Where to fix coffee maker?

BigJ

We have a coffee maker that is broken (electrical issue). It was brought here from abroad so we can't take it to manufacturer (not Boncafe, not Nescafe). 

Are there any repair shops in Bangkok that can fix it at a reasonable price (say 1000 baht or less) as it wouldn't be worth it if too much more. 

Thank you! 

• Haha 1

If it's electrical, I'd suggest trying one of the "fix-it" shops that abound in most urban neighborhoods.  They seem to be sufficiently skilled to handle most common electrical issues.  I've had them successfully repair a stereo, washing machine,  refrigerator and hot water pot.   Just look for a shop with old TVs and fridges stacked out front.

Edited by dddave

dddave has great advice. 

But if you're looking for the ultimate neighborhood in BKK to get anything electrical fixed, point your GPS to Ban Mo in Chinatown.  Probably a little overkill for something as simple as a coffee maker, but great for appliances, hifi, rewinding motors, etc.  And well worth the slog now that the MRT runs out past Hua Lampong.  It's a mecca for anyone involved in DIY electrical and electronics.  Make sure you pop through all the rabbit holes, and don't limit your perusing to the main streets and alleys.  It's amazing.

13.746117°  100.497576°  (Start at that corner for appliance repairs, but you may have to wander around a little.)

BTW, that didn't happen to be a 110V coffee maker did it?

Bang Mo Google Earth.jpg

Thank you both @dddave and @impulse for your ideas.  I think I will try one of those shops Dave described as there are a few near where I live.

No, it wasn't a 110v (I learned my lesson after my 3 previous coffee makers as I am a fast learner).

On 7/30/2020 at 2:25 AM, wotsdermatter said:

You are such a "fast learner" it only took three coffee makers to be damaged before you learned a lesson.

'nuf sed.

If "nuf sed", why did you practically repeat what I said?  If I said enough, then I don't understand why you had to copy me.  Perhaps you should listen to some Ronan Keating, you know this one "you say it best when...."?  Thank you anyway for your comment, I appreciate your efforts, but must gently say that the previous posters were more helpful. Perhaps you should "step yo game up" as Floyd Mayweather Jr used to say so your next post will be more useful. Don't worry, not all posts are perfect, but I think you can do better.  Remember the immortal words of Chumbawumba in their only hit song and take them to heart. Thank you.

1 hour ago, scoupeo said:

3 nespresso are dead and I never tried to fix them, I guess that it's useless.

But what I am sure is that I will never buy any of these $hit machines anymore. Fuxx nestle !

well nestle got you to buy three machines already ????, so not buying a fourth really isn't going to bother them

On 7/29/2020 at 3:25 PM, wotsdermatter said:

You are such a "fast learner" it only took three coffee makers to be damaged before you learned a lesson.

'nuf sed.

I use a 120v coffee maker on 220v.  I buy the light roast and it converts it to dark roast, in a hurry.  Though I think 60 Hz coffee has a bit more "zing" than 50 Hz. 

15 minutes ago, samsensam said:

well nestle got you to buy three machines already ????, so not buying a fourth really isn't going to bother them

Plenty of alternatives.Whatever company makes the machines they have to be de-calked regularly.