Thai Tourism Minister touts September for return of international tourists

webfact

Get rid of the $100,000 insurance bit and they might see a few tourist dollars. Set up a government sponsored medical insurance at tbaht 1,000/month, no elective procedures, and keep the dedicated residents healthy enough to keep spending.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Get rid of the $100,000 insurance bit and they might see a few tourist dollars. Set up a government sponsored medical insurance at tbaht 1,000/month, no elective procedures, and keep the dedicated residents healthy enough to keep spending.

I have always used DAN travel insurance, targeted to scuba enthusiasts but available to all. Upon further investigation, most insurance companies including DAN WILL NOT COVER any known issues such as Covid-19. Virus insurance must be a separate purchased policy.

This means very few people (none) from Europe can come to Thailand as the issue is you need to be tested against Covid-19.

Issue in Europe is that you are only being tested if having symptoms.

People who are healthy are not allowed to be tested. 

Bottom line. No tourists or tourists recovered can enter Thailand.

So it doesnt help the industry 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gideon2goThai said:

This means very few people (none) from Europe can come to Thailand as the issue is you need to be tested against Covid-19.

Or anywhere else for that matter.   I can't think of a single country that offers these tests at all unless you truly need it.  

Just now, Gideon2goThai said:

Test are available at private clinics in the U.K. on average £150 but trying to get one with a result 3 days before you fly could be difficult, you could lose flight etc if the result doesn’t come through on time.

The Thai government need to face up to reality or don’t they want people not just tourists to return, this Covid thing has got the people of Thailand frightened to death by all the publicity the Thai media are spouting !

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Or anywhere else for that matter.   I can't think of a single country that offers these tests at all unless you truly need it.  

At a cost of whatever the average Thai cant afforded the test, they get sent home and told to take paracetamol, likewise a farang, no test take paracetamol. The numbers are faked in Thailand and every country in the world knows that, I have loads of debates with my Thai partner. She said because Thai people wear masks and due to the lockdown that’s why Thailand have very few cases in the end I gave up debating as it was becoming quite heated. She has been brainwashed like most Thais, btw she is currently stuck in the U.K. with a Visa which wpexpires on the 4th of September !

1 hour ago, Gideon2goThai said:

You can pay for a test at many private clinics across the UK. 

24 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Any info on the medical packages?

The will only issue visas for medical tourism if you can't get that treatment in your home country. This basically applies to nothing. It's essentially for less developed nations who have poor health care facilities. 

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

How long can Thailand afford to keep the 2 airports in Bangkok closed, have all the staff including the Check in Desk Staff, Security Staff, Maintenance Staff and Immigration Officers etc been made redundant ?

Nobody is travelling to Thailand even if it was open so don't worry about it.

18 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Everyone will be okay for now. 

Come January and if things have not changed it will be carnage. 

However, i fully expect them to let Chinese tourists enter and do as they please. Horrific because they were the ones who caused this worldwide mess, and continued to allow Chinese tourists to flood into Bangkok. 

• Like 1

I for one, would rather travel to Miami, FL

when this all dies down a little.

At least the folks aren't cowering in fear and refuse to let this half สssed flu stop them from living life.

The millions of infected, probably 98%, will get over it like a slight flu

(something everyone seems to be forgetting)

and they will probably be the first to reach herd immunity.

Im guessing they will probably come out better in the long run.

As far as costs of goods and services, Im pretty sure my currency would buy better US$ value than buying those goods in baht in Thailand.

No more ridiculous visa rules and hurdles to jump and xenophobe generals either.

12 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

How long can Thailand afford to keep the 2 airports in Bangkok closed, have all the staff including the Check in Desk Staff, Security Staff, Maintenance Staff and Immigration Officers etc been made redundant ?

On top of that Taxi drivers will be feeling the effects of the government actions at the airports and all over Bangkok alone worth the hotels, Restaurants and bars.

Thailand is heading into a huge financial black hole unless it gets tourists who spend money back

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blumpie said:

People will find other countries to holiday in if Thailand doesn't want them.

Them tourists money will create jobs and boost economies in countries that want tourists

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Test are available at private clinics in the U.K. on average £150 but trying to get one with a result 3 days before you fly could be difficult, you could lose flight etc if the result doesn’t come through on time.

The Thai government need to face up to reality or don’t they want people not just tourists to return, this Covid thing has got the people of Thailand frightened to death by all the publicity the Thai media are spouting !

You are missing the memo. ARMY don't want tourists anymore. They are sick very old men that hate whites. THIS is not Thaksin it's a mad man at the helm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

You are missing the memo. ARMY don't want tourists anymore. They are sick very old men that hate whites. THIS is not Thaksin it's a mad man at the helm.

I spent a lot of time in Thailand during Toxsin's reign and it was pretty bad.  For all the things to complain about with the Army running things, and their refusal to let tourists back in is certainly one of them,  Thailand is running a lot better now than it did with all the corruption and favoritism under Toxsin

Edited by shdmn
  • Confused 1

On 7/24/2020 at 9:47 AM, webfact said:

up with eight "Health Packages" for medical tourists that would see them restricted to Chiang Mai for 7 days/six nights, Phuket for 6 days/5 nights or 8 days/7 nights, Krabi 5/4, Samui 7/6 or 5/4 and Pattaya. 

Stays in Pattaya would be the longest at 11 days/10 nights or 6 days and 5 nights. 

These are the only options?

are some for sex change?  Why are there different time periods for different locations?  What of you need to stay longer at a location?

Strange people 

19 hours ago, pookondee said:

I for one, would rather travel to Miami, FL

when this all dies down a little.

At least the folks aren't cowering in fear and refuse to let this half สssed flu stop them from living life.

The millions of infected, probably 98%, will get over it like a slight flu

(something everyone seems to be forgetting)

and they will probably be the first to reach herd immunity.

Im guessing they will probably come out better in the long run.

As far as costs of goods and services, Im pretty sure my currency would buy better US$ value than buying those goods in baht in Thailand.

No more ridiculous visa rules and hurdles to jump and xenophobe generals either.

The fact you are posting on a Thai forum, very passionate, shows you'll be back. Probably. 

They can't just open with a virus out of control. Hopefully they do it safely. 

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:08 AM, holy cow cm said:

And I also believe along with this article that all Thai Visa guys will now find happiness with lady boys. 

Welp, I guess at the ways things are going I suppose we will all be saying, "A mouth is a mouth"..mai pen rai!

22 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Welp, I guess at the ways things are going I suppose we will all be saying, "A mouth is a mouth"..mai pen rai!

Like one my friend say after been whit really old woman. "She was good woman still make warm sht! Not corpse yet! :1zgarz5:

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, shdmn said:

I spent a lot of time in Thailand during Toxsin's reign and it was pretty bad.  For all the things to complain about with the Army running things, and their refusal to let tourists back in is certainly one of them,  Thailand is running a lot better now than it did with all the corruption and favoritism under Toxsin

Like dropping charges against a drunk driver that killed someone

• Like 1

To bad that everyone in Thailand hates farangs at the moment, but they want our money !! They blame us for the spread of the Corona virus - they simply dont trust us anymore !! It will take a long time to reestablish this trust. I for one dont want to go back to a country where the people will scream at me walking down the road - No thanks !! I heard today thar foreigners were banned to enter a restaurant in Bangkok ...nice !!  

On 7/26/2020 at 1:07 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

The airports are not closed. They are open for domestic flights (busy as usual) and a few international flights.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:13 AM, AndrewMciver said:

The UK definately is in Europe.

I believe you are referring to the European Union. 

The British Isles are not part of the European landmass thus not technically in Europe except when referring to the continent.