My wife has threatened to plant drugs in our house and have me caught by the police

nicelee808

Report her threat to the police and get a report drawn up and then change the locks on the doors to the house your excuse would be to show the the text with the threat . Maybe it’s time you told your wife that she needs to get a job hope things work out for you and your daughter and you can get on with your lives.

Depending on where you are it will be tough to find a lawyer who can speak decent English in Bangkok or near I have one if needed? 

Regardless of whether she is serious or not blowing smoke which many Thais like to do I would start to plant the seed and protect yourself this will also help with custody of the other child if necessary.

10 hours ago, nicelee808 said:

Thanks for the replies. My plan is to get my youngest too, he already prefers to be with me and my daughter, it's just before bed he asks for his mum. My kids are all I need in this life, I'm not sure if a custody battle will happen, because I don't think my wife is that interested in having them, but I hope to remain in the house, only I have a salary if that would influence a custody battle. We also have farm land all in her name.

Divorce. Then house and property will be divided up. Push for house only. Once agreed, put house in kids name. Sell house, and take kids and move somewhere else. 

• Like 2

My son in law lost some business to another person that opened up a similar place about a hundred metres down the road, in a small town that only really has place for one such business.

Customers eventually came back to him and the competition threatened, among other things, to do just that, plant drugs.

The SIL secretly installed cameras and managed to get a shot of the lady poking around in his back yard. He showed this to the police, in full knowledge of the fact that he had CCTV would then become public, both businesses were then visited and searched.

End of story since a year now.

6 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Divorce. Then house and property will be divided up. Push for house only. Once agreed, put house in kids name. Sell house, and take kids and move somewhere else. 

Not as easy as you think, Yes you can put the house in the kids name but you cannot sell it until they are 18 years old correct me if im wrong

• Like 1

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

Sad situation and happens alot in Thailand unfortunately.

The police are not interested in your complaint, her text, or anything else about your family.

She hasn't committed any real crime yet so they will just laugh at you, believe me. 

Until something seriously criminal happens ... the police won't and can't really act. 

I wouldn't even worry about her threat,  as she was the drug addict and I expect the police were or at some time knew this, they may have a file on her so why would she even try something stupid like that.  imo

Just keep the copy of the text...  and forget it.

easy to be so blase when its not you !ooking at getting banged up,personally if shes unstable to talk about and actually report you i would have it on my toes or trust thai justice.....up to you.

Edited by kingdong

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

if shes unstable to talk about and actually report you i would have it onmy toes or trust thai justice.....up to you.

I don't understand this part .....  what do you mean ?   if she's unstable to talk about  ?  

do you mean if she's unstable and actually reports you  ?   

you would have to onmy toes   ?    do you mean be aware at all times   ?