Thai Tourism Minister touts September for return of international tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

I still waiting for the long stay back with my family in the village. 

10s of thousands of people like me on retirement visa and still not a sniff of a return to the land of S......

You can apply to go back to Thailand if you have family there, the application forms are available from the Thai Embassy in your country. You require a Covid19 negative Test 3 days before you fly, Fit to Fly Cert, $100k Health Insurance and 14 days quarantine in a hotel at your cost. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

You can apply to go back to Thailand if you have family there, the application forms are available from the Thai Embassy in your country. You require a Covid19 negative Test 3 days before you fly, Fit to Fly Cert, $100k Health Insurance and 14 days quarantine in a hotel at your cost. 

What if have a girlfriend, if she provides all her details?

Just now, pantsonfire said:

What if have a girlfriend, if she provides all her details?

Not going to happen I am afraid. Unless you meet one of the listed groups your on the outside looking in.    

3 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

Thinking of only myself here, i for one am in no rush to see tourists returning to Pattaya in their drovesI I rather like it just the way it is right now thanks.....no probs driving & parking in Beach Rd & surrounding area, i can get a beer & a bit of nose bag without any hassle, some great bargains in the retail shops, the beach is the cleanest i have ever seen,  & today i was in & out of Immigration quicker then my Friday afternoon happy ending

Wow...it can't be, I mean, if you are like me...my Friday's afternoon happy ending starts on Monday ????

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Pipat has got to be one of the least talented and qualified of all ministers in this spectacularly sorry administration. He likely needs assistance tying his shoes in the morning. Where do they find these guys? Why do they always engage in such bottom of the barrel selections? Reminds me of an administration running the country I come from. 

Are you Italian spidermike007?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The longer Thailand keep the airports closed the less likely the airlines will ever restart flights to Thailand, they are not going to fly empty planes when they reopen.
The Thai government appear to think when the airports reopen tourists will come flooding in, what planet do they live on ! 

depends... if the reopening is announced in advance with a timetable that airlines are confident will be kept to they will schedule flights and start selling tickets. i'm sure there are plenty of people and families keen to go on holiday after all this virus business but there does need to be confidence thailand wont make a knee jerk reaction and suddenly cancel all arrivals.

• Like 1

All they are talking about are not tourists. Look like they don't know what is a tourist.

But very soon, thousand of cheap workers will come back by thousand without possibility to respect 14 days locked with no paid, and will not be able to paid an expensive insurance cover to 100 000 $. That no one imagines is fooled...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

depends... if the reopening is announced in advance with a timetable that airlines are confident will be kept to they will schedule flights and start selling tickets. i'm sure there are plenty of people and families keen to go on holiday after all this virus business but there does need to be confidence thailand wont make a knee jerk reaction and suddenly cancel all arrivals.

I will be back only if i'm 100% sure i can come back to see my family.

My Thai family and me have no money to loose because of incredible no trusted strong and expensive conditions without any warranty to come.

It is very difficult to not understand the target.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

I'm dreaming of a white christmas in Pattaya....tourists ain't coming..their countries won't let them!

Exactly do they think every country is so casual about everything that tourists can leave & potentially return with covid . We are talking about 2021 at the min before you can fly away . You would have to be an air head or irresponsible to go on a holiday at this moment.

Tourism? Dream on!

I am currently in Melbourne, Australia and most people here are not even allowed to leave their suburbs, let alone travel interstate. Thanks in large part to the big BLM protests a few weeks ago we are experiencing a large second wave of infections. International travel for tourism is banned for most Australians indefinitely. Thailand can open their borders but there won't be any tourists coming from Australia for the foreseeable future.

I think I will have a better chance bringing my Thai partner here some time next year than for me to get back to Thailand to be with her again. Very, very sad. ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winniej said:

Exactly do they think every country is so casual about everything that tourists can leave & potentially return with covid . We are talking about 2021 at the min before you can fly away . You would have to be an air head or irresponsible to go on a holiday at this moment.

Only people who have been dropped on their heads multiple times don't understand that even 2021 is starting to be a pipe dream.  If the same virus in the USA and South America gets in thailand it will fare no better.

As long as the virus can be imported to another country after a vacation there is no way international tourism will resume.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Good then another lockdown in December and I will have the place to myself again. 

When the field burning season is just getting underway and horrendous air pollution and 2.5 PM levels reach their peak producing the most polluted city on the planet? I can hardly wait. ???? RIP

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

To many P's for the acronym

MOPE

"A new position is in order, Minister of Propoganda and Public Enlightenment."

How will that go with all the other fancy ranks and positions that all these clowns have paid for, Lt/Cols, Maj/Gens, Lt/Gens, etc, etc? :cheesy:

7 hours ago, outsider said:

Never mind left hand not knowing what right hand is doing, or vice versa. They don't even know how many hands they have. If they know what a hand is, for starters.

But they sure know what an @rse is, you know that thing they are always using to sit on chairs gathered round tables to come away with more stupid rules that no one is going to obey.

Spot on Jumbo they don't have a clue regarding the lead time to re-qualify flight and maintenance crews, Accomplish scheduled and non routine maintenance ( with reduced staff ). The fleets will be in shambles in addition to that. Lots of air turn backs then the games begin. The airplanes will get cannibalized to keep others flying etc,etc ...what a debacle on the horizon ! Or the government could just "order"  the planes in the Air ! 

And as my gf says...Uh excuse me but this is 2020 isn't it ? Hehe..

September , er  October,  ahhh November, Dang  maybe December will be the

big kick off for international travel to Thailand.  Who knows?  I doubt that

the USA will even get themselves under control by December, so do not

count on many of them to even be allowed to fly anywhere, let alone Asia or

Thailand.   As for Europe, well maybe some might fly to Thailand in November or 

December when Winter takes hold. Many people will not have the extra money

to take holidays of any kind as they have been off the job for so long, and

need all the money they are earning just to pay rent or mortgage and food

etc.   Good Luck Thailand tourist industry, be happy if anyone comes this

Winter.

Geezer

• Like 2

As someone who has been on the motion picture industry for 37 years the last 10 as an exec producer in Hollywood and London... I can assure you that no film production company will even consider Thailand for some time.

Making it a mandatory 14 days quarantine for crew members... well... the unions and agents will insist that those costs for said quarantine be paid by the production company.

Then the bonding company and the company's insurance people will add their demands for coverage. 

Then there are the salaries of those crew members...as they will still have to be paid along with their union and contractual costs.

Then there's the issue of the delay as the crew sits doing nothing. The studio exec's will love that one!

Productions from China the EU or US or Aus all will stay clear I am afraid. It is just not the right time. But certainly wishful thinking by a group of folks who really should stop and think rather than believe they are without question... right.

As for the Elite card holders... you mean the run on that program from those saying they are from Hong Kong?

Perhaps Wake Up Thailand on YouTube might just have a point and a real pulse unlike.... well... others?

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, RichardColeman said:

sorry but medical tourists and 200 elite holders wont make a dent in that 2/3rds loss - though I am sure the TAT will spin it as tourism growth

Probably along the lines of '10 tourists during lockdown, now 1,000', with TAT's success story reading: "Thailand popular as never before. Tourist arrivals up by 10,000%!" ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1/3 domestic thai tourists? I think there are not many Thai people who have the big money to go on vacation trips at the moment. Corvit hysteria kills 1,000 times more small businesses and jobs, than the virus kills people. The massiv economic slump will take place in the second half of the year, when most Thais have used up their savings and credit lines. 

• Like 2