Thai Tourism Minister touts September for return of international tourists

webfact

I already planned my vacation elsewhere.

It seems their plan is to let the big spenders / promoters in while advertising with low infection rates and a good location for those than can afford it. Also while making a so called high artificial demand with blocking the average pleb (obviously something a big spender would like) 

It would be interesting to see how this goes, probably bad. 

Edited by anon7854

Just now, ChrisY1 said:

I'm dreaming of a white christmas in Pattaya....tourists ain't coming..their countries won't let them!

Enjoying every minute of it.....quite streets....empty bars......and ever so popular with girls...even more so than before....strange!

• Haha 2

As the saying goes “ Amazing Thailand “ I will be amazed to see any form of tourism return this side of Christmas the fella is living in cloud cuckoo land he will be telling us next that ???????? can fly ????????

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

sorry but medical tourists and 200 elite holders wont make a dent in that 2/3rds loss - though I am sure the TAT will spin it as tourism growth

This could be enough to fill about 3 planes, I do not think any airline will be excited about this.

So no opening august the 1st now which means they are nowhere near ready and nowhere near clear of c19.

Interestingly I went onto Thai airways booking site and they are taking bookings now but you would be mad to make one, beats me why they think they can take your money now and no guarantee of a flight, not just them many others as well.

A friend of my wifes in high places says LOS will not open until next year at the earliest.

Thailand will have to recreate tourists industry by the time they will allow tourisem 

Or does all tourist agent like to open a employee people a have 0 business? 

It's been 5 months 

Who rent business without customers 

For 6 month 1 year or God knows when they open 

I can see 0 tourist industry left 

By the time they open up 

• Like 1

TAT still lives in a world where Prayut is not Prime Minister and Thailand is a normal country. Whatever they say he is not going to listen to them. Just like the military junta in Myanmar, he has problems with economics. He doesn't understand it. And the country suffers as a result.

I  see again that the Thai Visa commentaries must be all geniuses.

Pray, tell me what you would do in their position seeing as you are all a lot smarter ?

The situation is really a dammed if you do & dammed if you don't kind of decision to make.

Incidently if you live here, they are trying to protect you as well

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

I'm dreaming of a white christmas in Pattaya....tourists ain't coming..their countries won't let them!

For goodness sake, don't whatever you do play that on the jukebox! 

Half the "vets" will drain their beers and hop on the next bus to the airport, carrying only what they can get into their pockets!????????

So what are the true figures ? I’m sure I’ve read 39000000 ( 39 million ) tourists per year. If one third of those are Thai, 13 million, then the rest are foreign tourists , 26 million ? It’s hard to  imagine 13 million Thais spending a week or so for  holidays in  Thailand , those who have some money go abroad , usually Burma, Malaysia etc, and weekends in Pattaya, Chiang Mai . Also, those figures have lowered the number of foreign tourists  greatly.

1 minute ago, geisha said:

So what are the true figures ? I’m sure I’ve read 39000000 ( 39 million ) tourists per year. If one third of those are Thai, 13 million, then the rest are foreign tourists , 26 million ? It’s hard to  imagine 13 million Thais spending a week or so for  holidays in  Thailand , those who have some money go abroad , usually Burma, Malaysia etc, and weekends in Pattaya, Chiang Mai . Also, those figures have lowered the number of foreign tourists  greatly.

thai tourists mean nothing to any tourist attraction it is only about going to the temple or eat

so if you want them to visit an elephantparc you will need to sell elephant steak

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

medical tourists, Elite card holders and film crews

Given the narrow band - I expect they can fit them all on one flight for the whole of September.  Seems easiest!  Sorry Sex(y) tourists, have to be later this year ????

It looks like one of the elite who will be welcomed back in the country is little BOSS who killed a policeman with his car in 2012 but now ... all is forgiven and he too is welcome back in the country. I just don't get it. Money can buy a life  ?????????????????

Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya

Criminal charges in Thailand have been dropped against the heir to the Red Bull energy drink fortune who was accused in a 2012 hit-and-run that killed a police officer, police said on Friday. Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya had faced charges of speeding, hit-and-run and reckless driving causing death.
Red Bull heir enjoys jet-set life 4 years after hit-and-run
  • Like 1