Thai Tourism Minister touts September for return of international tourists

webfact

On 7/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, shdmn said:

I spent a lot of time in Thailand during Toxsin's reign and it was pretty bad.  For all the things to complain about with the Army running things, and their refusal to let tourists back in is certainly one of them,  Thailand is running a lot better now than it did with all the corruption and favoritism under Toxsin

On nearly all markers this government is failing when compared to the Thaksin administrations of the early 2000's. Some examples include:

Human rights

Economics

Transparency

Fiscal policy

Military spending

Journalistic and press freedom

Household debt

Just a few off the top of my head but I am sure there are more.

18 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The airports are not closed. They are open for domestic flights (busy as usual) and a few international flights.

Ok I will rephrase the Airport are closed to International arrivals except for repatriation flights and people who wish to depart Thailand. They will not need the staffing levels because of this, taxis will not have any business as most domestic travellers will either have left their car, collected by relatives or use a bus

40 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

The British Isles are not part of the European landmass thus not technically in Europe except when referring to the continent.

No if's or but's. The UK geographically is in Europe. Europe is not defined by a land mass. Hence Malta is Europe. The Canary Islands are Europe. Ireland is Europe. 

13 hours ago, Dannybigboy said:

To bad that everyone in Thailand hates farangs at the moment, but they want our money !! They blame us for the spread of the Corona virus - they simply dont trust us anymore !! It will take a long time to reestablish this trust. I for one dont want to go back to a country where the people will scream at me walking down the road - No thanks !! I heard today thar foreigners were banned to enter a restaurant in Bangkok ...nice !!  

Where I'm staying there's no one hating foreigners and no Thai with half a brain blames us for the virus. A few months ago there were restaurants refusing to serve Chinese tourists. "One" restaurant far away from downtown BKK refused to serve a foreigner. Stop whining. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

No if's or but's. The UK geographically is in Europe. Europe is not defined by a land mass. Hence Malta is Europe. The Canary Islands are Europe. Ireland is Europe. 

Don't forget Iceland. 

13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Ok I will rephrase the Airport are closed to International arrivals except for repatriation flights and people who wish to depart Thailand. They will not need the staffing levels because of this, taxis will not have any business as most domestic travellers will either have left their car, collected by relatives or use a bus

The correct term should be "closed for commercial flights". There are International flights arriving all the time for different reasons.