Pirated designer goods: Louis Vuitton/Gucci bags worth 30 million seized in raid

webfact

Pirated designer goods: Louis Vuitton/Gucci bags worth 30 million seized in raid

6pm1.jpg

Picture: INN

Officers of the Department of Special Investigation and Amnat Charoen police armed with a search warrant raided a depot in the Kheum Yai sub-district of Muang district, Amnat Charoen yesterday.

They arrested a woman called Channada. 

They found 30-40,000 items that were mostly fake bags of the Gucci, Louis Vuitton and Coach brands.

6pm2.jpg

Picture: INN

They are worth between 20 million and 30 million baht. 

Channada was advertising the items on Facebook and distributing them from her depot to customers online. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-22

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Only raided  one Depot?  

Go to Any market ,there's Not One Item that's The Real thing. 

If they are Serious than there wouldn't be Any market an Many Many shops open doing Business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I think they are exaggerating on the value, maybe if they were real .........LOL

I agree. It seems what they mention if often the retail price of the totally overprices brand name items.

But how much does any of those brand name companies actually pay for the production? Maybe 10% or the retail price?

• Confused 1

How stupid do you have to be to advertise knock-off goods on the internet so that the whole world can see what you're doing, including the brand name owners? And then be surprised when there's a knock at the door. I guess some people still don't understand the internet and that advertising isn't only seen by potential customers.

Same with those who arrange illegal motorcycle races on the internet, and then being shocked when the police show up. Totally brainless.

36 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I agree. It seems what they mention if often the retail price of the totally overprices brand name items.

But how much does any of those brand name companies actually pay for the production? Maybe 10% or the retail price?

Usually it's fifth to 25 % of the RRP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Just how many Thai's can afford a 'real' designer bag? I don't see many at the local market that can spend that kind of money. If not for the fake goods there wouldn't be a market.

In a way that is what I thought. And then I spoke with girls who work in a 5-star hotel. Salary and tip together maybe 25k per months. And they all thought it's necessary to have a designer bag. As far as I remember the price of the bags they mentioned was 30k up, more than one month salary for them...

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Just how many Thai's can afford a 'real' designer bag? I don't see many at the local market that can spend that kind of money. If not for the fake goods there wouldn't be a market.

totally agree ....  fake rolex's, copy nike's, fake levis etc ....  the little guy working in the factory can afford a copy or the office girl on 12k a month can afford a copy, they will never buy the real thing, the money that the street seller makes feeds his family, jobs are created down the line from the seller to the distributors.

I'm all for copy items.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

totally agree ....  fake rolex's, copy nike's, fake levis etc ....  the little guy working in the factory can afford a copy or the office girl on 12k a month can afford a copy, they will never buy the real thing, the money that the street seller makes feeds his family, jobs are created down the line from the seller to the distributors.

I'm all for copy items.

paradoxically i do know people who own genuine rolex,es but all have a snide to wear when they go out because of the high crime rates in the uk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I can't have a few dollars item sent to me without the customer's eagle eye to tax it and theses

people are bringing in container loads of fake stuff...

I expect they were paying import tax on the items same as you, they are not exempt. I am aware of several sellers and they all pay the import required. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I can't have a few dollars item sent to me without the customer's eagle eye to tax it and theses

people are bringing in container loads of fake stuff...

bit off topic but what football clubs in uk charge for replica shirts i think good luck to the counterfeiters,£50 for a shirt thats probably cost them about £3 and are made under sweat shop conditions .the counterfeiters are the robin hoods of parents who,s kids are targetted by the greedy clubs.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Real and fake bag is different how? Nothing.

Real price 50,000 baht, fake price 500 baht. 

Same bag, same use. 

What you want? 

a) real bag

b) fake bag with 49,500 baht cash. 

Be stupid buy “real” bag. 

• Thanks 2