Stranded

graham67

Would like for my daughter to be able and get back here to visit since it is summer in the US and she is out of school, but then to much red tape for repatriation and such and then they would frown on her going back to the US once school starts in September.  Of course there are those that have family here, and family abroad, that can neither get here or if they went there would not get back here.  Balancing act on the blade of the sword for us all.  

Just now, Pilotman said:

It is a lovely Island.  We go many twice a year, very relaxing. I'll give a post for you, as I know you love my reports so much. ????

Look forward to it. I know it's not for everyone, but if you fancy some proper grub and a guinness the irish pub there is very good.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 9:38 AM, graham67 said:

im sure I speak for a lot of us who are stranded abroad and can not get back.

i,like many others,I own a house in Thailand,have a retirement visa,pay what I must etc.etc.

it seems unfair that film crews , migrant workers etc. are allowed in but no one seems to speak about our group

Why didn't you come back in March when you could see what was happening?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

unless you are thai, you don't

My  company, of which I am the largest shareholder, (49%) , but not the majority shareholder, my wife and daughter between them hold 51% of the shares, own my house and farms, therefore I own them too.   

Edited by Pilotman
  • Confused 1

Well, firstly migrant workers are essential to the Thai economy. As for film crews, that ain't going to happen. As another poster, a film exec, pointed out on another thread: foreign film companies aren't going to pay for their entire crew to be put into quarantine for 14-days whilst also being expected to pay their salaries for sitting around doing absolutely nothing. It's merely wishful thinking on the government's part. 

I'm afraid, like everybody else wanting to travel abroad, you're just going to have to wait patiently for this madness to end. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, warcy said:

Yes, retirees aren't really welcome in Thailand, it seems.

If you are work permit holder, you're welcome to open a bank account but not a retiree(only some branches welcome retirees)

..money is money, or do we now discriminate the origin?