90 Day Online Reporting situation as of 24 July 2020...totally confused now!

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Late yesterday and there are already at least 2 topics about it.

Is the other topic regarding the amnesty for expired visa/extensions (and including amnesty for reporting) or a topic on reporting online of 90 days?

I tried reporting online, I can't get past the first step.

I still want to report (online), I don't care if there is an amnesty on that.

Edited by Metropolitian

2 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

I entered the information, everything was tip top right, and all I got was this :

That can happen if the database the system checks cannot be accessed. It means your record cannot be found.

2 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

BTW. Anyone who did the tm47 online, did you get the date 're-register by date' ?

I had to count the days, and waited 83 days after the last online report was done.

Do you mean when your next 90 day report is due.

When completing the the online report you should get a email telling you has been approved. And or you can go back onto  the site to check the status of your application and print out your next appointment date that is the receipt for your report.

41 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Now I am unable to file it online as I normally do.  Hoping it is just a temporary glitch and I will be able to do it sometime during August successfully. 

Well.. I am not able to do, but did the successful 3 months ago.

image.png.946913a274a2edfe142436544607f247.png

Transaction date and time Tuesday ,April 28,2020 10:27 PM (TH)

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That can happen if the database the system checks cannot be accessed. It means your record cannot be found.

If I enter the ref number from the last time, it is still there, with a approved mark.

The record is there, even if I entered my passport information instead of the REF number.

I get the results from the last 3 years (Current passport).

So something else is playing.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you mean when your next 90 day report is due.

When completing the the online report you should get a email telling you has been approved. And or you can go back onto  the site to check the status of your application and print out your next appointment date that is the receipt for your report.

Hmmm.... email.. going to check that if it says the date,  the due date isn't on the confirmation screen and the approval report(status of application).

EDIT: I just checked at the status of the last application online, and I can see under the screen 'The Next Appoinment'  , then it would be there.. 

I clicked on it but nothing happens.

image.png.8756d8010db4029d8a3567c24aca476a.png

Maybe have to try again on monday ????

I have done 2 90 day reports on line during the amnesty period without any problems so it is working as usual. I did have a problem printing the next appointment so I did a screen dump to print it out. I did print the Approved page as usual

Edited by chilly07

32 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

If I enter the ref number from the last time, it is still there, with a approved mark.

The record is there, even if I entered my passport information instead of the REF number.

I get the results from the last 3 years (Current passport).

So something else is playing.

Hmmm.... email.. going to check that if it says the date,  the due date isn't on the confirmation screen and the approval report(status of application).

EDIT: I just checked at the status of the last application online, and I can see under the screen 'The Next Appoinment'  , then it would be there.. 

I clicked on it but nothing happens.

image.png.8756d8010db4029d8a3567c24aca476a.png

Maybe have to try again on monday ????

The "Next Appointment Button" like everything else on their website is quirky.  Clear your browser cache and try again; it will then work just fine  (see my post right above this one) ????

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

Well.. I am not able to do, but did the successful 3 months ago.

image.png.946913a274a2edfe142436544607f247.png

Transaction date and time Tuesday ,April 28,2020 10:27 PM (TH)

Yep, same here.

March report got approved within a day.

June report failed => Contact the Office!

Info entered was 100% identical on both forms and done with the same browser.

Well what do you expect from an Immigration "Service" that thinks it's a good idea to create a website that is written for 90% in the Thai language??

<deleted>??

Itb seems clear it is for people who missed a report during March - July. What I am not clear on is can people whose permissions of stay are now expired (i.e. stay her on the amnesty) do a 90 day report? I seem to have seen some reports of people saying their 90 day reports were not accepted because permission to stay had expired.

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Itb seems clear it is for people who missed a report during March - July. What I am not clear on is can people whose permissions of stay are now expired (i.e. stay her on the amnesty) do a 90 day report? I seem to have seen some reports of people saying their 90 day reports were not accepted because permission to stay had expired.

They did not need to do 90 day reports before and not until after September 26th now

Immigration seems to want people that normally do 90 day reports that are on long stay extensions or visas that skipped them to do them in August.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They did not need to do 90 day reports before and not until after September 26th now

Immigration seems to want people that normally do 90 day reports that are on long stay extensions or visas that skipped them to do them in August.

And for avoiding the need to go to the immigration office by doing it online.

I have to do it (going to the office) , and have time to do so before the 31th of august if I am right.

19 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

Can anybody give me a simple and definitive answer regarding online 90 day reporting?  I simply want to know what the online reporting timeframe is as of now 24 July?  I just tried to do online reporting today (24 July) which is within the window for the original July 31 amnesty deadline (just to play it safe) , and got the "contact Immigration" error message, so I assume it is locking out requests now that the amnesty period will be extended.

Probably somebody already answered your questions (but not on Page 1).

In what you wrote you assume that you need to do your 90-day report before the original July 31 amnesty deadline.  But the amnesty deadline has nothing to do with the reporting window for your 90-day report.  It has to be done - when doing it on-line - in the 15 days before tlll due date of your 90-day report.  And that due date is simply 90 days after the notification of the previous 90-day report you did. 

In case you didn't report during the Amnesty (it was not required) Immigration already announced that you would then need to do your next one IN PERSON at your local IO, and according to the latest announcement that needs to be done between 1 and 31 August.

I was unsure about the situation and couldn't do my reporting because they were closed.

So I heard it wasn't required. I was still unsure and tried to do online reporting for the first time but after 7 or 14 days that it was due. The online reporting didn't pass the first stage which apparently tells you whether it is being processed.

I dont want to lose my retirement extension so the next time I passed immigration and there was little waiting I asked if my online 90 day had actually happened. Officer said no because you submitted online after the expiry but that wasn't a problem due to the situation.

Reporting done. All good.

23 hours ago, rbkk said:

My wife just showed me the same infographic and I came to ThaiVisa to  find out what the hell is going on. I'm equally as baffled as you are. Let's hope someone can shed some light.

When doing the 90 days report online it must be done within the normal window, between due date and 15 days earlier. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 10:11 PM, rbkk said:

My wife just showed me the same infographic and I came to ThaiVisa to  find out what the hell is going on. I'm equally as baffled as you are. Let's hope someone can shed some light.

I successfully completed my 90 reporting on 22 July. I also completed a previous 90 report on-time during the amnesty period. my guess is that you didn't do your reporting on time even though there was an amnesty period hence shooting yourself in the foot. the system is programmed to look at dates in a certain way and not programmed around the amnesty. Unfortunately no thought was given to this and there will be thousands of people converging on immigration to do 90 day reporting that cannot do them online now. 

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

I successfully completed my 90 reporting on 22 July. I also completed a previous 90 report on-time during the amnesty period. my guess is that you didn't do your reporting on time even though there was an amnesty period hence shooting yourself in the foot. the system is programmed to look at dates in a certain way and not programmed around the amnesty. Unfortunately no thought was given to this and there will be thousands of people converging on immigration to do 90 day reporting that cannot do them online now. 

If you did NOT do your 90-day report during the Amnesty, there are no fines nor penalties.

But it is now announced by Immigration that in that case you need to go IN PERSON to your local IO between 1 and 31 August to regularize your 90-day reporting situation.

35 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

But it is now announced by Immigration that in that case you need to go IN PERSON to your local IO between 1 and 31 August to regularize your 90-day reporting situation.

In reality that is not mandatory. That appears to be more of a request than what is in the extension of the ministerial notice. There will be no fine if you do not do it.

It think it might even work if doing the report online.

I also think it only applies to those that are on long stay extensions or visas that normally do the reports.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In reality that is not mandatory. That appears to be more of a request than what is in the extension of the ministerial notice. There will be no fine if you do not do it.

It think it might even work if doing the report online.

I also think it only applies to those that are on long stay extensions or visas that normally do the reports.

Hi Joe, I highly respect your opinion.

And if you are right (you probably are), I can only conclude that Immigration made a real mess-up in their communication.

1 - 90 days notification [section 2] >need to do it IN PERSON when you skipped it during the Amnesty

2 - Last Announcement [section 3] >> do it during 1-31 August window

90 days Notification.jpg

announcement Immigration.jpg

28 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Joe, I highly respect your opinion.

And if you are right (you probably are), I can only conclude that Immigration made a real mess-up in their communication.

1 - 90 days notification [section 2] >need to do it IN PERSON when you skipped it during the Amnesty

2 - Last Announcement [section 3] >> do it during 1-31 August window

1. That was written before the extension of the ministerial notice was approved. That was written under the assumption it would not be extended.

2. The approval by the cabinet still states that reports under section 37 (5) are not required. The seems to be a request from immigration since they are not mandatory. I think they are wanting people on longstay extensions and visa to get caught up on them if they have skipped them.  If done in August the next report would not be due until November.

I skipped mine in April when things were a lot different than they are now as far as the virus infections go. I plan of trying to do one when I apply for my annual extension early next month.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Khawphod said:

Yep, same here.

March report got approved within a day.

June report failed => Contact the Office!

Info entered was 100% identical on both forms and done with the same browser.

Well what do you expect from an Immigration "Service" that thinks it's a good idea to create a website that is written for 90% in the Thai language??

<deleted>??

LOL!  I agree 100%.  I always thought it was so ironic that a government website that caters primarily to people who do not speak or read Thai would have such indecipherable translation.  Even when the translation is good, the meaning is often confusing or contradictory.

My other gripe is that the online services website is horribly designed.  When you get that "Contact the local Imm office" error, it is almost always because you are outside the timeframe for online submission (i.e.: the 5-15 day window for 90 day reporting).  Sometimes I guess it might just be because their lookup server (to find your records) is down.  It would be far better if that error message simply delineated what the problem is instead of just saying to contact your local office.

But I guess it's just the way things are here in the Magic Kingdom.  As one Imm officer who actually spoke excellent English put it to me, with a wry smile, "This is Thailand; we do thing a little differently here". 

Edited by WaveHunter

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

@ubonjoe, does that mean they will allow online reporting from August 1 -31 for those who missed their reporting date that was within the amnesty period?

Mine was due by 30 May.  I remember one CCSA official briefing back in May specifically said, "...the 90-day reporting rule for foreigners holding a one-year visa has been suspended until 31 July..." and the government's own infographic on the online services Imm website where you normally do your 90 day reporting was replaced with this Infographic.  Note that it says "...Immigration Bureau will process the above mentioned steps automatically"

883167673_snapshot_2020-07-26at12_33_42PM.jpg.2e3c9d7c36bbc13db4a4701523603475.jpg

Any logical thinking person would interpret this to mean that if you did not file during the amnesty period, you were in perfect accordance with these new official IMM guidelines, and that the Imm Bureau was going to handle it for you "automatically". 

Yet, if they are now not going to allow online reporting during August, that is a huge contradiction IMO.  I tried to do an online report on 24 July and was unable.  Hoping I will be allowed to do it during the August 1-31 window.

Edited by WaveHunter

24 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL!  I agree 100%.  I always thought it was so ironic that a government website that caters primarily to people who do not speak or read Thai would have such indecipherable translation.  Even when the translation is good, the meaning is often confusing or contradictory.

Even the things they write in Thai are often wrong, inaccurate or confusing, and then an intern gets the job of translating this into English. Of course this ends up in chaos.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Even the things they write in Thai are often wrong, inaccurate or confusing, and then an intern gets the job of translating this into English. Of course this ends up in chaos.

That's the main reason I prefer online services and hate being forced to visit local Imm office.  The experience can often drive the strongest person to tears LOL!  I remember one poster on the forum going in to do a 90 day report and being told to come back another day with his bank book as it was required, when the two things have nothing whatsoever to do with one another LOL!

Most Imm officers I've dealt with are knowledgable, communicate well, friendly and helpful, but some are just a nightmare to deal with!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Probably somebody already answered your questions (but not on Page 1).

In what you wrote you assume that you need to do your 90-day report before the original July 31 amnesty deadline.  But the amnesty deadline has nothing to do with the reporting window for your 90-day report.  It has to be done - when doing it on-line - in the 15 days before tlll due date of your 90-day report.  And that due date is simply 90 days after the notification of the previous 90-day report you did. 

In case you didn't report during the Amnesty (it was not required) Immigration already announced that you would then need to do your next one IN PERSON at your local IO, and according to the latest announcement that needs to be done between 1 and 31 August.

Where did you see this stipulation that it must be done in person.  The only thing I saw was that it must be done Aug 1-31 "by specified channels", without any explanation of what "specified channels" meant.

Normally if you miss the online window, in-person submission would be required, but the infographic appearing on the website specifically stated that the Imm Bureau would handle the 90 day reporting on your behalf during the amnesty period:

1696640633_snapshot_2020-07-26at12_33_42PM.jpg.ece8ca25b4843a0a4dc4b8a69eb51e90.jpg

Of course, to date I see no verification that they indeed updated my records with a 90 day report, as this infographic claims they would do, so just another contradiction between what Imm says and what they actually do ????  Very frustrating!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

They have ~5 weeks to do it. If they wait until the last week,then who's to blame? 

Wait a minute!!!!  In reference to my above post, I just realized that the Imm Bureau DID in fact automatically update my 90 day reporting on my behalf...but in a sort of bizarre way!!

Searching with my passport number instead of a reference number, I see that on 22 April, they automatically extended it to 24 July on my behalf.  Why they would do this over one month before my deadline of 30 May is confusing, but that's what they did, all without any input form me!  

So, maybe with the new amnesty extension, they will do the same thing, extending it automatically through September.  I guess I'll just have to monitor the website for changes during August and if nothing is updated or I can't do the update manually online, I'll be visiting the Imm office.

What a crazy system they have!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Where did you see this stipulation that it must be done in person.  The only thing I saw was that it must be done Aug 1-31 "by specified channels", without any explanation of what "specified channels" meant.

Normally if you miss the online window, in-person submission would be required, but the infographic appearing on the website specifically stated that the Imm Bureau would handle the 90 day reporting on your behalf during the amnesty period:

1696640633_snapshot_2020-07-26at12_33_42PM.jpg.ece8ca25b4843a0a4dc4b8a69eb51e90.jpg

Of course, to date I see no verification that they indeed updated my records with a 90 day report, as this infographic claims they would do, so just another contradiction between what Imm says and what they actually do ????  Very frustrating!

Why would you see a verification? The 90 days reports if you didn't do them between March 26 and July 31, now have the same due date = August 31 (but without the 7 days grace period.) Just relax.