My wife has threatened to plant drugs in our house and have me caught by the police

nicelee808

6 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

ignorance is a bliss on TVF

sole custody, only 2 options :

1) you pay your ex to buy the kids from her, on paper

2) she beats a child into the hospital under her custody and is charged for child abuse in court

thai court NEVER give sole custody unless 1 or 2

I consulted 10-20 lawyers for this ... most will ask you $$$$$ to try, yeah, easy money

only a few said:  no chance getting sole custody expect above exceptions ...

I speak out of experience

happily divorced, peace came back to the house, once the RAT was out

Well, if she goes through with her plan and actually plants drugs at his place then this would be felony drug buying, felony drug possession, planting the drugs is a felony,  plus wrongly accusing someone of drug possession is probably a felony, too, and wasting police resources and their time will result in a fine as well. Seems like a pretty good case for not giving her custody, but what do I know. 

19 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I too do not believe the police can/will do anything.  They can't record every single threat made by all manners of people every single day.  The OP should file for divorce and cite this threat as one of the reasons.  The lawyer can certainly put this on the record in case she ever goes through with it. 

This sounds like the best approach and a good way to get it on record. It's a trump card for a divorce and for a favorable financial settlement. If she disputes the divorce/ financial settlement that you propose to her through your lawyer then you would have the option to take this dispute to a court for a decision. Of course the best option is not to go to court. But, if you threaten to take it to court she will understand that the evidence can be produced to question her character. This will be hanging over her head when she considers the possibility of this evidence being presented. There's bluff at play here, but I doubt that she will be wanting to see this evidence presented and hopefully she settles to a fair outcome. I think you have to make your move early though and act very soon to make her nervous. It sounds like you can handle being a single Dad for the time being. Life will move on before you know it. You have a level head and will have learnt the lesson that us males should be taught in high school. 'When you choose your life partner, choose wisely'. I've been there ???? If you choose to settle down again (after having a bit of fun first!), then find a woman who will be a good role model for your kids.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 3:39 AM, nicelee808 said:

the crazy thing is she did it via text message which I have taken screenshots of.

Sorry to hear that. Must mean that your wife ain´t the sharpest knife in the box.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, johnray said:

You married a drug addict.  So funny.

Don't marry something that has either a drawing on their face or a harmful addition.

Or has been married before,  a couple of times. 

Or has kids.

Especially a son.

(They destroy many Thai relationships).

Or a family that needs support. 

Or worked as a bar girl..

The list never ends.

But many of us still do it.

Ditching our own lives and friends and family, thinking that we have moved to Nirvana...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Or has been married before,  a couple of times. 

Or has kids.

Especially a son.

(They destroy many Thai relationships).

Or a family that needs support. 

Or worked as a bar girl..

The list never ends.

But many of us still do it.

Ditching our own lives and friends and family, thinking that we have moved to Nirvana...

To have the knowledge of all this you must have great experience or just worked in a hotline for people with broken relationships.

Me myself, yeah, I just think you make it up as you go.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:49 PM, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Her own daughter hates her?

why did you marry such an insufferable harpy? D’oh!

my children also hate their mother, hence, living with me

still the ex tries to convince everybody I am the bad one

so why do my children live with me, not her ?

but this is thailand, people don't think for themselves

• Haha 1