You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Thai Tourism Minister touts September for return of international tourists

webfact

I think we can ALL wait until you decide to do something for real and with atleast more thana 30sec thought. I wanted to go but now i have applied for a visa for gf. And letter arrives tomorrow to her. then 1 week more and shes here 6months. So you loose both my and hers money.

Edited by sead

So, which group will bring in any money? Medical "tourists" must be the most stupid word ever. They are supposed to be sick and should stay in a hospital or nearby. I doubt they will be big spenders. Hospitals will earn some money, and hotels for quarantine,that's all. The rest of the groups are supposed to live in Thailand (except film crews, of course) and are not "tourists". 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Tourism Minister touts September for return of international tourists

I agree with him, have been saying for some time that assuming development of an effective vaccine, September 2023 should see international tourists returning in numbers.

Edited by CygnusX1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

India closed due to rocketing cases

This attracted my attention.

India has a hot and humid climate, a bit similar to Thailand, and which is claimed to be the reason why there are so few covid infections here, even with a few million Chinese here that came from Wuhan airport in the first months of the year.

Must be missing something

• Like 1

The " medical tourists" according to thai embassy outlines they sent me means people who have life threatening conditions/thkse which cannot be treated in uk with a letter from uk to confirm this, and letter from thai hospital to confirm and give details of your appointment and procedure thrn you are atuck quarantined at their hospital.. 

B3fore they were allowing farang spouses of thais or parwnts of thai nationals to come back into thailand ,albeit having to jump through hoops, provide marriage cerificated, passport copies, insurance proof, pre covid test to apply for certificte of entry which takes 3 weeks for a YES  or NO then quarantine 14 days.. I dont know if they still allowing that or if theyve scrapped that idea.

Thinking of only myself here, i for one am in no rush to see tourists returning to Pattaya in their drovesI I rather like it just the way it is right now thanks.....no probs driving & parking in Beach Rd & surrounding area, i can get a beer & a bit of nose bag without any hassle, some great bargains in the retail shops, the beach is the cleanest i have ever seen,  & today i was in & out of Immigration quicker then my Friday afternoon happy ending

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Last I saw, and it was in the last week, the government / TAT were predicting 8 million tourist this year.   

Up to March 20th there had already been more than 6.4 million (you really have to hunt the TAT numbers to work this out as they only like to talk about percentages, not absolutes).

That leaves less than 1.6 million visiting the country over the next 5 months.   Still a lot of empty hotel rooms, me thinks !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Trust Patt's to get the love you longest time and the rest are all quite short time stays .. 

I still waiting for the long stay back with my family in the village. 

10s of thousands of people like me on retirement visa and still not a sniff of a return to the land of S......

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

sorry but medical tourists and 200 elite holders wont make a dent in that 2/3rds loss - though I am sure the TAT will spin it as tourism growth

Well if one weeks 4 tourist arrive .. and the next week 8 tourists arrive and so forth ... it a week on week  100% increase in tourists returning to enjoy Thailand and spend money .... That is not spin, its just facts ... ????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

The UK released the updated list of countries that are not required to quarantine, Thailand are STILL not on it.... OMG so funny.... All those OAPs stuck at heathrow with a rose for there Pattaya bride who is only a ‘restaurant worker’ will have to wait a few more weeks.   Pretty obvious the UK think Thailand are telling porkie pies .... part of the culteral DNA ... 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Film crews will need to have medical certificates and other documentation and quarantine for 14 days

This is the funniest part of the post.

1 hour ago, fraggleRock said:

... All those OAPs stuck at heathrow with a rose for there Pattaya bride who is only a ‘restaurant worker’ will have to wait a few more weeks.  

How many is that then. Enlighten us?

3 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

Thinking of only myself here, i for one am in no rush to see tourists returning to Pattaya in their drovesI I rather like it just the way it is right now thanks.....no probs driving & parking in Beach Rd & surrounding area, i can get a beer & a bit of nose bag without any hassle, some great bargains in the retail shops, the beach is the cleanest i have ever seen,  & today i was in & out of Immigration quicker then my Friday afternoon happy ending

Amen for CM as well. This is the best time as I see it. The usual fun stuff is there if you want to find it. 

1 hour ago, fraggleRock said:

The UK released the updated list of countries that are not required to quarantine, Thailand are STILL not on it.... OMG so funny.... All those OAPs stuck at heathrow with a rose for there Pattaya bride who is only a ‘restaurant worker’ will have to wait a few more weeks.   Pretty obvious the UK think Thailand are telling porkie pies .... part of the culteral DNA ... 

it’s not mandatory quarantine, no one is forced to quarantine when arriving in the U.K.