Trump says sending federal agents to more U.S. cities to fight violent crime

webfact

12 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

All this is still part of the " make America great again " program ...?

Well , that failed miserably .

Trump failed miserably .

Well, its possible as previous guy promised me Fundamental Transformation of America and I am still waiting.

My guess is its easy to promise. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

That was the Portland Police that cleared the park. Unless the Feds barrowed the PPD uniforms.

Oh, so the PPD can handle stuff, then? And the Feds's action was only in and around federal property? Somehow got the impression they were more out and about than that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

Let someone throw a frozen water bottle and hit you with it. Its nothing more then a large brick. What’s worse is the ball bearing  they are using with sling shots.

Nah, the water bottles wouldn't be anything like bricks or half-bricks, been on the receiving end, thanks. With all due respect, it's not quite the horrific weapon the poster was painting it to be. Ball bearings with slings is a different matter, but again - with all due respect to ANTIFA's prowess, the level of violence on offer isn't beyond what specialized units can handle. Making it into some actual battle zone is nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Understand that all police authorities not part of US Department of Justice in the US, ie., city, county & state are not organized by a national authority as it is in Thailand.

Federal law enforcement enforces federal law as prescribed by US Constitution. All other police authorities enforce their own jurisdictions as prescribed by state constitutions. Custom Border Patrol specializes in illegal border crossings, cross border smuggling, cross border human trafficking, etc.-typically dealing with foreign citizens. But what is CBP doing in Oregon?

As such federal agents have no jurisdiction to be involved in US state, county and city law enforcement issues/actions except when invited, provide specialized training/expert assistance or instances where "local" law enforcement violates federal law in their policing actions. 

It is reasonable to dispatch federal officers to protect federal property, but not to independently roam local streets looking to make arrests for nonfedral law violations or breaking up protests. 

Trump is using federal agents as his personal storm troops largely directed at subplanting local police jurisdictions with priority against Democrat mayors and governors. There is nothing of Law & Order about his dispatch of federal agents into states; its about political subjugation.

Wrong, CPB is a federal law enforcement agency. They have jurisdiction all over the US just like DEA, HLS, ICE, FBI just pick one. its not relevant what their specialty is. U S Marshalls primary job is not defending federal property, but they are their because of the little brats. However they do pull security at the Federal court houses, if you have ever been to one. You ever see that little dog at the airport walking around smelling of bags. A lot will have their CBP badge on. But I guess that beagle don't have authority to smell you or your bags. 

City police have jurisdiction to their city limits, county/deputies to the county line and state line. As for crimes. You throw a projectile at and LEO it is a felony. If you throw one at a federal LEO (frozen water bottle) you can be charge as a federal crime.

As a fact in most states if you throw an object at a civilian or the car, they or in. It can be charge as a felony. Hurling a deadly object at a occupied vehicle or person.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

So in your mind, anyone who holds "far left" (whatever that covers for Trump supporters) views is up for violence? And, to be clear, did you have similar issues with "far right" groups acting violently? Can't recall all that much fiery commentary from you.

I must be honest the   Large majority of publicized groups  that surround these lawless destructive protests that have in many instances resulted in millions of dollars of destruction to property ,minorities business  livelihoods destroyed  and many many mayhem atrocities, is the far left groups,the ones that support defunding law authority,assulting the police ,burning down cities and the gov ,ripping down American culture and get this the best part ,they expect to get rewarded for this ,in the way of ransom money i,reparations.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, RANGER55 said:

Well aren't you the man, don't know who was throwing to you but a frozen water bottle has the same weight if not more than a rock or brick and will do the same damage.

So why are they throwing them at the police if they can't do any harm. On, they must be thinking the PoPo are thirsty and their mommy said to throw this, just to giving them a cold drink of water. Man, the length some of you will go to justify violence against the police.

Out for the night. Good night all you Karen's!

Not "the man", just saying been there done that. Not that I liked it or that if wasn't scary at times. And sure, people do get hurt. No, a plastic bottle with frozen water will not do the same damage, actually, but don't try it at home. 

Never said anything about "can't do no harm". Just that it's ridiculous to paint them as some doomsday weapon, the way the other poster did. And, of course, I did not justify any violence. That would be two false statements attributed to me by you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, riclag said:

I must be honest the   Large majority of publicized groups  that surround these lawless destructive protests that have in many instances resulted in millions of dollars of destruction to property ,minorities business  livelihoods destroyed  and many many mayhem atrocities, is the far left groups,the ones that support defunding law authority,assulting the police ,burning down cities and the gov ,ripping down American culture and get this the best part ,they expect to get rewarded for this ,in the way of ransom money i,reparations.

How is that "honest"? I've asked you if you consider anyone who holds "far left" (kinda doubt you'll explain what this covers) views to be violent or supporting violence. What you posted is a short, confused rant that dodges the question. Naturally, your "honesty" doesn't allow you to reply with regard to similar issues when coming from right wing elements. Laughable, in a sad way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RANGER55 said:

Well if these southern states are so bad, I wish you would tell all those from the North to stop moving down. Like rats leaving a sinking ship. I think the last statistic was 100 people a day are moving out of NY to the south east or south west.

Don’t mind them moving, just when you get there don’t start the old, well this is how we did it up north!

Problem is blue state libs seldom learn from their mistakes and figure if they repeat their old voting habits in a new location, it will suddenly have a positive outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Slowly details are emerging about the delightful peaceful protesters who just happened to innocently stroll by the Portland Courthouse at 11 pm at night:

What we know about the demonstrators arrested by Portland police

Portland police say they arrested at least 75 adults during rowdy and sometimes riotous demonstrations Friday through Sunday, with at least a third accused of felony crimes.

Among those arrested:

A high school senior who isn’t in school because of the coronavirus pandemic, two school bus drivers left unemployed because of the recession, two part-time workers for Fred Meyer and Amazon, five people who are homeless and an out-of-work restaurant cook who was described by a court interviewer as “very polite and respectful,” according to a review of court documents by The Oregonian/OregonLive.

Only one person disclosed a California address. Another person said he arrived in Portland only recently. That individual, a 35-year-old man, told a court interviewer he drove from Arizona a few days ago and is living in his car. The man said he has schizophrenia and isn’t taking his medication, according to court records.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2020/06/what-we-know-about-the-demonstrators-arrested-by-portland-police.html

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asiacurious said:

The video you posted is SO out of context.  Which, given the source isn't a huge surprise.

Why not share some video of what the Mayor actually SAID while he was there being gassed by the Feds?

Where was the mayor when they were screaming death to America on federal property? Go burn your boogiemans and my flag in the far left city streets ! Sad ! Tear Gas them and him if they don't act  to demands of law enforcement 

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, kingdong said:

if cities "law enforcement" want to stand and watch while mobs destroy them they clearly do need help, the fact they didn,t ask speaks volumes of the peoples running these cities ability to do there job.

The fact they they didn't ,IS unAmerican!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The bottom line is the Governor of Oregon has "authority and duty" to protect the people and property of the cities in Oregon.

The local mayor has the "authority and duty" to protect the people and property in the cities they represent.

The duty of the local police chief has the "authority and duty" to protect the people and property in the cities they represent. However the police chief at times is subject to direction of the Mayor and/or City Council.  However, they police chief is also expected to take action on their own during emergencies.

The federal police or agents have authority to protect "Federal Property."

So while the Oregon Governor and Portland Mayor did not ask for assistance from the Federal Government, the Federal Government has every legal right to be there to protect federal property.

If the federal agents identify a protestor, turned rioter, attempt to vandalize federal property or injure a federal agent, they are subject to arrest.  

This arrest can take place away from the federal building.  

If the federal government sent in the National Guard within the city limits, this is where the Federal government would be over extending its reach, however this did not happen.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

The bottom line is the Governor of Oregon has "authority and duty" to protect the people and property of the cities in Oregon.

The local mayor has the "authority and duty" to protect the people and property in the cities they represent.

The duty of the local police chief has the "authority and duty" to protect the people and property in the cities they represent. However the police chief at times is subject to direction of the Mayor and/or City Council.  However, they police chief is also expected to take action on their own during emergencies.

The federal police or agents have authority to protect "Federal Property."

So while the Oregon Governor and Portland Mayor did not ask for assistance from the Federal Government, the Federal Government has every legal right to be there to protect federal property.

If the federal agents identify a protestor, turned rioter, attempt to vandalize federal property or injure a federal agent, they are subject to arrest.  

This arrest can take place away from the federal building.  

If the federal government sent in the National Guard within the city limits, this is where the Federal government would be over extending its reach, however this did not happen.

Pood nit noi ! Some have said let the far left radicals have the federal building in portland. What say you?

3 minutes ago, riclag said:

Pood nit noi ! Some have said let the far left radicals have the federal building in portland. What say you?

So this is a very difficult situation.  

In normal circumstance, both Federal, State and Local authorities have the same mission, but slightly different duties.

With the local government not assisting in the arrest of the "rioters" and the mayor not setting curfews, it is virtually impossible for the feds to be 100% effective.

However, if the feds do not protect this federal building then where does it stop?  There are over 9,000 federal buildings in the USA.

I am unsure of this answer. 

But I think you have to try and reassess daily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

"..........If the federal government sent in the National Guard within the city limits, this is where the Federal government would be over extending its reach, however this did not happen.

Actually, the POTUS can mobilize Oregon's NG with, or without the Governor's blessings if they think more boots on the ground are needed.  The mob was emboldened by the police station retreats in Minneapolis and Seattle and I doubt the feds are in the mood to surrender a US federal Courthouse. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

Actually, the POTUS can mobilize Oregon's NG with, or without the Governor's blessings if they think more boots on the ground are needed.  The mob was emboldened by the police station retreats in Minneapolis and Seattle and I doubt the feds are in the mood to surrender a US federal Courthouse. 

Yes, you are correct.  It is just unusual.

I agree with you.

11 hours ago, RANGER55 said:

I think Lightfoot in Chicago just sent a letter to trump asking to work with the feds on the crime in Chicago.

14 shot at one time two days ago while attending another person funeral that was also shot. I think if I was the mayor I would be looking some where for some relief!

I suggest you read and inwardly digest Lightfoot’s letter’.

I doubt very much you’ll like what it says.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1