mind. What happened to accepting that it could cost you something if you don't vaccinate. 

how has my mind changed?
if they required a vax to re-enter here i would not return

stating what i would do in the event of mandatory vaccines
does not mean i cannot voice my opinion against mandatory vaccines before they are mandatory does it ?

what free ride do you keep talking about?

yes myself moving would be my choice
myself stating that
does NOT make mandatory vaccines just, does it ?

i have not changed my mind
you just seem to think
because i said i would leave
i now have no opinion on whether vaccines should be mandatory or not????‍♂️

seriously it is hard to keep up with the mental gymnastics of pro vaxxers
my opinion is always
you get to do you and i get to do me for as long as i am i
after that doesn't really concern me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, innosiem said:

how has my mind changed?
if they required a vax to re-enter here i would not return

stating what i would do in the event of mandatory vaccines
does not mean i cannot voice my opinion against mandatory vaccines before they are mandatory does it ?

what free ride do you keep talking about?

yes myself moving would be my choice
myself stating that
does NOT make mandatory vaccines just, does it ?

i have not changed my mind
you just seem to think
because i said i would leave
i now have no opinion on whether vaccines should be mandatory or not????‍♂️

seriously it is hard to keep up with the mental gymnastics of pro vaxxers
my opinion is always
you get to do you and i get to do me for as long as i am i
after that doesn't really concern me

You obviously did not read my posts why its a free ride.

You refusing makes it dangerous for those non responders to the vaccine or those who cannot take the vaccine for health reasons. So its selfish.  

Your mainly protected because others take the vaccine (your risk goes down) but you don't do anything for it while at the same time not wanting to take it still endanger others. Hence free ride. 

Yes your right you can be against an mandatory vaccin. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I'd have it voluntarily but forcing people to comply under the threat of refusing medical treatment that they themselves paid for via taxation is a disgrace.

Sadly they have already started this years ago
by denying education to the non-vaccinated

children do not know any better
parents are told its for their child's protection

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Consequences to refusing? It's amazing why someone who loves Totalitarianism would choose to live in Thailand. Maybe we should throw them in the Gulag until they comply.

What next? Refuse treatment for people who ride motorbikes since cars are safer? Refuse treatment for people who choose not to have a normal flu jab? People who like to climb mountains? Hike? Drink alcohol? 

I'd have it voluntarily but forcing people to comply under the threat of refusing medical treatment that they themselves paid for via taxation is a disgrace. If you want that, move to China or North Korea but don't try and force such extremist views and measures on normal people who are simply exercising freedom of choice. Jeez.

Id be agreeing with you if it were not for the fact that those who don't take it risk others. 

There will be always non responders to vaccin. There will be those who cannot take it for medical reasons. The larger the pool of people who refuse to take it the larger the risk to the two before mentioned groups.

I ride a motorbike I got insurance for it i pay for it. But if i get hit on it I don't risk others like anti vaxers do (like i just explained). 

You forget Thailand is quite a totalitarian state already and you did not move out of it. (not saying that i like totalitarian states but you said move to China or North Korea) So that would also mean you would move out of a totalitarian state so why are you still  here with the army in charge ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, robblok said:

You refusing makes it dangerous for those non responders to the vaccine or those who cannot take the vaccine for health reasons. So its selfish.  

i am not being selfish, it is my body my choice
all these arguments
reinforce the fact
vaccines do not work as you may think or have been told

it is impossible to vaccinate 100%
viruses mutate, so that means more shots on regular basis
which makes achieving 100% even further away

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

Nonsense, you have fallen for the narrative, you trust those that are telling you what to do - i don't so you are condemning me, is that democratic in any manner, of course it's not, but people have been blinded! Look at the numbers, nothing adds up, see the agenda for what it is before it's too late, if its not already, your being played, like most you will refuse to accept that fact, follow the herd as you have lost the ability to think for yourself.

Sure they will be increasing the number of abortions ready to put the fetus in the the vaccinations along with the heavy metals that you all believe in! - enjoy! ???? 

Shall i send you some tin foil ???? It will make a nice hat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Its unbelievable. the selfish stupidity. However what i see on this forum about Brits and Americans does support this. Lots of covid disbelievers, anti maskers and so on. So no not surprised. They should not allow anyone who refuses the vaccine in this country. 

I am sure there are Dutch fruitcakes too seen a few in the news so the Brits and Americans idiots (anti vaxcers) however there is not such a large amount of them. Still sizable especial in the bible belt (in the Netherlands)

Hmmmm unfortunately things like Thalidomide can rear their  ugly  head, I suspect many who refuse would  want to wait and see how the other guinea pigs  fair  first

• Like 1

Just now, innosiem said:

i am not being selfish, it is my body my choice
all these arguments
reinforce the fact
vaccines do not work as you may think or have been told

it is impossible to vaccinate 100%
viruses mutate, so that means more shots on regular basis
which makes achieving 100% even further away

Yes it does and you and others not taking it makes it even more of a risk. So yes your selfish you just don't want to admit it. Anyway im done I know your views you know mine. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes, no problem with that.  Totally OK, if you and your family want to get the vaccination shot.

But Big Problem with those that want to force it on everybody, even if they are already 'safe' and want to punish those with a different conviction.

Yes there needs to be certain freedoms of choice and not force. But I can see Thailand not going that way and making everyone get it under their BS National Security loophole. Article 44 cannot be used anymore unless there is a new Coup and this regime will do what they want to as they probably considerer everyone servants and owned.

• Like 2