My wife has threatened to plant drugs in our house and have me caught by the police

nicelee808

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I don't understand this part .....  what do you mean ?   if she's unstable to talk about  ?  

do you mean if she's unstable and actually reports you  ?   

you would have to onmy toes   ?    do you mean be aware at all times   ?

no,i mean jump up and down and wave her knickers in the air.

• Haha 1

Just now, kingdong said:

what have someone framing you by planting drugs and reporting you?is the wifes boyfriend a bib?

I just reread the post at no point did he say his Mrs was with the BIB so are you one of these who gets too carried away and starts to add a few twists to the story. I miss the cinema too but this is ridiculous

Tad

Edited by Jack Hna
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jack Hna said:

I just reread the post at no point did he say his Mrs was with the BIB so are you one of these who gets too carried away and starts to add a few twists to the story. I miss the cinema too but this is ridiculous

Tad

her boyfriend could be the king of tonga for all i know,no worries,i couldn,t give a tinkers cuss.

1 minute ago, rupert the bear said:

you have  evidence and now go to the police st and get a police report,you could bring a charge against her.the police report will be a good thing if she does do it,your clear.she can also be jailed for making such a threat

he might be better off dealing with the police through a thai lawyer.

10 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Tad

i just reread my post  and i asked if her boyfriend was a bib,not him.

18 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

you have  evidence and now go to the police st and get a police report,you could bring a charge against her.the police report will be a good thing if she does do it,your clear.she can also be jailed for making such a threat

I think the police will make no report having no proof to prove, installing video cameras inside and outside the house and changing the lock and its only defense and divorce.

I too do not believe the police can/will do anything.  They can't record every single threat made by all manners of people every single day.  The OP should file for divorce and cite this threat as one of the reasons.  The lawyer can certainly put this on the record in case she ever goes through with it. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not as easy as you think, Yes you can put the house in the kids name but you cannot sell it until they are 18 years old correct me if im wrong

parent has control over children until they are 20 years old, so mother can control what happens tothe house.

hi, the best things to do imo (from experince in  Thailand)

1) do not argue with her at all

2) do not shout at her

3) do not react to her arguments or shouting stay cool

4) cut any money you give her

5) your son is with her so supply clothes, nappies, milk only NO MONEY

6) change the locks on the house

7) one or two cctv cameras in house

8 find a good lawyer, what part of Thailand you live in? some expats may be able to recommend a lawyer 

9 be smart, this is a game of chess, play the game well

10 do not say bad about wife to your kids, it may backfire on you an if kids say anything to her then more fighting

11 once again do not enter into fights/arguing

12 tell her you want the best for the children future

• Like 2

Report it to the police immediately !!! A police report on something like that is actually GOLD VALUE. And it will teach her that you are not an afraid pussy.

Section 392 Whoever,  puts  a person in fear or  in fright  by threat, shall be punished with  imprisonment not exceeding one month or fined not exceeding one thousand Baht, or both.

• Like 2

Thai women certainly say things they don't mean when they go crazy. They can be very scary. Terribly volatile compared to most westerners. But I'd keep the screenshots safe and quietly investigate how to get them authenticated for use in the future if you need to. Just in case; this is your freedom we're talking about  

• Like 2

You really do need to do something, even if it is simply a report to the police, which seems to be quite a common suggestion, and at least it's on record, along with the message she sent you.

Do take it seriously because a friend had a falling out with his girlfriend a few years back and she went to the police and brought them to his house where she showed them a stash of drugs, and he was arrested and would have spent many years in jail had he not been able to raise a very substantial amount of money and had a contact or two.

There is no telling what goes on in the mind of a Thai woman and as they don't think of "consequences", then it could be anything.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 8:39 AM, nicelee808 said:

she threatened to plant drugs in the house, call the police and said they would arrest me, the crazy thing is she did it via text message which I have taken screenshots of.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: You just couldn't make up how stupid some Thais can be. No common sense at all. None.

1 hour ago, NotYourBusiness said:

A police report is simply that, your REPORT. You are not expecting the police to do anything except take your report. The purpose of a police report is to establish the date that you say something happened. It is your REPORT, nothing more.

I have made police reports several times when people threatened me. I needed no proof of anything. They just sit there and write down what you say. It establishes the DATE that you say something happened. A court will not accept what might be a photoshoped SMS, but they would accept it if it was complete with a police report.

Go make a police report. Nothing will happen from that except that you establish a date that you say something happened. Show it to her and she will suddenly realize you removed all her power, you have boxed her out, and you are NOT afraid of the police. Tremendously helpful.

What if the police decided to do "something?"  If I was the police and someone came to me with such a complaint, the first thing I'd do is contact the woman to get her side of the story.  Then of course, all hell will break loose.  If the OP is ready to deal with that, by all means, go for it.

• Like 2