Thailand’s flight ban might extend

webfact

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

So no foreigners coming in by air but hundreds of thousands laborers from neighbouring countries pouring in overland borders presumably unquarantined is just dendy...

Try reading the notice before you give fake news 1. They will be tested before they come to Thailand. 2. They will have to spend 2 weeks in state quarantine.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I've done a few of their trips, all have been good. Would book Maldives now but .. Thailand and it's quarantines. Maldives has no restrictions in flying in: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/maldives-reopening-july/index.html

World is slowly starting to open up, at the same time Thailand is tightening up. And it's not due to covid, it's the usurpers and students.

I would like to hit the new resort in the Maldives as well. Just getting back here would be impossible. A few nice locations in Vietnam as well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Bad news for those stuck outside trying to get in, especially those who will not be allowed back as they don't have a valid reason to be here or the funds to secure a seat on the few flights remaining.

Still, going to be a great high season. Beautiful weather, pick of the beaches, hotel bargains everywhere... Enjoy it while it lasts.

Every cloud and all that. 

Not good for those that have family in Thailand and can not return . Valid reason you refer to is i suspect  meaning that they are not fitting the criteria in this covid 19 situation for returning to Thailand . What validity do you have to concern your self if hopeful travelers to Thailand has  not the funds to buy a air ticket ? There is a element of irony in your post .

1 hour ago, orang37 said:

How does one recognize a usurper ? By the fact they are in your face ? By their walking off with your sweetie ?

Open the television, when there's a talking head there, that's their lackeys. Or search for old news from 2014.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

I've done a few of their trips, all have been good. Would book Maldives now but .. Thailand and it's quarantines. Maldives has no restrictions in flying in: https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/maldives-reopening-july/index.html

World is slowly starting to open up, at the same time Thailand is tightening up. And it's not due to covid, it's the usurpers and students.

My friend who live in Dubai just told me it about to open up for tourist the people have had enough

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The problem is governments are stuck in a rut whether to open up more or stay closed. If you open to tourists you run the risk of infections going up and if you stay closed you run the risk of destroying the economy. Judging by the videos I've seen of resorts in Europe not as many tourists are flying in anyway, the same would apply to SE Asia from westerners.

It will take years to recover from this and the confidence of mass tourism to return, but how much will remain of the tourist industry.

I think by the time a vaccine is issued and life starts to reorganize you might find some traditional tourist areas moving on, it may mean less income but in the long run folks living there may appreciate the lack of daily headaches associated with this business.. 

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

My friend who live in Dubai just told me it about to open up for tourist the people have had enough

Yes, lockdowns should only have lasted for 2-3 weeks, going forward it's the test & tracing network that needs to carry the daily operations. There's no escaping the virus but there are ways of managing it. Thailand doesn't want to go on the test & trace boat because, well, they can't get the tracing part done. Wild wild east. UAE has probably got a system running by now, they can be quite efficient when they start on something.

(Yes they do, it's the bluetooth proximity thing: https://www.ncema.gov.ae/alhosn/index.html ) . Pueyo told us how to do it some time ago: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-how-to-do-testing-and-contact-tracing-bde85b64072e

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Nooooo.  I just want to get out of Thailand. 

Promise I will never make the same mistake and come back again.

You can fly into the Maldives. See if there are flights from there to where you want to go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, baansgr said:

Won't be worth coming...by then everything in every tourist town will be closed

Except the beaches... just think, clear sand, no deck chair vendors, no jet-ski's, no hawkers... and cheap beer in 7-11... paradise is back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am somewhat confused by the so called International commercial flight ban as I landed at BKK airport on Tuesday at 11 am and there was a KLM, Air France and Qatar jet on the move and clearly working unlike the graveyard of Thai airplanes parked permanently on the runway.  2 weeks ago I was in Chiang Rai airport and there was a flight going to China and full of Chinese tourists.  Lines and lines of them dressed up like spacemen in white suits with masks. and they were definitely tourist, not returning expats.  So if no International flights are arriving what is really going on?  How did the plane in Chiang Rai with the tourists arrive?  Again we are not getting the full story.  BKK airport was like a ghost town!

IMG_4417_1024x641.JPG

IMG_4424_1024x768.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I would like to hit the new resort in the Maldives as well. Just getting back here would be impossible. A few nice locations in Vietnam as well.

You really can go nowhere for now.

I have Kanchanaburi and Koh Chang trips planned.

Best to just do what you can here for now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's the trickle down effect, it takes months to trickle down and eventually most people will suffer through the loss of tourism. Even if tourism started up again tomorrow, the numbers would be nothing like the 39 million from 2019, more like the numbers of 20 to 25 years ago.

Sure that`s true. That`s why I would propose to start a quota system. Like every country which has had less than lets say 3-5 active cases per 100.000 people within the last 30-45 days will get on the "can fly in" list. Those tourists would have to show a negative covid test, health certificate, use the tracking app and if there stay in longer, take another covid test after 2 weeks. 

>90% of the tourists would still NOT come, but the ones coming would be an absolute minimal risk. Such an approach would surely save a lot businesses/jobs here. However, of course no Thai official would come up with such a strategy/ noone would approve that. 

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Why fly when you can take a nice train ride (book now for 2022) .  LOL  

3250818.jpg

This is hardly Pan-Asia - it's just a bit of Indochina.  Once these routes are established I should be able to get to UK entirely by rail :  BKK - Kunmig - Peking -  Ulan Bator - then link to trans-siberian express - Moscow - Warsaw - Belin - Brusselles and Eurostar to London ????

perfect holday ????

• Like 2